Morris turns down 50m for Derby

Dcfcsr92

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You start to get the feeling this was always the plan. The sale of the ground to his company ensures we don't end up in a Coventry Cituation (now, that was good...). But he has been quite open that he doesn't have the funds to mount a serious attempt to stay in the Prem. That said, he isn't here for the money (re: Lamps and Jody's comments about him in his leaving statement) so you wonder if he hasn't realised that, once he has protected the club from the risk of asset strippng, the best thing to do might be for him to step aside.

It's a very good point you make re the asset stripping protection by (taking the major asset, the ground, out of any deal). It doesn't of course protect the club from being poorly run by incompetent owners. We've had more than our share of those types. 

2 hours ago, europia said:

It's a very good point you make re the asset stripping protection by (taking the major asset, the ground, out of any deal). It doesn't of course protect the club from being poorly run by incompetent owners. We've had more than our share of those types. 

Of course Mel owning the ground doesn't stop a new owner moving the franchise to a different city?

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

Factually correct. However where would we be without the investment? It takes a looooooooooot of money to stand still in football!

We went backwards though. We spent £25,000,000 and increased the wage bill by £10,000,000 and made the team worse.

Appointing Pearson wrote a whole season off. Appointing McClaren to then hire Rowett cost us the best part of £10,000,000 from the Martin affair, for a player that didn’t do anything for two years. 

No doubting his business acumen and what he’s done for our infrastructure but he’s not great at the footbally bits. We’ve straight up wasted tens of millions. 

8 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

On paper, the most valuable asset is the ground. In reality, it’s the fans. And I think Mel is acutely aware of this.

He’d be lucky to get £3.50 and a packet of pork scratching for the fans. 

9 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Of course Mel owning the ground doesn't stop a new owner moving the franchise to a different city?

I think you watch too much US sport.

DCFC isn't a franchise, it's a football club.

I know it sort of happened to MK Dons  but there is more chance of everyone being happy with the Brexit deal/no deal than a team in any of the top four or five leagues moving to a different city or town. 

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I know it sort of happened to MK Dons  but there is more chance of everyone being happy with the Brexit deal/no deal than a team in any of the top four or five leagues moving to a different city or town. 

I don’t think he was being serious ? 

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

MK Rams sounds good (!!!)

Archived