Morris turns down 50m for Derby

Dcfcsr92

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cornwall's nice enough, camped there most years with the kids when they were very little, used to take 4 hours from Sussex.

Stopped going when it pissed down the whole week and realised i could camp in southern France for 10 days for the same money.

Pretty much guaranteed sunshine if you can stomach the 8-10 hour drive.

This year, 7 hour drive to Colmar with Freiburg and Basle thrown in, a drive through the Black Forest to Triberg for a cuckoo clock, Electricity and a Fridge onsite for 400 euros for 10 days.

Overnight ferry and cabin from Newhaven return for about 140, plus 100 quid each way on petrol/tolls.

Much better value and way more interesting. 

Only reason to go down the south west for me now is the donkey sanctuary at Sidmouth.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

So are we assuming business is going on and we are just waiting for the dust to settle and attention to move on from Bennett/Lawrence so we can announce a 'good news' story?

If I was an investor, I’d want to make sure that my money wasn’t impacted by any ongoing investigations. For me therefore, I’d be waiting until after the outcome of the EFL one. 

I know we have released a statement saying nothing to see here, but if your putting in 60 million quid, it may be worth holding fire just to make sure.

On 19/10/2019 at 07:17, Chester40 said:

So are we assuming business is going on and we are just waiting for the dust to settle and attention to move on from Bennett/Lawrence so we can announce a 'good news' story?

I reckon the ‘good news’ story was meant to be the one that fell through because we reportedly moved the goal posts in the final hour and asked for more money.

Archived