12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Keogh being drunk, should not have got into drunk Tom Lawrence's car.

all three should have been punished, Lawrence, Bennett and Keogh.

2.3 million is probably too high as keogh deserved a club punishment but the clubs punishment of dismissal probably was too strong especially as the others don't seem to have received a punishment.

If he hadn’t messed his knee up and been out for months he would have been disciplined like the others. The fact he couldn’t play and wouldn’t accept a reduced contract whilst using the clubs facilities for his rehabilitation meant the club were without their captain, an asset (whole new meaning these days!!) through no fault of their own.

34 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Why. The EFL agrees with him. DCFC were wrong. He was only sacked when he would not take a pay cut. If it had been handled properly there would not have been a problem. 
yet another example of the mismanagement of the club imo

FTFY

“My love for Derby county will always be unconditional” ... until it comes to claiming every penny I am owed from them after I injured myself by being a stupid Bamford

Can’t say I would blame anybody for seeking what they are owed but I do object to faux nonsense about loving the club when that is now provably untrue.

I guess once you’ve cost a club £100m then what is another £2.5m to add to the kitty

23 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

People can bum lick Keogh all they want by saying that legally he’s in the right and good on him. But..

Curtis Davies. The man played on one leg to help keep us in the division. A man that realises what a lucky man he’s been to have the talent to lead a dream job. An ultimate professional.

Whereas captain Keogh makes himself useless for a season and expects to get paid £20k plus. He’s lined his back pocket but as far as I’m concerned he’s a snake who played far too many matches for us.

Whatever you want to say about Keogh in relation to the incident, in common with Davies, his committment to the cause was beyond question. He'd have almost certainly done exactly what Davies did in the same circumstances.

25 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

People can bum lick Keogh all they want by saying that legally he’s in the right and good on him. But..

Curtis Davies. The man played on one leg to help keep us in the division. A man that realises what a lucky man he’s been to have the talent to lead a dream job. An ultimate professional.

Whereas captain Keogh makes himself useless for a season and expects to get paid £20k plus. He’s lined his back pocket but as far as I’m concerned he’s a snake who played far too many matches for us.

Davies wouldn't have taken a penny if he had been injured while playing unfit, either.

Think that the club got a pay out from the insurance to cover keoghs wages. If he would have taken the offer then he would still be here now. No way Derby are shelling out the total amount without having anything coming in to cover it. 

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The problem here is going to be the optics of getting shot of Keogh, but not Lawrence and Bennett.......even through Keogh couldn’t play and the others could, it gives the EFL the gap they need to hammer us!

I don’t see why there’s criticism of Mel here:

- Keogh wasn’t fired on the spot

- Keogh was offered rehab

- Keogh was offered a new contract at a lower wage to reflect the fact that the injury was “career threatening”, but give the player some security.

What else could the club really have done for a player, who at that stage had potentially destroyed their own career?????????

Honoured the contractual obligation they had to Keogh and have now been proven to have breached perhaps?

Posted (edited)

Love the reporting on this one. Several outlets saying he was injured in a car accident. Accident is an interesting way of describing what actually happened that night. No ill feelings towards Keogh from me he's got a family to feed, he won't have many years left and gave his all on the pitch. Another mistake from those at the top of DCFC

Edited by DCFCJim87
20 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nobody even knows whether he is legally in the right. All we know is that the commission, or whatever they are, didn't believe that DCFC made a legal case for his sacking. Were his actions contemptible? Yes, in my opinion. Was there a case for his sacking? Probably. Did DCFC make that case? No.

That's not bum licking.

Just because you don't like someone or their actions doesn't make them guilty. 

I didn’t dislike him up until he’s actively gone out of his way to get £2m from us when we’re in the mud and we offered him reduced terms.

Should we have sacked all 3? Yes but unfortunately being morally right doesn’t help if you continue to lose matches and Lawrence would’ve no doubt been snapped up straight away. 

The club shouldn’t be punished for the players actions and as captain and a ‘professional’ Keogh’s behaviour is reptilian.

7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

“My love for Derby county will always be unconditional” ... until it comes to claiming every penny I am owed from them after I injured myself by being a stupid bamford

👏

As has been said, compare Curtis Davies behaviour to Keoghs. I know which behaviour is that of a captain and a leader!

6 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Honoured the contractual obligation they had to Keogh and have now been proven to have breached perhaps?

Proven to have been breached by whom?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I didn’t dislike him up until he’s actively gone out of his way to get £2m from us when we’re in the mud and we offered him reduced terms.

Should we have sacked all 3? Yes but unfortunately being morally right doesn’t help if you continue to lose matches and Lawrence would’ve no doubt been snapped up straight away. 

The club shouldn’t be punished for the players actions and as captain and a ‘professional’ Keogh’s behaviour is reptilian.

Absolutely that. Shocking and wrong that the "Appeal" has judged in his favour. The World is verily losing the plot. 

Edited by Ellafella
19 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Checked with an employment lawyer to make sure they were watertight?

It’s nothing to do with an employment lawyer it’s an EFL sub committee making decisions 

if it was an individual working in the club shop it’s a totally different situation - utter nonsense that a pampered footballer gets this much preferential treatment 

Any modicom of respect for Keogh has gone ...the bloke is an arse! Since when do all of your responsibilities go out of the window out of work time ?? 
I know people who’ve been sacked for comments on social media but our club captain can be involved in a drink driving incident and walk away with wages every week it’s an utter disgrace ...I wonder if the organisation I work for would pay me in full for 18 months if I break my leg on the piss!!! Joke ...just like Keogh !! 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

👏

As has been said, compare Curtis Davies behaviour to Keoghs. I know which behaviour is that of a captain and a leader!

For that comparison to have any meaning you'd have to put Davies in Keogh's position, and Keogh's in Davies's. The two situations are not remotely comparable but no-one was more committed than Keogh on the pitch. He'd have probably done the same thing Davies did. Would Davies have take the same course of action Keogh did in an equivalent situation? Probably. He'd certainly have been received similar advice from his agent, the PFA and his legal team.

How many people, when it came down to it, would voluntarily accept a massive wage reduction that, as has now been proven, was being imposed unfairly on them? I certainly wouldn't - would you?

7 years a scapegoat...

Edited by Red Ram
18 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

If he hadn’t messed his knee up and been out for months he would have been disciplined like the others. The fact he couldn’t play and wouldn’t accept a reduced contract whilst using the clubs facilities for his rehabilitation meant the club were without their captain, an asset (whole new meaning these days!!) through no fault of their own.

Looking back i think a big club fine would of been the way forward these players contracts these days are water tight and full payment for the entirety of his deal was inevitable

However with Keogh not accepting a reduced wage for time he was likely to out is taking the Michael some what, i would love to go to my boss and say i was pissed up in a car driven by someone over the limit and had a crash,please can i have my full wages but i cant come in to work sorry,i wonder how that would go down,P45 i reckon

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s nothing to do with an employment lawyer it’s an EFL sub committee making decisions 

if it was an individual working in the club shop it’s a totally different situation - utter nonsense that a pampered footballer gets this much preferential treatment 

Indeed it seems it needs clarifying.

This was an EFL decision, not a decision handed down from an employment law tribunal!