Morris turns down 50m for Derby

Dcfcsr92

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Everyone thinks of Cornwall as coasts and farms. But north Cornwall towns like Redruth and Camborne are basically old mining towns with plenty of terraced houses?

and some ooo-arrrs 

I spent most of my childhood holidays down there and always thought they were South Cornwall. The old tin mines on the coasts are picturesque but as you say, some of the towns can be a bit ropey now there's no mines to go down!

3 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

I spent most of my childhood holidays down there and always thought they were South Cornwall. The old tin mines on the coasts are picturesque but as you say, some of the towns can be a bit ropey now there's no mines to go down!

Cornwall is the 2nd poorest region in whole of Northern Europe.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-second-poorest-region-northern-1977843

You wouldn't think it, given how it's portrayed in the media. But step outside the picturesque fishing harbours with their antiques shops and arts & crafts stalls, and you might as well be in Clay Cross,

Average income in Cornwall is just £14,300 a year. ?

3 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

The old mines themselves are quite picturesque with those stone buildings that contained the winding gear etc

and we shouldn’t forget the Cornish mining industry was the birthplace of the pasty I think so kudos there.

cornwall is an odd shape - long and tapered - that points south so the mining bit is towards the south western tip but the bigger mining town’s Are towards the northern coast of the southernmost tip (if that makes sense).......

I love it down there.....mousehole, helston etc are our faves. And the seals at gweek ?

25 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Cornwall is the 2nd poorest region in whole of Northern Europe.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-second-poorest-region-northern-1977843

You wouldn't think it, given how it's portrayed in the media. But step outside the picturesque fishing harbours with their antiques shops and arts & crafts stalls, and you might as well be in Clay Cross,

Average income in Cornwall is just £14,300 a year. ?

I bloody love cornwall, been down every year of my life... never gets old. 

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/inside-penzances-notorious-treneere-council-3427206

My sister lives down there apart from a few places its rough...you dont go into Redruth at night lol

I worked there for 4 months in 2002- it is .  Plus they sat me next to Leeds fan who was a tool of the highest order.  Nice view out the window though. 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I worked there for 4 months in 2002- it is .  Plus they sat me next to Leeds fan who was a tool of the highest order.  Nice view out the window though. 

4 months sat next to a Leeds fan?

Were you able to gather information that might help the forums psychoanalysis community in the quest to understand what makes the way they are?

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

4 months sat next to a Leeds fan?

Were you able to gather information that might help the forums psychoanalysis community in the quest to understand what makes the way they are?

He was a very strange fella. Every time he said the word Derby he used to pretend to spit in a bin. He also closely resembled Frodo Baggins .  Leeds don't have any rivalry with Derby you know, we're just hanging on the coat tails of a giant who didn't exist till the 1920's and relied on a loan from Huddersfield to stay afloat. lol

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was a very strange fella. Every time he said the word Derby he used to pretend to spit in a bin. He also closely resembled Frodo Baggins .  Leeds don't have any rivalry with Derby you know, we're just hanging on the coat tails of a giant who didn't exist till the 1920's and relied on a loan from Huddersfield to stay afloat. lol

Its funny how frequently and how vehemently Leeds fans protest there's no rivalry and they don't care about Derby County.

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

How can they afford the drugs?

"Some people are just really vulnerable and even if they are taking drugs, why? Why are they drinking, why are they taking drugs? When is the mental health system going to stand up and take responsibility for people?"

And there lies the problem although this family seems to be  one of the better ones ,it's not someone else's responsibility it's your own fecking responsibility not let everyone else pay for your lack self discipline.

21 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Everyone thinks of Cornwall as coasts and farms. But north Cornwall towns like Redruth and Camborne are basically old mining towns with plenty of terraced houses?

and some ooo-arrrs 

Not north Cornwall.....grew up in Cornwall and still love the county....

On 14/10/2019 at 01:40, Squid said:

Well, the PSG owners are still interested in Leeds, if only we could some how persuade them... 

At the week end on French TV, the chairman of OGC Nice (Ligue 1 club) was a guest following the recent takeover of the club by Jim Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe is Britains 3rd richest man based and owner of Ineos (petrochemical conglomerate). The chairman was asked how did it happen ?

He said he'd heard that Ratcliffe was keen on sports, he owns the Ineos cycling team, financed the sub 2 hour marathon this week-end and had also tried to buy Chelsea in the past for a mere 2.5B squid.  The chairman contacted Ratcliffe, heard nothing for a few weeks and one day email turned up saying he 'd like to buy the club. Simple as that. 

May be local lad David Brailsford could get Ratcliffe's email adress to help out Mel...

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Bring on Cexit!

No longer will Cornwall be held back by those unspeakable hoards of Devon!

Yes the Cornish are serious about it. They will probably join Scotland and Wales opting for independence. Cornwall could become 30th member state of Europe. Mass export of Pasties to the English ?

Archived