Rowett sssssssslips in at Millwall

hintonsboots

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nottingram said:

My only real bone of contention with him is freezing out Hughes and selling him to fund Dad’s Army then clearing off when he had to sort out his mess. Although when I type that it is quite a large bone of contention.

I don’t think the football was particularly bad. We had a habit of winning games 3-0 away from home as I recall (I haven’t checked but off the top of my head at least Barnsley and Birmingham). He just struggled to adapt but all in all he did an okay job, I would wager that we played better in a higher proportion of games than we did under Lampard.

and boro......and we hardly ever do anything there. Can't take that away from him,

I even saw a 3-3 thriller at Reading.....?

He'll be learning the club song..."nobody likesssss ussss, and we don't care"

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ how do these lot off the managerial merry go round keep getting jobs at this level... millwall is a perfect fit mind, detestable club with a detestable bloke in charge. Hope they like defending, mind our current managers mentality in that respect is very similar.

In fairness to Rowett much like King Billy he does fairly well wherever he goes. 2 playoff campaigns with Burton, completely turned Birmingham around and another playoff campaign with us. Stoke was a failure, but they are a basket case of a club. Whilst I didnt like his style of play he has been successful at this level.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In fairness to Rowett much like King Billy he does fairly well wherever he goes. 2 playoff campaigns with Burton, completely turned Birmingham around and another playoff campaign with us. Stoke was a failure, but they are a basket case of a club. Whilst I didnt like his style of play he has been successful at this level.

Maybe ,but he's a twin hulled triple masted ocean going nob.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

He does but christ he’s a knob?

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Tbh i don't see the point of maintaining the negativity and ill feeling. 

We didn,t want him. Stoke turned out badly. I suspect he probably regrets his decision to leave.

Let bygones be bygones.

as others have said, the appointment looks a good fit, and anyway, we've got our own problems to worry about. 

My thoughts exactly. We’ve all had our fun. He definitely deserved a bit of a piss take. But it’s water under the bridge now. I’ve got considerably more beef with billy and Pearson, that’s for sure. 

Millwall v Stoke - now theres a fixture to warm the cockles and with the Rowett factor it could be absolutely tepid.

El insignifico

5 year old re runs of Homes under the hammer has more appeal.

The fact that Rowett didn't rate Will Hughes makes him a

On 22/10/2019 at 15:52, King Kevin said:

twin hulled triple masted ocean going nob.

as so eloquently said by the above poster.

Archived