Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Anyone fancy summarising the main points of this, if you've got access?

Was informed by Mel Morris directly.

Derbys position is that Keoghs actions have made it impossible for him to perform his duties as a football player, where as Lawrence and Bennett still can.

He's looking to appeal and is being supported by the PFA in his legal case.

PFA and Derby County have offered to support him with use of their facilities in his rehabilitation regardless.

Derby were keen on an amicable position but Keogh turned down wage cut as he didn't agree with it.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Chancel Mbemba’s played 12 games at this level and you named him ?

Kourtney Hause… you haven’t even paid attention to where he plays let alone how he plays… 

Michael Keane plays for England…

Hause is a centre half

Mbenba didnt play many in the championship because hes too good for it

Gomez, stones, tarkowski, keane all play for england. 

You asked for a list of better players and ive given you one yet your not accepting it. Keogh was average, deal with it. 

Couple more for you off the top of my head. Terry, lascelles. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Just stinks of greed on his part. 

I personally think it was just a massive shock to the system as he's been very loyal to the club. Article also states that people around the club said he was Mel Morris's eyes and ears around the training ground, they had a great relationship.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

This is going to get me a lot of stick but I feel the club have massively cokked up here. I for one was hoping our rich will stay and one day manage us. As a young CB at school vidic and keogh were my idols. Vidic was my idol as a cb with his willing to put his body on the line. And keogh was my idol from pure sportsmanship ability and passion and everything. He was the first name I got on the back of my shirt. My favourite ever Derby player. Not the most gifted or anything but a true grafter and a lovely guy. I’m heartbroken by the news. The club need to think about getting him back either that be as a player or a coach because he is invaluable to this club 

I can't think of anyone less inspiring as a manger. To be a football manager you need a certain amount of eloquence and a small degree of intelligence. Keogh for all his passion I'm afraid has the charisma of a wet tea towel and as far as intelligence goes, imagine all the press conferences where the phrase, "well like you said" is thrown about. Keogh manager of Derby County, erm no thanks.

36 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It's so simple, I don't understand why people don't see this viewpoint. Letting their own opinions of the players get in the way of the actual hard facts that two players are still available for selection.

And, if this was Bogle, Marriott and Keogh No one would be baying for their blood. It's only because of blinkered views of Lawrence and the fact Bennett is a bang average player that folks are making these comments. IMO.

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If his Mrs was pissed up, and he decided to get into the car anyway, then yes, I believe the club would take the same action.  The long & short of it is that he willfully his well being at risk when he decided to get in Lawrence's car, and as others have mentioned already, there will be terms in his employee contract that states he shouldn't knowingly partake in any potentially dangerous activity that could hinder his capacity to do what he's employed to do.  It's probably quite vague and doesn't specifically state "Don't get in cars when the driver is intoxicated", but I'm sure there's enough legal leeway that means he shouldn't have gotten in the car when the driver was intoxicated".  Therefore he's breached the terms of his contract, and can be dismissed.  Obviously the club didn't want to take this stance, or they wouldn't have bothered to offer him a reduced wage, and access to the medical expertise that will help him play again.  It boggles the mind that he didn't snatch their hands off...

It does really, even if he wins his appeal he won't be welcome back at the club will he? Surely he'd just get paid off, which means he now has no access to our facilities and medical staff to help with his very long rehabilitation.

Which is why given there has been no (public) apology from Keogh, the Guardian article says he feels 'let down' by the club (ha, how do they think the club feel about this the other way around!?) and his wife has seemingly chosen to add the professional scapegoat thing to her social media (since his sacking?), I can't help but wonder whether he does actually accept he's done something wrong here? If he doesn't could that be the reason he didn't accept the clubs offer of a reduced salary?

But this is all guesswork, I assume there could be more that comes out after his appeal has been heard?

Edit: I've just read the bit from the article above about the offer for him to still use our facilities regardless, that's very good of the club given the less than amicable situation!

Edited by RandomAccessMemory

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

This is going to get me a lot of stick but I feel the club have massively cokked up here. I for one was hoping our rich will stay and one day manage us. As a young CB at school vidic and keogh were my idols. Vidic was my idol as a cb with his willing to put his body on the line. And keogh was my idol from pure sportsmanship ability and passion and everything. He was the first name I got on the back of my shirt. My favourite ever Derby player. Not the most gifted or anything but a true grafter and a lovely guy. I’m heartbroken by the news. The club need to think about getting him back either that be as a player or a coach because he is invaluable to this club 

The club offered him the chance to stay.  He declined.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but he clearly doesn't love you as much as you love him!

We've all been there mate, and it really is true... Time is indeed a great healer.  There will be another.

Stay strong my friend... let her go... erm... I mean... Oh damn... messed it up now!   

54 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Don't think I have ever seen a Derby player give more on a pitch than Keogh.

I take it you weren't around when Alan Biley hobbled around for the last ten minutes, to keep the numbers equal (only one sub allowed back then).

OK, he could hardly walk, let alone kick the ball, but he went so far up in my estimation that day, I went straight out and bought every Rod Stewart Album I could find... in a sort of homage to him... sort of... a bit!  

8 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

.....Edit: I've just read the bit from the article above about the offer for him to still use our facilities regardless, that's very good of the club given the less than amicable situation!

As he's appealing the decision, perhaps we could still let him use the facilities for a reasonable fee - £25K a week sounds pretty fair.....

Thought long about this whole sorry situation,and my view is he deserves more respect from the club and especialy some fans.Taking the mickey of how he comes across on interviews is nonsense.To me he,s been a real warrior and has Derby in his heart for many seasons,mistakes ,yes some doozies,but his commitment can never be questioned .He made a mistake and his club,our club have turned their back on him so have some posters on here,not me ,his past service should count for something.I feel gutted too.

9 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Edit: I've just read the bit from the article above about the offer for him to still use our facilities regardless, that's very good of the club given the less than amicable situation!

You see...  Everyone moaning that we don't have any morals... 

Still doesn't look like the type of guy who was squirreling away half his monthly wage packet for when he hangs up his boots, so turning down £750k or thereabouts seems stupid to say the least. 

1 hour ago, SIWY said:

He’s not actually done anything against the law or against club rules though has he? Sure, it wasn’t right of him to get in the back of the car with a drunk driver, but the accident wasn’t his fault seeing as he wasn’t behind the wheel. Keogh just made a poor decision (easily done when drunk) and has come worst off out of everyone!

I understand I am massively biased towards Keogh and it probably shows in my opinion on the matter, but hypothetically, if he was injured in any other drink drive related accident (say his wife was at the wheel), would he have had to take a reduced contract? Or is he being made a scapegoat here because of his status as club captain? I genuinely can’t help but feel like it’s the latter.

It’s because he has in the clubs opinion broken his contract. No conspiracy just that plain and simple. 

19 minutes ago, Shang said:

I personally think it was just a massive shock to the system as he's been very loyal to the club. Article also states that people around the club said he was Mel Morris's eyes and ears around the training ground, they had a great relationship.

Yes.  I hear Mel privately referred to Keogh as "The Doctor"... as in "Dr One"

2 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Thought long about this whole sorry situation,and my view is he deserves more respect from the club and especialy some fans.Taking the mickey of how he comes across on interviews is nonsense.To me he,s been a real warrior and has Derby in his heart for many seasons,mistakes ,yes some doozies,but his commitment can never be questioned .He made a mistake and his club,our club have turned their back on him so have some posters on here,not me ,his past service should count for something.I feel gutted too.

Id be commited if i was that crap and on 25k a week. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Trust me that the club were well within their rights to sack TL and MB. Their actions have bought the club into disrepute. Enough content in the 30 plus pages here to show you why.

The cases are different, agreed, but it's the clubs decision on the level of punishment to dish out. They just cannot admit that publicly.

Not saying I don’t trust you but I think you are wrong re being able to sack L & B. Unless you can point me to the relevant laws and clauses. 
The fact that no other club has sacked a player for DD seems to back that up. 
Happy to accept being wrong if proved otherwise.