The Kelle Roos Prayer?

DazaDunn

Hi guys, 

totally random but before every game, Kelle Roos turns towards the fans, puts his arms out to his side and does something with his fingers, holds for a few seconds and then turns to face the game....

Any idea what he does and why he does it? Is it a prayer of some form? 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DazaDunn said:

Hi guys, 

totally random but before every game, Kelle Roos turns towards the fans, puts his arms out to his side and does something with his fingers, holds for a few seconds and then turns to face the game....

Any idea what he does and why he does it? Is it a prayer of some form? 

Sorting out his position in relation to the goalposts I think.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because we loaned our best goalkeeper to Manchester City?

Interesting how Carson's stock has risen just because he isn't here. He was crap last year, why everyone keeps questioning loaning out Carson is beyond me. He had a rubbish last year and was dropped for performing worse than Roos, 2017 Carson is gone. 

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Everything is wonderful
Pride Park is heavenly
Every single shot he saves
When their centre-forward is free 
He used to be so careless
As if he couldn't care less
Did he have to make mistakes when it was Kelle's prayer?

Danny Wilson? Is it the same Danny Wilson who played for chesterfield?

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Everything is wonderful
Pride Park is heavenly
Every single shot he saves
When their centre-forward is free 
He used to be so careless
As if he couldn't care less
Did he have to make mistakes when it was Kelle's prayer?

Gary Barlow will need to up his game....... a million punched clearances later. 

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Interesting how Carson's stock has risen just because he isn't here. He was crap last year, why everyone keeps questioning loaning out Carson is beyond me. He had a rubbish last year and was dropped for performing worse than Roos, 2017 Carson is gone. 

1) The “crap” version of Carson last year was better than current #1 keeper.

2) If Roos is being coached to punch and parry instead of catching then he needs to get bloody well better at doing it..,....

Thy cross, which art in heaven,

come into my arms,

thy rebound come,

thy punch will be done,

for shots as it is on crosses,

give us this day our off target opposition,

forgive us our screw ups,

as we laugh at those who bamford against us,

thyn is the keeper,

the power and the glory,

forever and ever,

oh bother that strikers closer than i thought he was better kick this............

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

1) The “crap” version of Carson last year was better than current #1 keeper.

2) If Roos is being coached to punch and parry instead of catching then he needs to get bloody well better at doing it..,....

No, he wasn't. That's why Lampard dropped him. Because he was playing rubbish and was a liability in net. Roos having a ropey season doesn't rewrite how badly Carson was playing the last few times we saw him in a Derby shirt. You clearly are looking at it under a lens of recency bias.

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me Carson wasn't dropped. He was injured and was unable to win his place back. Mostly due to perceived abilty at passing out from the back.

Thats a fallacy.

Roos is extremely good as a shot stopper. As an all round keeper he is dreadful to the nth degree.

We had Brad Jones on loan from Liverpool and Nige bought Flappy Frank from Blackburn. Both were poo but no where near as bad as Roos.

He's a truly awful keeper. A liabilty.

If you can't see it. I pity you

Carson was bad last season: 40 goals conceded in 30 games with only 5 clean sheets in the Championship. Roos in comparison last season conceded 14 goals in 16 games and had 6 clean sheets. I will put special emphasis on the Bristol City away performance, which was huge in getting us over the line. I think he made 11 saves or something and had a clean sheet. 

Not as good this season: 18 goals conceded in 13 games, with 3 clean sheets. It's similar to what Carson had last season, although this isn't surprising considering the fans are on his back. I've seen fans willing injury on him, openly mocking him and then moaning when he doesn't have the confidence to claim a high ball with bodies all around him? 

Roos is a decent enough keeper, although his career at Derby was over after Wembley. He was never going to come back from that considering what Keogh went through. I think the problem for Cocu, Given...etc, is that they see Roos has the ability to be a good keeper for the club, which is why they were set on him being number one this season and let Carson go, but the fans aren't letting up on him and his confidence has tanked. It's led to him falling off from the performance levels from last season. I tell you that a keeper conceding less than a goal a game would be very handy now considering we've got issues creating chances. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because we loaned our best goalkeeper to Manchester City?

Our best goalkeeper who lets in pea-rollers because his back is too ducked to get down to low shots, only ever comes off his line when he's 100% certain to catch the ball (I don't actually think that's a bad thing, it just isn't the sign of the commanding keeper he's been made out to be by some people since he left) , was part of a team who let in just as many if not more goals from set pieces and crosses last season than we're on course for this season, a keeper who's kicking had deteriorated to the point that it had become a liability,  one who's move away from the club is effectively retiring himself from active duty on order to solely be used as an 'experienced head' and to pass on his knowledge to younger keepers knowing he'll never be called upon to prove his abilities in a proper match.

Our best goalkeeper who was statistically the worst keeper in the division at the time he was removed from the team.

1 hour ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

We had Brad Jones on loan from Liverpool and Nige bought Flappy Frank from Blackburn. Both were poo but no where near as bad as Roos.

He's a truly awful keeper. A liabilty.

If you can't see it. I pity you

Brad Jones was much, much worse and had a nasty habit of fumbling the ball 8/10 times he tried to catch it, dropping it at the feet of opposition strikers, his handling was absurdly awful even with horrible personal circumstances permitting.

8 hours ago, superzak said:

If they pull on a Derby shirt im willing to back them...Roos is awful i cant see how he ever gets in the team...thats the best backing for him i can muster sorry

Maybe so but, We would not have won the other night if it weren't for some very fine saves from Roos

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Carson was bad last season: 40 goals conceded in 30 games with only 5 clean sheets in the Championship. Roos in comparison last season conceded 14 goals in 16 games and had 6 clean sheets. I will put special emphasis on the Bristol City away performance, which was huge in getting us over the line. I think he made 11 saves or something and had a clean sheet. 

Not as good this season: 18 goals conceded in 13 games, with 3 clean sheets. It's similar to what Carson had last season, although this isn't surprising considering the fans are on his back. I've seen fans willing injury on him, openly mocking him and then moaning when he doesn't have the confidence to claim a high ball with bodies all around him? 

Roos is a decent enough keeper, although his career at Derby was over after Wembley. He was never going to come back from that considering what Keogh went through. I think the problem for Cocu, Given...etc, is that they see Roos has the ability to be a good keeper for the club, which is why they were set on him being number one this season and let Carson go, but the fans aren't letting up on him and his confidence has tanked. It's led to him falling off from the performance levels from last season. I tell you that a keeper conceding less than a goal a game would be very handy now considering we've got issues creating chances. 

As a team, we’re giving away a lot more shots than last season, resulting in more goals going in. Fortunately, Roos has also improved and has made 26% more saves per game too. There aren’t many better than Roos in this league. 

Archived