UEFA Youth League - U19s v Akranes

Bubbles

Akranes, ÍA, or just Skagamenn, all are names attributed to the team Derby are about to face.  Akranes is the town, ÍA (Sports Group of Akranes) is the name of the team and the commonly used Skagamenn means peninsula men, as the town sits on a small peninsula dominated by Akrafjall mountain, north west from Reykjavík across Faxaflói bay.  Population 7314.  Their first team has won the Icelandic premier division 18 times.

000kort_sudvesturland480.gif

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Swede, here.

Hej Svensk person

Have been to Swedish ports during my sailor days and worked close to a year in Malmö.  Never got the hang of the Skåne way of talking.  Had a Swedish teacher from the far north of the country, we understood each other remarkably well.

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Hej Svensk person

Have been to Swedish ports during my sailor days and worked close to a year in Malmö.  Never got the hang of the Skåne way of talking.  Had a Swedish teacher from the far north of the country, we understood each other remarkably well.

I meant "rutabaga" is called "swede" here ? 

Although I do have enough Scandinavian friends that that wasn't complete gibberish to me so that's something!

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I meant "rutabaga" is called "swede" here ? 

Although I do have enough Scandinavian friends that that wasn't complete gibberish to me so that's something!

Oh, silly me, thanks for clarifying ?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

You lot down there eat stuff just as bad ?

having fish with the head left on is hardly the same though!  

First time i went to a supermarket in Spain came home with a chicken to roast.  It had only been plucked rest of it (head innards, feet) was there.  You lot up there struggle if the tops are left on the carrots.

34 minutes ago, Spanish said:

having fish with the head left on is hardly the same though!  

First time i went to a supermarket in Spain came home with a chicken to roast.  It had only been plucked rest of it (head innards, feet) was there.  You lot up there struggle if the tops are left on the carrots.

Criadillas! 

I rest my case.

Archived