It's a small world - DCFC connections

angieram

I found this old England Under 21 International programme  v Spain, played at Pride Park in February 2007. 

If you look at the squad, there are 6 players I know of who have gone on to have DCFC connections (in Tom's case, a second connection!)

• Scott Carson (Charlton)
  • Curtis Davies (WBA)
  • Liam Rosenior (Fulham)
  • Tom Huddlestone (Spurs)
  • Cameron Jerome (Birmingham City)
  • David Nugent (Preston NE)

It just made me think what a small world senior football is. 

I've scanned in two of the feature interviews - a returning but still very youthful Tom Huddlestone and a much older looking David Nugent, despite being only 21 at the time!  Two more Derby links in his article, with his talent being nurtured first by Billy Davies and then by Paul Simpson.

England coaches that day? Stuart Pearce (who we all know loves the Rams!) assisted by Nigel Pearson! (Boo!!)

Two questions: 

What are your unexpected DCFC connections?

Why don't we get any Under 21 internationals at Pride Park these days?

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Tom 1.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

I found this old England Under 21 International programme  v Spain, played at Pride Park in February 2007. 

If you look at the squad, there are 6 players I know of who have gone on to have DCFC connections (in Tom's case, a second connection!)

• Scott Carson (Charlton)
  • Curtis Davies (WBA)
  • Liam Rosenior (Fulham)
  • Tom Huddlestone (Spurs)
  • Cameron Jerome (Birmingham City)
  • David Nugent (Preston NE)

It just made me think what a small world senior football is. 

I've scanned in two of the feature interviews - a returning but still very youthful Tom Huddlestone and a much older looking David Nugent, despite being only 21 at the time!  Two more Derby links in his article, with his talent being nurtured first by Billy Davies and then by Paul Simpson.

England coaches that day? Stuart Pearce (who we all know loves the Rams!) assisted by Nigel Pearson! (Boo!!)

Two questions: 

What are your unexpected DCFC connections?

Why don't we get any Under 21 internationals at Pride Park these days?

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Tom 1.jpg

There is another Derby connection to that game in a round about way. The fourth official for that game (Lee Mason) also refereed our play-off final versus QPR. 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

I led the team out that day

The safety guy told us that the players would run out and then we follow so I just stood there like a nob whilst Nigel Reo-Coker beckoned me to chase after him 

Sounds like grooming to me.

Archived