A penny for Mels thoughts

MackworthRamIsGod

I can’t blame him for wanting to sell up TBH.

100 odd million on a Championship club to see it go backwards? Madness.

He got his man in Rowett, he fooks off. He then goes one better in Lampard, he fooks off the second Chelsea call. 

Berate by Rush, berate by the players. XX amount spent under Clement. 
WTF? I’d need counselling for all the poo some of this bunch of tossers have thrown at him. 

Sell up and enjoy life fella I fookin would, most cursed club in the game 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

A lower half table club after 14 games after the previous manager jumped ship and our best 3 players of last season are not here. Not mels fault.

Sacked our captain for gross misconduct, keeping the other players has nothing to do with Keoghs punishment. (we don't know, keogh may have caused the accident by pissing around in the car). Not mels fault.

We were under investigation because a certain green eyed chairman doesn't like it, you really think he would have done it if there was any chance of him being caught, it's basically fraud. No blame on mel at all.

How anyone cannot get excited at the prospect of Rooney playing for us is beyond me. We signed Mcgrath at 37 when we were in the prem and he was brilliant, rooney is a class player for this league. A brilliant move by Mel that will bring more tv revenue and sponsership to the club just as Lampard did.

Why is having a betting company to sponsor/fund any deal wrong?, funny how no one was moaning when they were first announced as a sponsor and the fact they also sponsor other teams too. This is a non argument and just another stick to beat mel with and try and justify moaning for the sake of moaning.

How many clubs with high asperations run on a profit?, not many, if any. Every club are always looking for more investment whether your Liverpool or Burton.

Regards the other issues you state. If i owned a club and spent millions of my own money and I thought any of my emplyees were not putting 100% effort in whilst being very well payed, I'd be in there giving em what for too.

How is sam rush allegedly shafting us Mels fault?. Again, you employ someone to do a job, I find it incedible anyone can blame Mel for the actions of a trusted employee. Not mels fault.

As for the drones, this was taken massively out of context.

The only fault imo that lies with mel is that he's probably put too much of his own money into employees who have consistently let him down.

Fair enough, that’s your view, mine is that it’s a long list of off the field headlines that have impacted the club since MM arrival.

Looking at your post above you don’t attribute anything that’s happened back to MM, personally I believe that as the owner of the club he should be held accountable for anything where he has a direct involvement in, however we shall have to agree to disagree or would go around in circles I fear.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

A lower half table club with a poor squad,

A club in the lower half of the table after 14 games, with another 32 still to play. How many of the last 5 seasons have been much different?

having just sacked our captain for gross miss conduct, whilst keeping the two other culprits on the pay roll despite them being found guilty for DD and fleeing the scene of a crime.

As has been said, his contract was terminated because he can no longer perform the role required of him for the duration of his remaining contract. The other two can.

Not forgetting still being under EFL investigation for selling our ground to comply with FFP rules,

Which will come to nothing

bringing in a 34 year old player on god knows how much money funded by a betting company,

We're getting Rooney because a sponsor has offered to increase the value of the deal currently in place. A deal which will strengthen the playing staff, strengthen the coaching staff, increase the clubs profit (reduce losses), and increase the club's profile.

having a yearly running cost that is so much that we are having to seek investment to subside it.

Almost every club in the Championship runs at a loss - the average is about £25m per year. Even everyone's ideal club (Brentford) made a loss of £18.5m in 17/18 despite making a £8m profit on players.

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

My own view is that he is a very good businessman, however for whatever reason, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, there are a lot of aspects within the club where he has taken us backwards, this is not an emotional outlook, it is one I have shared on here for a while now. 

You can have an emotional belief over a period of time - Most beliefs come from an emotional place and most are held for a long period of time

In 13/14 we had a team with a lot of heart and spirit, a couple of talented loanees and an exceptional young talent pulling the strings in midfield - Last season we had a team with a lot of heart and spirit, a couple of very talented loanees one of which was an exceptional young talent pulling the strings in midfield

I still maintain that getting rid of Mac1 was the biggest mistake we've made for years - And the appointment of Sam Rush is probably second to that - Both of those were Mel decisions - But I don't feel the need to lay everything (like players behaving like morons or managers not settling right away) at his door like you seem to - But I understand the need to have a simple answer to the non-simple problems we have

15 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Fair enough, that’s your view, mine is that it’s a long list of off the field headlines that have impacted the club since MM arrival.

Looking at your post above you don’t attribute anything that’s happened back to MM, personally I believe that as the owner of the club he should be held accountable for anything where he has a direct involvement in, however we shall have to agree to disagree or would go around in circles I fear.

Different opinions are fine and I accept that, but just as you say I don't attribute anything back to MM, You yourself are laying the blame of everything that has been sensationalized by the press and massivley blown out of proportion, at MM's feet. You have said he's taken the club backwards. In what way?. We have been in the Championship for 12 years now and MM has only been the owner for 4 of those years and in that time he has invested hugely in the academy and Moor farm, bringing names like lampard, cole, cocu and rooney to the club and we have been pushing for promotion in all of those years. I honestly cannot see how that's taking us backwards.

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You can have an emotional belief over a period of time - Most beliefs come from an emotional place and most are held for a long period of time

In 13/14 we had a team with a lot of heart and spirit, a couple of talented loanees and an exceptional young talent pulling the strings in midfield - Last season we had a team with a lot of heart and spirit, a couple of very talented loanees one of which was an exceptional young talent pulling the strings in midfield

I still maintain that getting rid of Mac1 was the biggest mistake we've made for years - And the appointment of Sam Rush is probably second to that - Both of those were Mel decisions - But I don't feel the need to lay everything (like players behaving like morons or managers not settling right away) at his door like you seem to - But I understand the need to have a simple answer to the non-simple problems we have

Rush came in Jan 2013 when we were owned by the Americans, over a year before Mel first bought into the club.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Different opinions are fine and I accept that, but just as you say I don't attribute anything back to MM, You yourself are laying the blame of everything that has been sensationalized by the press and massivley blown out of proportion, at MM's feet. You have said he's taken the club backwards. In what way?. We have been in the Championship for 12 years now and MM has only been the owner for 4 of those years and in that time he has invested hugely in the academy and Moor farm, bringing names like lampard, cole, cocu and rooney to the club and we have been pushing for promotion in all of those years. I honestly cannot see how that's taking us backwards.

As I said previously, he has done a lot of good things, the infrastructure, for example the youth academy is second to none.

Taking the club backwards I have judged on where the club was on the field when he took over to where it is now, millions spent hiring and firing managers, out of court battles, no longer owning our ground, constant adverse press coverage. Of the years we have battled for promotion, we have never challenged for the top 2 with the exception of the first year (was it?).

He has attracted top players to the club, but at what cost ? WR is going to come in on a subsided deal, and yet we struggled to get any of our first choice targets in the latest transfer window, Coincidence ?

Do I blame Mel for everything, of course not but he as the leader and owner of the club has to take his share of responsibilities imo.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A club in the lower half of the table after 14 games, with another 32 still to play. How many of the last 5 seasons have been much different?

As has been said, his contract was terminated because he can no longer perform the role required of him for the duration of his remaining contract. The other two can.

Which will come to nothing

We're getting Rooney because a sponsor has offered to increase the value of the deal currently in place. A deal which will strengthen the playing staff, strengthen the coaching staff, increase the clubs profit (reduce losses), and increase the club's profile.

Almost every club in the Championship runs at a loss - the average is about £25m per year. Even everyone's ideal club (Brentford) made a loss of £18.5m in 17/18 despite making a £8m profit on players.

I cannot to this multi quotation thing so please bear with me ?

You go and watch matches, do you honestly believe that we have a squad that is anywhere near the previous seasons, I’m not basing my view on the league position alone but what’s happening on the pitch.

He was sacked for gross misconduct, what is the difference between the actions of the other three and his on that night, other than unfortunately he came out of the crash injured ?

I have no issue with the Rooney deal, I was highlighting another incident where we make headlines based on the actions of Mel. The only issue I really have with the deal is that I honestly believe (cannot prove it and no evidence) that it had an impact on our transfer dealings in the latter part of the window.

Our loss last year I believe was 40m, compared to what it was when he took over, is a considerable increase - once again a subjective view, with now a very average at best championship team.

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

How do you know? Were you privy to those targets or just newspaper/agent rumours?

Just basing it on what PC said at the time, we weren’t going to be doing last minute deals, signings would be coming and announced before the deadline had finished. Details around the Paterson deal etc...

No concrete evidence, of course it could have been that Paterson and Hamer were our first choice targets ?

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Financially stable, playoff finalists last year, playoff contenders 3 of the 4 years he's been in charge, attracting management talent like Lampard and Cocu, supporting and expanding the youth academy year after year, persuading the best english player of his generation to come play for us and coach future talent

We’re losing £17,000,000 more a season than when he came in*, no longer own the stadium and have a worse playing side than the one he walked in to to boot…

*this point’s incorrect, it’s how much the wage bill has risen by but I doubt I’ll have time to find how much we’re losing now compared to then in time to edit this reply 

**we’re losing £1,000,000 more per year than when he took over 

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

As I said previously, he has done a lot of good things, the infrastructure, for example the youth academy is second to none.

Taking the club backwards I have judged on where the club was on the field when he took over to where it is now, millions spent hiring and firing managers, out of court battles, no longer owning our ground, constant adverse press coverage. Of the years we have battled for promotion, we have never challenged for the top 2 with the exception of the first year (was it?).

He has attracted top players to the club, but at what cost ? WR is going to come in on a subsided deal, and yet we struggled to get any of our first choice targets in the latest transfer window, Coincidence ?

Do I blame Mel for everything, of course not but he as the leader and owner of the club has to take his share of responsibilities imo.

You could be talking about any championship club there.Were no different from any other team,they’ve all had the same scenarios,outcomes as us.

you only have to look down road at Florist what they have gone through over the years.There next problem will be there wage bill if they don’t get promoted this season.

Mel doing a good job under difficult circumstances in the crazy world of football and the huge losses it makes

10 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

millions spent hiring and firing managers,

Clement and Pearson both Rush decisions - Only two managers Morris outright chose we made a money on both

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

no longer owning our ground

Owned by the owner of the club

12 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

out of court battles

Because he chose to trust someone who'd been brought in by the Americans

13 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Of the years we have battled for promotion, we have never challenged for the top 2 with the exception of the first year (was it?).

In the year before he took over we finished 8th

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

If you have the shortlist which Cocu drew up please do share it - Every window we're linked with 30 players and about 3 of them are true

I feel like most of your points are clouded by your negativity and aren't even close to factually correct

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

We’re losing £17,000,000 more a season than when he came in*, no longer own the stadium and have a worse playing side than the one he walked in to to boot…

We're playing worse I admit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Derby_County_F.C._season

However - I think we're discounting something significant - Will Hughes

Essentially in 13/14 and 14/15 we had a very very very rare Gem from the academy - And now we don't - If you took the squad that we had at the start of the season and swapped Hughes over I think we'd give our 14/15 squad a run for it's money

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Clement and Pearson both Rush decisions - Only two managers Morris outright chose we made a money on both

Owned by the owner of the club

Because he chose to trust someone who'd been brought in by the Americans

In the year before he took over we finished 8th

If you have the shortlist which Cocu drew up please do share it - Every window we're linked with 30 players and about 3 of them are true

I feel like most of your points are clouded by your negativity and aren't even close to factually correct

I’ll just take you last point to task, are you saying that your quite happy to lay the blame of everything that happened at the club at SRs door and nothing at Mels.

Quite a bit of irony in that post.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’ll just take you last point to task, are you saying that your quite happy to lay the blame of everything that happened at the club at SRs door and nothing at Mels.

Quite a bit of irony in that post.

No

My whole point from the start of this discussion is I'm not prepared to lay the whole blame at the feet of any single person - At each stage there have been plenty and factors and influences which have been involved

The classic example for me is the Butterfield and Johnson thing which every uses to slam Morris - We had injuries to key players (Bryson and Hughes) and needed replacements very late in the transfer window - The owner funded two players who would have been suggested by the scouting team, selected by the manager and the deal negotiated by the CEO - With the benefit of hindsight they didn't work out - But it wasn't solely Morris' fault just partly

19 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I cannot to this multi quotation thing so please bear with me ?

Double tap enter

You go and watch matches, do you honestly believe that we have a squad that is anywhere near the previous seasons, I’m not basing my view on the league position alone but what’s happening on the pitch.

I base it on what I think this squad is capable of once things click. 

He was sacked for gross misconduct, what is the difference between the actions of the other three and his on that night, other than unfortunately he came out of the crash injured ?

2 can perform the roles they're paid to do. The other can't perform the role he was paid to do.

I have no issue with the Rooney deal, I was highlighting another incident where we make headlines based on the actions of Mel. The only issue I really have with the deal is that I honestly believe (cannot prove it and no evidence) that it had an impact on our transfer dealings in the latter part of the window.

Surely getting someone in of Rooney's calibre would improve our chances of getting players in?

Our loss last year I believe was 40m, compared to what it was when he took over, is a considerable increase - once again a subjective view, with now a very average at best championship team.

Do the same for every club in this division and I'm sure you'll find most are now losing a lot more than what they were 5/6 years ago.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

I can’t blame him for wanting to sell up TBH.

100 odd million on a Championship club to see it go backwards? Madness.

He got his man in Rowett, he fooks off. He then goes one better in Lampard, he fooks off the second Chelsea call. 

Berate by Rush, berate by the players. XX amount spent under Clement. 
WTF? I’d need counselling for all the poo some of this bunch of tossers have thrown at him. 

Sell up and enjoy life fella I fookin would, most cursed club in the game 

0C24C22E-3FFC-4782-ADC0-1FECD4FF1F60.gif

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No

My whole point from the start of this discussion is I'm not prepared to lay the whole blame at the feet of any single person - At each stage there have been plenty and factors and influences which have been involved

The classic example for me is the Butterfield and Johnson thing which every uses to slam Morris - We had injuries to key players (Bryson and Hughes) and needed replacements very late in the transfer window - The owner funded two players who would have been suggested by the scouting team, selected by the manager and the deal negotiated by the CEO - With the benefit of hindsight they didn't work out - But it wasn't solely Morris' fault just partly

And my point at the start of the discussion was that MM has to take his fair share of the blame., never said it was all his doing.

As for butterflied and Johnson, I would lay no blame at his door, he didn’t choose the players (I hope :-)), as the custodian of the club though I would expect him to be fully aware of the overall finances and any impact to FFP.

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

A lower half table club with a poor squad, having just sacked our captain for gross miss conduct, whilst keeping the two other culprits on the pay roll despite them being found guilty for DD and fleeing the scene of a crime.

Not forgetting still being under EFL investigation for selling our ground to comply with FFP rules, bringing in a 34 year old player on god knows how much money funded by a betting company, having a yearly running cost that is so much that we are having to seek investment to subside it.

Thats not even going mentioning past events like dressing rooms, drones, Sam Rush etc....etc...

There's a law against Dungeons & Dragons???

Archived