Sam Cosgrove, gone to Brum.

Nuwtfly

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is our squad list:

GK - Roos, Hamer, Carson, Mitchell, Ravas
DEF - Bogle, Wisdom, Malone, Lowe, Buchanan, Davies, Clarke, Forsyth
MID - Bielik, Huddlestone, Rooney, Shinnie, Evans, Holmes, Thorne, Knight, Bird, Sibley
FWD - Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Anya, Waghorn, Marriott, Martin, Whittaker

Given Carson is out on loan and Thorne and Anya are permanently injured we have a squad of 28 with 7 of those pretty much still academy players. I can't imagine too many of the remaining 21 are on high wages either.

How would any exchange deals reduce the wage bill - you'd be getting someone of similar wage in for the player going out.

As things stand, we're set to lose a number of high earners anyway: Carson(?), Hamer, Davies, Clarke, Forsyth, Huddlestone, Thorne, Anya, Bennett, Martin

Hamer clarke Anya and bennett are high earners?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Has this guy actually got any real quality about him? Or is he just going through that purple patch that we seem to be oh so attracted to?

I think that is where these stat programs are flawed. DCFC seem to be using a lot of technology for their scouting rather than actually finding a player and watching him and seeing if hes any good or not. I could be completely wrong but I seem to remember talk of the technology being implemented a few seasons ago and since then we have done nothing but buy below average players in hot patches .

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

My friend from Scotland says he’s a bit of a lump who’s going through a spell in which the chances fall for him.

Just cos your mate’s a bit chunky doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve a bit of luck.

On 07/01/2020 at 18:10, Philspen said:

Hamer clarke Anya and bennett are high earners?

That was a list of all the players leaving in the summer (a number of which are high earners).
Anya is one of the top earners at the club. Clarke probably about on par with the likes of Forsyth. The other two are likely the lowest earners from the ones set to leave in the summer.

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My friend from Scotland says he’s a bit of a lump who’s going through a spell in which the chances fall for him.

Seen him a couple times on Sky, which is probably more than our scouting department. I'd give it a hard no. Your mates limited analysis is more likely to be correct than not on my viewing.

4 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Do we really need another striker? We’ve Martin, Marriott, waghorn, Rooney + Whittaker and Bennett if we get injuries. I’d rather see centre back and right wing options coming in tbh. Not sure where this guy would fit?

Rooney will mostly be used as a CM. Waghorn, Bennett and Whittaker have played mostly on the wing. That leaves us with Marriott and Martin (contract expires in the summer), so I could see us looking for another forward.

6 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Do we really need another striker? We’ve Martin, Marriott, waghorn, Rooney + Whittaker and Bennett if we get injuries. I’d rather see centre back and right wing options coming in tbh. Not sure where this guy would fit?

Yes, mason bennett... the player that spends all of his time injured. also the player whos scored 4 goals in 65 in the league.

Chris Martin will leave at the end of the season I think

Waggy n Marriott aren't exactly firing at the mo

Rooney don't play up top for us

Whittakers too inexperienced

So yes I think we need another striker.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Yes, mason bennett... the player that spends all of his time injured. also the player whos scored 4 goals in 65 in the league.

Chris Martin will leave at the end of the season I think

Waggy n Marriott aren't exactly firing at the mo

Rooney don't play up top for us

Whittakers too inexperienced

So yes I think we need another striker.

Valid points. Was referring to Bennett and Whittaker as options in an injury crisis. I’m still not convinced on this tbh though. Smacks of Chris Porter / Connor salmon to me

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rooney will mostly be used as a CM. Waghorn, Bennett and Whittaker have played mostly on the wing. That leaves us with Marriott and Martin (contract expires in the summer), so I could see us looking for another forward.

Granted, wouldn’t argue Rooney ideally will be play deeper. Bennett and Whittaker id have as emergency options. Waghorn I think is very capable front man who’s rather been shoe horned to the right wing due to our lack of right winger with some consistency (ie jozefzoon). As above, not convinceD this guy is any better than what we have. Another salmon or porter? Happy to proven wrong but I’ll not hold my breath

So far this season our front line have scored...

1. Waghorn 8
  2. Lawrence 5
  3. Martin 5
  4. Marriott 2

I know those figures are not helped by the midfield we've had to put out for most of the season but it's hardly likely to strike fear into the division.  It's not inconceivable that if Waghorn got a long term injury (god forbid) we'd be relying on three players who for various reasons this season have not been consistently available and/or patchy in terms of there contribution on the field.

Our forward line needs more of a threat going forward.  This may or may not be Cosgrove, but he ticks a lot of boxes in being young, relatively mobile, an aerial threat, and can score with either foot.  Also remember what a season under McInnes did for Max Lowe, who was at a similar age and stage in his development.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anyone watching St Mirren v Aberdeen on Sky Sports now? and working out why we don't need Sam Cosgrove, poor touch after poor touch, followed by poor passing after poor passing, and not getting shots on goal, he's maybe awaiting another late penalty decision.

Looks a real lump - watch him score the winner now

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anyone watching St Mirren v Aberdeen on Sky Sports now? and working out why we don't need Sam Cosgrove, poor touch after poor touch, followed by poor passing after poor passing, and not getting shots on goal, he's maybe awaiting another late penalty decision.

He’ll fit in well here then.

Archived