1-7

SKRam

Horrible reminder last night from Southend, THAT score line from their defeat to Doncaster, all be it with nine men. You’d better crack on Sol! 
Just watched the mauling Liverpool gave us at BBG that day. I was there and it’s the biggest defeat I’ve seen us suffer. We equalised too! Whilst it’s not the ideal topic to lift the spirits, wonder what’s the worst defeat everyone has witnessed first hand? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That 4-0 first half against Aston Villa has to be up there from last season... thank goodness it didn’t get any worse second half, but for 45 minutes of football, that was painful viewing

In recent times for sure. We were bracing ourselves for a serious pounding. Which it was anyway! 

2 hours ago, Squid said:

was good to see ex ram Kwame Thomas getting a brace against them too..

Found that surprising myself, considering the last I heard of him was him lifting weights at Heanor Leisure Centre!

That group of academy products didn’t do too badly. Lowe and Bennett still with us, Hughes at Watford, Rawson at FGR, Hanson at Oxford, Zanzala at Accrington Stanley, Callum Guy at Blackpool and now Thomas at Donny.

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

In recent times for sure. We were bracing ourselves for a serious pounding. Which it was anyway! 

Yep, was probably the worst half of football that I’ve witnessed (my memories of the prem season, thankfully, aren’t clear enough!). Been worse games as a whole, but that was such a horrendous 45 minute hammering, was painful stood there watching.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep, was probably the worst half of football that I’ve witnessed (my memories of the prem season, thankfully, aren’t clear enough!). Been worse games as a whole, but that was such a horrendous 45 minute hammering, was painful stood there watching.

I rarely go now, work commitments primarily. That 1-7 our spine was Shilton Wright and Saunders. At least Ted won us the pen. Recall a 0-4 at BBG to Wolves. Some days you just have to write off!! 

8 hours ago, SKRam said:

Horrible reminder last night from Southend, THAT score line from their defeat to Doncaster, all be it with nine men. You’d better crack on Sol! 
Just watched the mauling Liverpool gave us at BBG that day. I was there and it’s the biggest defeat I’ve seen us suffer. We equalised too! Whilst it’s not the ideal topic to lift the spirits, wonder what’s the worst defeat everyone has witnessed first hand? 

Yeah, but it was only a bread & butter game.   At least we've never lost a meaningful game by that margin, like a cup final or summat!

Let's all laugh at Watfo... Oh... wait!

I recall the first game of the 80/81 season, after relegation. 
Away to Cambridge, and us lot proudly wearing our bright yellow tee shirts announcing we'd bounce straight back up!

We lost 3-0... and had our mini-bus tipped over (when parked up empty, thankfully!... and we never did get back in '81!  

My first experience of being on the wrong end of a giant-killing was pretty dismal too... when still in the top flight (Late 70's), we eventually (after numerous postponements) lost to 3rd div. Preston, on what was undoubtedly the coldest football game on record.  It was the most miserable footy evening of my "career", and I still have recurring nightmares to this day... in fact, I'm not convinced I have ever warmed up again since!

9 hours ago, SKRam said:

That ian rush penalty was a joke - might have changed the whole game. Or maybe not . Sure I remember a league cup game where we got 7 against Southend.

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

I rarely go now, work commitments primarily. That 1-7 our spine was Shilton Wright and Saunders. At least Ted won us the pen. Recall a 0-4 at BBG to Wolves. Some days you just have to write off!! 

That was Sunday afternoon. Steve Bull got three I think . Mullered Short with a forearm for the first and he didn't want to know afterwards.

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Was going to mention that Wolves game but you've saved me the full horror of having to recall the the sound of the ball hitting net and the sound of the Wolves supporters as I sat in the Ossie end with my head in my hands. Was on the telly too as I recall, so lots of others could see it too.

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Was going to mention that Wolves game but you've saved me the full horror of having to recall the the sound of the ball hitting net and the sound of the Wolves supporters as I sat in the Ossie end with my head in my hands. Was on the telly too as I recall, so lots of others could see it too.

Was it on tv, can’t remember, but the ground reverberating to Wolves fans yeah not pleasant!  Remember it dark at final whistle so guessing winter, was a dark day all round that one 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Sunday afternoon, think it was live on SKY and we're 4-0 down at home to Leicester after just 15 minutes. Horrible!

Recently met Emile Heskey and in jest called him 'Leicester reject' and he said, with a big grin, that he remembers being rejected not long after he got 2 in that game.

Archived