As A Derby Fan What Are You Most Bitter About?

Bob The Badger

On 13/10/2019 at 16:23, Paul71 said:

About a minute in.

Although I don't believe the ref cheated, i still believe he allowed Martins reputation to influence him in that game, subconsciously maybe.

Would be interesting if that happened today with VAR.

This has to be my absolute hate, partly because of the appalling refereeing, and partly because of the colossal cost to Derby County.

We were neck and neck with Burnley and a win would have put us ahead of them and on the home run.

Madley was an appalling ref, as was his brother. They roamed around the country wrecking football matches all over the place.

And would VAR have given a different result? Not on your nelly. It refers poor decisions by poor referees to a panel made up of guess what? A bunch of poor referees. Remember, the match officials are rated for the authorities by guess what? Another referee, and very, very rarely do they ever get sanctioned for their incompetence. They can cost clubs points and huge anmoynts of money, but seem to be untouchable.

That Madley should never have been allowed near a football pitch ever again, but lasted for several years after screwing us over. ??????????????????????????????????????????????

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

This has to be my absolute hate, partly because of the appalling refereeing, and partly because of the colossal cost to Derby County.

We were neck and neck with Burnley and a win would have put us ahead of them and on the home run.

Madley was an appalling ref, as was his brother. They roamed around the country wrecking football matches all over the place.

And would VAR have given a different result? Not on your nelly. It refers poor decisions by poor referees to a panel made up of guess what? A bunch of poor referees. Remember, the match officials are rated for the authorities by guess what? Another referee, and very, very rarely do they ever get sanctioned for their incompetence. They can cost clubs points and huge anmoynts of money, but seem to be untouchable.

That Madley should never have been allowed near a football pitch ever again, but lasted for several years after screwing us over. ??????????????????????????????????????????????

I guess VAR is designed to stop mistakes but i agree errors will happen.

I really have no issue with genuine mistakes in refereeing,  we all make mistakes.

What i dont like is inconsistent refereeing. How many times have you seen players get warnings rather than bookings for early challenges but then one player makes his first foul and hes booked because the ref has decided he had given enough warnings? 

This wasn't a mistake imo though,  he can't wait to blow,  how can you possibly book a player for diving who doesn't even appeal. 

While he us universally disliked Stuart atwell made human errors and is in fact a very good referee now, but no there was something not right about this. Not cheating just he had a preconception that Martin was going to dive.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I guess VAR is designed to stop mistakes but i agree errors will happen.

I really have no issue with genuine mistakes in refereeing,  we all make mistakes.

What i dont like is inconsistent refereeing. How many times have you seen players get warnings rather than bookings for early challenges but then one player makes his first foul and hes booked because the ref has decided he had given enough warnings? 

This wasn't a mistake imo though,  he can't wait to blow,  how can you possibly book a player for diving who doesn't even appeal. 

While he us universally disliked Stuart atwell made human errors and is in fact a very good referee now, but no there was something not right about this. Not cheating just he had a preconception that Martin was going to dive.

I see you've been to see the officialdom at Pride Park, then!

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Not cheating just he had a preconception that Martin was going to dive.

His first yellow was for persistent fouling but even The Football League Show went through them foul by foul and they were all deemed fair or even fouls against Martin.

13 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Personally for me it was Stuart Attwell's poo show against Forest. Never seen anything like it.

World class bad reffing. Bobby Madley had a good go at Burnley against Chris Martin but Attwell's decisions that day will never be beaten. It was beyond cheating, beyond apprehension even, there was, and never has been, any precedent or reason to disallow the goal and award the penalty like Atwell did that day.

Still rankles as one of those decisions that no matter how you analyse it, in the cold light of day, you can't comprehend why someone could make it. 

On 13/10/2019 at 16:23, Paul71 said:

Although I don't believe the ref cheated, i still believe he allowed Martins reputation to influence him in that game, subconsciously maybe.

I do believe it could be classed as cheating. The ref did not give what he saw, he gave decisions based on what he thought. To me that's cheating.

Archived