Sam Cosgrove, gone to Brum.

Nuwtfly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh eck he's no better than Waghorn, taller and less mobile, we'd be better off with the Oor Wullie Miller Bucket plonked up front or better still plonked at the back to sort out our defence. Why the continued interest in Aberdeen players?

Craig Bryson made 9 of the Aberdeen players look bang average on Sunday after Celtic had destroyed them in the first half.

image.jpg

47 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Got a record of a goal every other game in the SPL and in his last 17 games he's bagged 15 goals. Not bad considering he's not playing for one of the big two. 

I've got a load of records......and cd's and cassettes!

He couldn't get a shot off in god knows how many matches when he first came to the club and the fans moaned and groaned about him, then all of a sudden the goals came, but what records don't show you, is the type of chances he's scoring, and more importantly the amount of chances he's not scoring, the quality of the defences, the quality of the keepers, the amount of penalties, the quality of his touch (see the goal against Hibs) I know these goals are from last season. And he maybe going through another good phase but I don't think he's anything better than we currently have, so I personally think we should be looking for better than "Not bad".

29 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

He couldn't get a shot off in god knows how many matches when he first came to the club and the fans moaned and groaned about him, then all of a sudden the goals came, but what records don't show you, is the type of chances he's scoring, and more importantly the amount of chances he's not scoring, the quality of the defences, the quality of the keepers, the amount of penalties, the quality of his touch (see the goal against Hibs) I know these goals are from last season. And he maybe going through another good phase but I don't think he's anything better than we currently have, so I personally think we should be looking for better than "Not bad".

The number three looks a tidy player ?

15 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Keen on the Aberdeen forward, along with Middlesbrough, according to TeamTalk.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-Derby-chasing-aberdeen-hitman

I'd be shocked if we were actually after an out-and-out forward - We have Martin, Waggers and Marriott all not getting enough service already and each of them has shown that if you get the ball to them in the box they provide goals - We also have England's all time record goalscorer arriving in January and a whole load of youth players banging in goals

No point getting a forward when the problem we have is supplying our current forwards with chances

13 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Looks similar to Sam Winnall

As a finisher he looks bang average and way behind Martin and marriott. 

The only thing he would offer is a tiny bit more height and a little more bravery into headers. And that's clutching at straws. 

Hope this isn't true as if you discount the penalties and account for it being in the spl (the Connor sammon factor) his goalscoring stats aren't that amazing

On 28/10/2019 at 21:06, Inverurie Ram said:

Oh eck he's no better than Waghorn, taller and less mobile, we'd be better off with the Oor Wullie Miller Bucket plonked up front or better still plonked at the back to sort out our defence. Why the continued interest in Aberdeen players?

Craig Bryson made 9 of the Aberdeen players look bang average on Sunday after Celtic had destroyed them in the first half.

image.jpg

Och I bet these sassenachs dinnae ken who Oor Wullie es,

They havenae heerd of him doon here!*

*I've got two of his anniversary books along with his pals 'The Broons".

We English are not all Barbarians.

Can you export some more Scots like Dave Mackay, Archie Gemmill and John O'Hare to the Rams please, we promise to take guid care of them!

PS keep any like The Doc 100 miles away from us.

Watching that highlight video there's something to appreciate when a players first and only thought is to hit the ball towards goal. Our strikers we have at the moment want to place the ball all the time in the corners, whereas this Cosgrove looks like he just hits it and heads it as hard as he can and hopes it beats the keeper.

I think we could do with an option like this. 

3 hours ago, Shang said:

Watching that highlight video there's something to appreciate when a players first and only thought is to hit the ball towards goal. Our strikers we have at the moment want to place the ball all the time in the corners, whereas this Cosgrove looks like he just hits it and heads it as hard as he can and hopes it beats the keeper.

Bobby Charlton built his career on that and didn't do too badly!

12 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

As a finisher he looks bang average and way behind Martin and marriott. 

The only thing he would offer is a tiny bit more height and a little more bravery into headers. And that's clutching at straws. 

Hope this isn't true as if you discount the penalties and account for it being in the spl (the Connor sammon factor) his goalscoring stats aren't that amazing

If Jayden Stockley can get a start for the team 2nd in the table, Cosgrove could easily do a job for the 15th placed team. 

20 goals last season and 16 this season so far is better than bang average. He earns a lot of the penalties he scores from. 

Stats on a par with Morelos and Eduarde while playing for a more defensive team. 

17 hours ago, Shang said:

Marriott used to do that, and he used to hit it early, he doesn't seem to do that as much anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived