Did Cocu really want Bielik ?

jimtastic56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he didn't then who did? 

You can see he's got talent. He just has these moments where he's worse than the fella Mac loaned in. De Jong was it? Very inconsistent and he fades badly during games. As a DM he takes up better positions than Huddlestone, he presses better and he does track runners

He makes almost hilarious mistakes at random. 

As for players like Knight, Sibely and Whittaker, well, I can't see it getting any easier to get into the team. What's in front of them? Players that won't pass, turn up for a picnic or can't control a ball. I'd be asking Cocu for minutes

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If he didn't then who did? 

You can see he's got talent. He just has these moments where he's worse than the fella Mac loaned in. De Jong was it? Very inconsistent and he fades badly during games. As a DM he takes up better positions than Huddlestone, he presses better and he does track runners

He makes almost hilarious mistakes at random. 

As for players like Knight, Sibely and Whittaker, well, I can't see it getting any easier to get into the team. What's in front of them? Players that won't pass, turn up for a picnic or can't control a ball. I'd be asking Cocu for minutes

De Sart?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did Cocu really sign Beilik? Did he want him for a centre half because I don't think he can't head a ball. Did he want him to play midfield ? He doesn't get his head up at all. I would play Sibley through thick and thin and we may just have a Hughes on our hands.

I'm not sure it's relevant if he was a Cocu signing. It's quite possible he was on our radar before we even considered PhilCo as our next manager. He's our player now so what is important is how we manage him from here on in. It's no secret that the lad has aspirations to take his game to the next level. If I was him I would be making a beeline for Wazza when he arrives and hanging onto his every word. He would be a fool not to if he is serious about going right to the top.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Did Cocu really sign Beilik? Did he want him for a centre half because I don't think he can't head a ball. Did he want him to play midfield ? He doesn't get his head up at all. I would play Sibley through thick and thin and we may just have a Hughes on our hands.

Let's start on headers;

Stoke - played 45 mins, won 4 headers, only Keogh won more with 5

Bristol City - won 5 headers, only Keogh won more with 10 (!)

WBA - won 4 headers only Ajayi won more with 5

Brentford - won 0 headers, Keogh won the most for us 4, Jansson the most on the pitch with 5

Cardiff - won 13 headers, more than anyone else on the pitch

Leeds - won 2 headers, only Waghorn had more with 4 (5 other players also won 2)

Birmingham - won 4, Davies top with 11, Jutkiewicz had 7, then Gardener with 5

Barnsley - won 4, Halme top with 5

Luton - won 2, only Davies and Pearson won more both with 4

Charlton - won 0, Davies top with 8

Wigan - won 5, only Davies won more with 9

Hull - won 3, only Clarke won more with 4

Sibley comparison to Hughes? they play nothing alike, would you even be linking the 2 players if they weren't both blonde?

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

So you're saying he can head a ball?  Yes?  

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Let's start on headers;

Stoke - played 45 mins, won 4 headers, only Keogh won more with 5

Bristol City - won 5 headers, only Keogh won more with 10 (!)

WBA - won 4 headers only Ajayi won more with 5

Brentford - won 0 headers, Keogh won the most for us 4, Jansson the most on the pitch with 5

Cardiff - won 13 headers, more than anyone else on the pitch

Leeds - won 2 headers, only Waghorn had more with 4 (5 other players also won 2)

Birmingham - won 4, Davies top with 11, Jutkiewicz had 7, then Gardener with 5

Barnsley - won 4, Halme top with 5

Luton - won 2, only Davies and Pearson won more both with 4

Charlton - won 0, Davies top with 8

Wigan - won 5, only Davies won more with 9

Hull - won 3, only Clarke won more with 4

Sibley comparison to Hughes? they play nothing alike, would you even be linking the 2 players if they weren't both blonde?

I like Sibley a lot. He has ability by the bucket load and the same when it comes to guts and fire. Which we lack and need.
My problem with Sibley is on the 2 occasions I’ve seen him play (and a handful of video highlights ) is that he is wild, very wild. He needs good management otherwise I guarantee he’ll be lucky to stay on the pitch in a competitive game. 

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not seen that before... I like it!

Mon Dieu... If it's a play on "Sergeant Bilko", and you are hinting at buffoonery, then you are a very, very bad man!  ?

Far from hinting at buffoonery although some performances have bordered on that. He strikes me as an intelligent man but does need a sergeant style figure out there on the pitch to get his message across.

Archived