As A Derby Fan What Are You Most Bitter About?

Bob The Badger

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Missing out on Europe due to English clubs being banned.

Did not see it as such a big thing at the time but, as I get older and it ever happening seems to become more a remote possibility, I have become even more bitter about it.

Absolutely detest Liverpool.

Yep, we've been dealt some schhitt hands over the years.. 

30 minutes ago, mozza said:

I did laugh when Roger missed that sitter at Stamford Bridge tho.. 

Maybe the greatest miss of all time until that Luton player sliced over the bar from 17 inches yesterday.

Roger has a wicked sense of humor and always happy to laugh at himself. Love that guy.

1. Malcolm Christie’s goal to put us 3-2 up v United being disallowed in 01-02. God, I hate United.

2. Losing 6-0 at Anfield in 2007. God, I hate Liverpool.

3. Losing the 2005 play off semis to Preston with our most exciting side since the turn of the century. God, I hate Carlo Nash.

4. Not getting a season ticket until 2001-02 - the same year we got relegated. My parents wouldn’t let me go until I was 11 so I missed out on being at PP for the Wanchope years. God, I...My parents are alright, I suppose.

Something that just crossed my mind and a lot of younger Derby fans I'm guessing may not even know and I tend to forget about.

We were banned from Europe after the first time we won the league because of accounting irregularities.

Can you imagine that in this day and age? Totally unthinkable.

It would be dragged through the courts for years even if UEFA had had the gall to do attempt it.

So twice we qualified and then were denied European football. FML.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Something that just crossed my mind and a lot of younger Derby fans I'm guessing may not even know and I tend to forget about.

We were banned from Europe after the first time we won the league because of accounting irregularities.

Can you imagine that in this day and age? Totally unthinkable.

It would be dragged through the courts for years even if UEFA had had the gall to do attempt it.

So twice we qualified and then were denied European football. FML.

Not first time we won the league but the first time we qualified for the UEFA (FAIRS cup) then the ducking Yorkshire Dirties won it by beating the ducking Italian dirties in the most filthiest, cheatingest Final one could ever imagine, Wasn't a game of football but who it was decided on who could cheat the best. Me bitter no!

11 minutes ago, mozza said:

Are you kidding!?

Genuinely. Heard loads about the Clough years; know bits and bobs about the Cox era; know a decent amount about Jim Smith's teams but not heard much about this semi final. I actually find it strange that Mackay's time as manager isn't spoken about much in comparison to the aforementioned three, despite him winning us half of our league titles (that's right, isn't it?). Well, apart from the Real Madrid game (if I'm right in saying that was his era), and most focus on Charlie George for that game.

I was born in 1999 you know!

Archived