Worst roads

dog

Just driven up to Inverness on some very ill lit roads. Reminded me of the worst road I've been on, which was one of those hairpin winders in the canaries where I didn't know what was coming next.

What is your worst to drive on? Derbyshire/ UK/ overseas?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Coming out of Derby where the inner ring road meets the A52 at Pentagon Island. Cars having to cross over lanes at rush hour is chaos. Whoever came up with that layout needs to win a Darwin Award.  

Capture.JPG

Bravery not knob-Jockery!  Confidence not Cockiness!  That's what's needed there!

I enter lane 1 from around by that Cardinal Square (The big blue office block).  As it merges to 4 lanes, I look for those in lane 2 indicating to go over to lane 3 (for Notts).  I then hug their near side, and when they move over, I stay tight to them (indicating all the while, of course), and move myself over from Lane 1 to 2 (Aiming for Pentagon then Chad).  That way, I get "protection" against those cutting over from 3-2 at breakneck speed... or worse, the nobs that go around the outside, shoot across from 4 to 2, to avoid queuing further back!  

We go camping a fair bit, and often find ourselves on rural single tracks, both here and France.  Some adopted, some not even fostered!  

We've encountered pot-holes so deep and wide, that they would bring tears to @Owd miner's eyes!

Just glad we don't have one of those fancy-dan caravans on the back... it'd probably snap in two!  LOL!

There are some pretty ropey roads in Buxton especially when its snowing (which is all the time). Blind bends, steep hills, narrow roads - absolute nightmare driving around there.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

M6 northbound junction 16 to 21, think I've spent at least a week of my life on there.

I was on it for 7 hours once - they closed the road and we were just stuck there piddling our lives away. Missed a day of work though, so every cloud and all that.

I think it would be better for the motorway signs to just say when the M6 is actually open rather than when its closed, because it is always bloody closed.

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We go camping a fair bit, and often find ourselves on rural single tracks, both here and France.  Some adopted, some not even fostered!  

We've encountered pot-holes so deep and wide, that they would bring tears to @Owd miner's eyes!

Just glad we don't have one of those fancy-dan caravans on the back... it'd probably snap in two!  LOL!

5 minutes Turkish. 

22 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

5 minutes Turkish. 

Beats me, me owd sparrer!   

giphy.gif

Archived