Oli McBurnie charged with drink driving

David

Shocked to see another imbecile do this so soon. Also shocked that Leeds and forest fans seemingly don’t have the same moral outrage as when our players did it. Funny that. Personally I think that if you give idiots lots of money they become idiots with lots of money and this kind of thing is the result. Thankfully he isn’t friends with Keogh.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Shocked to see another imbecile do this so soon. Also shocked that Leeds and forest fans seemingly don’t have the same moral outrage as when our players did it. Funny that. Personally I think that if you give idiots lots of money they become idiots with lots of money and this kind of thing is the result. Thankfully he isn’t friends with Keogh.

Now that would have been a story, if he had done his other knee ?

18 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm guessing there wouldn't have too many boos for Lawrence or Bennett either if we had been beating Arsenal when he came on.

Probably more down to McBurnie only being at the club for a few months, hasn’t had time to generate any real hatred for himself.

When I say this, I don’t mean every single fan, but I believe “some” of the outrage at Derby may have been more intense as they don’t like the pair on the pitch and this was a great chance to remove them.

Had this been Marriott and Waghorn for example I would still expect some level of disgust, not wanting them back in the team immediately, but not the vitriol both Lawrence and Bennett who let’s be honest, are not popular players received. 

Beating Arsenal at home I don’t see it being significant, I’m sure had it been a player a large number of Blades fans didn’t like, you would have heard a few boo’s last night. 

Also worth baring in mind McBurnie was pulled over, he didn’t crash which resulted in injuring the captain for 15 months.

Drink driving is drink driving, whether you crash or not, it’s terrible decision for anyone regardless of your job and how much you earn a week. The incident at Derby will be seen much worse due to the crash, although it remains to be seen if he had more to drink than Lawrence or Bennett.

It’s been interesting watching the reaction yesterday, wasn’t given anywhere near the same level of publicity despite being a £20m Premier League Footballer, part of me has already found him guilty of being more of an idiot regardless of what comes out in court as he’s been caught just days after a high profile court case where you can see what could happen, you would have hoped what happened at Derby made these rich young men think twice, but clearly not, McBurnie keeping that “footballers are thick” stereotype going strong.

I for one never booed either also never will, I also welcomed the call to bring them back into the squad after one just one game.

But flick me, let’s get some perspective here, our two idiots were on a club bonding session, filmed throwing up in the toilet before getting into a car drunk, before preceding to leave two teammates of which one was seriously injured at the scene of a crime.

Had the sheff united player done that, then maybe we would be justified getting on our high horse and saying their fans are better than ours. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Trial in March. Not sure why his is half a year after the incident, when Lawrence and Bennett’s was a just weeks.

Couple of possible reasons at a guess, maybe because he didn’t cause an accident? Or it could be because Lawrence and bennett had the fleeing the scene of a crime charge on top perhaps.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Trial in March. Not sure why his is half a year after the incident, when Lawrence and Bennett’s was a just weeks.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Couple of possible reasons at a guess, maybe because he didn’t cause an accident? Or it could be because Lawrence and bennett had the fleeing the scene of a crime charge on top perhaps.

I would think its just down to different authorities and nothing more.

Archived