Rowett sssssssslips in at Millwall

hintonsboots

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Seems good person-job and person-organisation fit to me.

Aye, I thought the same. He's definitely a man who doesn't excel with money to spend, but he can turn footballers into their most basic form and grind out wins. Money at Stoke seemed to change his approach and it wasn't good for him. Millwall is more his level and I'm sure that he'll get them competitive. 

Tbh i don't see the point of maintaining the negativity and ill feeling. 

We didn,t want him. Stoke turned out badly. I suspect he probably regrets his decision to leave.

Let bygones be bygones.

as others have said, the appointment looks a good fit, and anyway, we've got our own problems to worry about. 

My only real bone of contention with him is freezing out Hughes and selling him to fund Dad’s Army then clearing off when he had to sort out his mess. Although when I type that it is quite a large bone of contention.

I don’t think the football was particularly bad. We had a habit of winning games 3-0 away from home as I recall (I haven’t checked but off the top of my head at least Barnsley and Birmingham). He just struggled to adapt but all in all he did an okay job, I would wager that we played better in a higher proportion of games than we did under Lampard.

Just now, nottingram said:

My only real bone of contention with him is freezing out Hughes and selling him to fund Dad’s Army then clearing off when he had to sort out his mess. Although when I type that it is quite a large bone of contention.

I don’t think the football was particularly bad. We had a habit of winning games 3-0 away from home as I recall (I haven’t checked but off the top of my head at least Barnsley and Birmingham). He just struggled to adapt but all in all he did an okay job, I would wager that we played better in a higher proportion of games than we did under Lampard.

Even as I have typed that I have remembered him adapting to the 3-4-3 which turned the season around

Archived