Hull City (A) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Clarke with the worst mistake of the night and it should be 3-0.

This is so annoying. 

I'm also predicting that because for 75 minutes we were alright Cocu is going to be pretty upbeat, if disappointed, in his post match interview and get shredded for it.

I'm not happy that our midfield wasn't sorted out on the hour mark. Bielik became a complete liability and Dowell also began casually strolling about as he does whenever he plays. Dowell is an absolute fanny of a player. I bet he's on Everton's books based on youth football where he isn't roughed up and he can look pretty. 

Lawrence was also losing momentum and by the time Hull scored he too had become a hindrance

With 3 players becoming pointless it started to leave Martin with too much to do and took him out the game. 

Cocu then goes on to take Shinnie off instead of Bielik who by now is a complete donkey. 

The first half was pretty good

The second half our midfield shrunk. And Cocu didn't seem to notice. 

I think we have played reasonably well today, well, in comparison with the last two games. 

The issue for me is the complete lack of pace in our two centre backs, this a serious weakness. They cannot push up and leave space behind, but when our midfield push up, the gap between them opens up. Hull have exploited this well in the second half and is the main reason we lost. 

Our final ball is also abysmal, which prevent us from getting a couple today.

10 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

I thought Bielik was quality first half, second half he's been really poor. Must be knackered.

Isn't this the guy who is giving us two seasons to match his premier league ambition or he's off.  Do your job in this league first and play for the shirt your getting paid to perform in .  Can't be arsed with these prima donnas anymore.

Missed most of the second half but eventually we succumbed. 

Same old, same old.

lack of quality. Bielik looks clumsy.  Locked into a rigid straight-jacket of a formation.

strange subs again. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Isn't this the guy who is giving us two seasons to match his premier league ambition or he's off.  Do your job in this league first and play for the shirt your getting paid to perform in .  Can't be arsed with these prima donnas anymore.

I'm not sure where you've got your info from, never heard him say that. If he's got ambition then fair play to him. I've never got the impression he's a 'prima donna', he certainly doesn't lack effort. Maybe something he needs to work on is his fitness, because he was everywhere first half and nowhere second.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm not happy that our midfield wasn't sorted out on the hour mark. Bielik became a complete liability and Dowell also began casually strolling about as he does whenever he plays. Dowell is an absolute fanny of a player. I bet he's on Everton's books based on youth football where he isn't roughed up and he can look pretty. 

Lawrence was also losing momentum and by the time Hull scored he too had become a hindrance

With 3 players becoming pointless it started to leave Martin with too much to do and took him out the game. 

Cocu then goes on to take Shinnie off instead of Bielik who by now is a complete donkey. 

The first half was pretty good

The second half our midfield shrunk. And Cocu didn't seem to notice. 

Shinnie was poor in the second half too, though.

Max Bird was our only sub capable of playing in central midfield other than Dowell (awful in the second half), Holmes (poor in the second half) and Bielik (poor in the second half). Not sure he'd have solved anything. 

If Cocu had the choice, he'd probably undo the Whittaker sub. We hadn't really made any mistakes in the half at all when Whittaker came on, then all of a sudden we looked like our defense was playing on an ice rink. That wasn't the fault of the change; but it made the change a poor one.

Clark, Bielik, Davis, Holmes, Lowe - none of them anywhere near good enough today.

Plus we have a GK who's afraid to catch the ball and of course, a manager who doesn't know his best team or combination.

Good thing we won the rugby - because this was just dire.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

AND Hull Train station has a gas leak. Derby fans who travelled by train are being advised by the police to stay in the stadium after the final whistle and await an update.

Police twitter account now says the station is open as usual.

(just in case some nutjob was looking at this thread for updates on that situation ? )

This is so obvious of a manager who doesn't know this league given time I'm sure he could possibly turn this around but someone like Hughton would get more out of this squad. Cocu was bought in for the academy but is still choosing players like Cowell and Holmes give sibley and knight a go 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Abso ducking lutely 

Couldn’t agree more 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Poor team selection, poor tactics, poor substitution. Manager to blame (again) this is sooooo poor

The selected team was the better team for 75 minutes though? 

I get we all want Marriott to be playing; but lets imagine all this noise about his fitness is justified and then I ask, what changes would you have wanted? 

We're pretty light in the department of competent players, it seems.

I’ll forgive defensive lapses all day long as long as we are scoring goals. Listening to the radio today we just didn’t sound dangerous at the right end of the pitch. 
I was Hoping Rooney would be the catalyst to a promotion challenge .. looks like it might be the other end of the table that we need to look at. 

bit dispirited right now. 

4 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

I'm not sure where you've got your info from, never heard him say that. If he's got ambition then fair play to him. I've never got the impression he's a 'prima donna', he certainly doesn't lack effort. Maybe something he needs to work on is his fitness, because he was everywhere first half and nowhere second.

He basically said it in an interview, might have been lost in translation his end but that’s how it came across 

Archived