Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

The other 2 could work ,he was sacked because he couldn’t.  Or are you saying that he was sacked because he was drunk and the other should also be sacked ?

Think we may be talking at crossed purposes ... my point is that I simply can’t understand the logic of some on here who believe that all three should have suffered the same punishment when the outcome was that 2 could continue to work and 1 could not. Drunk or not is irrelevant the fact that he rendered himself unable to perform his duties as a result of his actions whereas others could continue to perform theirs meant the punishment should by definition be different. To expect all 3 to be punished the same does not make sense. That’s all I’m saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Please note the maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal from an employment tribunal – £86,444, whereas contract law is open ended.

 

Not strictly true as the Tribunal can also rule on other issues to do with the circumstance on the tribunal such a failure to follow correct procedure amongst many other and that figure can easily end up many times that amount dependent on your income. But maybe not £2.4 Million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I wouldn't worry about him ever actually seeing this payout. I dont think the club has the funds to pay him anyway.

 

It'n not as simple as that

So then he can apply to the High Court for bailiffs to visit the club and attempt to get payment. If the club can't afford to pay him then the EFL will probably scrutinise the clubs finances and the club could be forced into liquidation as it will show the club doesn't have the funds to continue trading

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Irrelevant to the point I was making. In the same circumstances you would personally have pursued the claim I have no doubt.

All this crying and hating Keogh for what any sane person would have done (In pursuing their case at a tribunal) is frankly ridiculous.

The legal team advising Mel have a lot to answer for IMO.

Again this was not a legal case..................this needs to be understood before any discussion can be entered. 

Also please don't judge others by your standards!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It'n not as simple as that

So then he can apply to the High Court for bailiffs to visit the club and attempt to get payment. If the club can't afford to pay him then the EFL will probably scrutinise the clubs finances and the club could be forced into liquidation as it will show the club doesn't have the funds to continue trading

Wrong!  he would need to sue in a court of law for breach of contract to get a high court judgement, also the EFL cannot force a club into liquidation as they are not a creditor and therefore cannot issue a winding up order

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So then he can apply to the High Court for bailiffs to visit the club and attempt to get payment.

Well we have no cash and our only assets worth £2.4m+ are Bielik, Joswiak, Lawrence and the youngsters. What exactly are bailiffs going supposed do, stick Joswiak in their van and sell him at auction?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all need to take the emotion out of this.. Keogh being right or wrong (we all have our views on him and that event), are secondary now.. Any tribunal will look at the facts, from the event to the process followed by the employer.. I have on occasion upheld an appeal for a dismissal on a few occasions in my career.. Not because the offender was innocent but purely because the correct procedure had not been followed.. It can be as black and white as that. A business needs proper advice and follow the rules or exactly this sort of thing happens..

Morris and Pearce are not as clever as they think they are.. Rush and now Keogh, both with the means and the support to be able to take this all the way.. Our leadership team at DCFC are mind boggling stupid. Or have egos the size of planets..

For the record, I have never been a Keogh fan, vastly overrated but he has done nothing but defend his corner here.. All the comments about him taking the 2.3 million now when we are in the poo. This process did not start yesterday but the timing is awful for the club.. That’s not Keoghs fault either..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Asheville Ram said:

Wrong!  he would need to sue in a court of law for breach of contract to get a high court judgement, also the EFL cannot force a club into liquidation as they are not a creditor and therefore cannot issue a winding up order

You do not need a high court judgement to be made to obtain the services of high court bailiffs, you can apply to the high court to obtain the services of bailiffs if payment has not been received of an award. I am not saying the EFL could force the club into liquidation but creditors can if they don't receive payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Not strictly true as the Tribunal can also rule on other issues to do with the circumstance on the tribunal such a failure to follow correct procedure amongst many other and that figure can easily end up many times that amount dependent on your income. But maybe not £2.4 Million.

The only way that figure can be increased is if the unfair dismissal was due to discrimination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You do not need a high court judgement to be made to obtain the services of high court bailiffs, you can apply to the high court to obtain the services of bailiffs if payment has not been received of an award. I am not saying the EFL could force the club into liquidation but creditors can if they don't receive payment.

The award was not a legal judgement therefore cannot be legally enforced.

FYI employment tribunal awards cannot be enforced with bailiffs either

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We all need to take the emotion out of this..

I can't disagree with 99% of your post, but I do think there's room in this thread for discussing our opinion on Keogh's moral character, as well as the incompetent way the whole incident was dealt with on our part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Keogh you leech.

Thanks for the Wembley play-off disaster. 

This is why personally I'm absolutely delighted Keogh has won the case. Because the disproportionately negative and unfair reaction to him is still largely based on ridiculous scapegoating from fans who just needed someone, anyone, to blame for spoiling their big day out 7 years ago.

Edited by Red Ram
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red Ram said:

This is why personally I'm absolutely delighted Keogh has won the case. Because the disproportionately negative and unfair reaction to him is still largely based on ridiculous scapegoating from fans who just needed someone, anyone, to blame for spoiling their big day out 7 years ago.

Boooo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

This is why personally I'm absolutely delighted Keogh has won the case. Because the disproportionately negative and unfair reaction to him is still largely based on ridiculous scapegoating from fans who just needed someone, anyone, to blame for spoiling their big day out 7 years ago.

Disagree.

I've always backed Keogh to the hilt, even after the incident. I think he wrongly wore the 'calamity' label long after he stopped being a calamity (circa 2015). I also think the likes @angieram had similar opinions to me, but our views have been dramatically shifted as a result of his actions here.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I can't disagree with 99% of your post, but I do think there's room in this thread for discussing our opinion on Keogh's moral character, as well as the incompetent way the whole incident was dealt with on our part.

Fill your boots with criticism of Keogh and the events of that night. I would not have and any of them at the club but it does not change that fact the club has cocked up again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Disagree.

I've always backed Keogh to the hilt, even after the incident. I think he wrongly wore the 'calamity' label long after he stopped being a calamity (circa 2015). I also think the likes @angieram had similar opinions to me, but our views have been dramatically shifted as a result of his actions here.

My thoughts exactly.

Club captain, getting in a car with a young drunk colleague. Great leadership that Keogh, maybe give some of your £2.3m to a drink driving awareness charity???

Not like he fell off a table sustaining his injury? 🤔 

Leech.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.