As A Derby Fan What Are You Most Bitter About?

Bob The Badger

How long have you got? The 'concise' list in no particular order is as follows...

• Docherty and the Ooompa Loompa's undermining of the club. Especially the latter. Tear it all down to prove your point you poisonous sweaty Bamford.
  • Surprised as some will doubtless be, the drink driving debacle I'm struggling with too. Have defended the principals and the skipper to the hilt beforehand so it feels like a proper punch to the nads. Misplaced loyalty sucks.
  • Again too long ago but the idiotic stand-off that resulted in Clough's finest achievements being with them lot. The records sem to show we were on the edge of greatness but egos and pettiness killed the dream. 
  • The fact that Jonathan Douglas was not even carded for 'that challenge' - should have been arrested and the ref neutered to prevent him having equally myopic offspring.
  • She / he / them who cursed us resulting in all of the above - may all her etc offspring be 6 fingered, web-footed Gumps for all of eternity.
  • XXXXX XXXXX for snogging XXX XXXX at the hop when I was 14. He might have been 18 and had a car and a job, but he was obviously a massive Bamford.  You broke my heart.

Will leave it here but with gratitude to the OP for the opportunity to exorcise some demons. Will now seek a quiet place for a manly blub.

Note - this needs to be a generic pub thread @Bob The Badger! Conceptually brilliant and brutal in equal measures.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

1. Charlie George getting injured against Stoke and missing the end of what could well have been a double winning season?

2. Juventus bribing the referee in the European Cup Semi-Final and getting away with it?

3. The last minute winner for QPR at Wembley?

4. Paulo Wanchope not getting goal of the month after his brilliance against Man Utd?

5. None of the above - so come on, what is it then? Let's get bitter and twisted.

I'm going for #1. That was truly the start of the decline imho.

1. That semi final v Man U was heartbreaking.
2. They lost in the final to Ajax.
3. Never have I shouted "duck it!" so loudly. At least they got relegated.
4. Yep motd gave it to a flick and turn by Zola daft bgrs.

I am going for number 1. At least Man U lost in the final.

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Our board accepting Clough and Taylor's resignations.. 

I'm actually not bitter about that.

As has been well documented and Cloughie himself admitted several times, he put the Board in an impossible situation where they had no alternative.

I'm more bitter about the two of them maturing after they left Derby.

Somewhere in a parallel universe Derby County really are the greatest team the world has ever seen.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Clough and taylor leaving was totally traumatic.

it took a long time to get over that.

plus juventus

plus something about that man utd semi always grinds my gears, but i don't really know what

after that i'd add......tommy docs alleged treatment of kevin hector

losing to qpr was just one of those things

losing to villa felt like a missed opportunity....aaagh that fookin teamsheet!

Every minute of that day against Man U was horrible.. I’m still not over it. You’re scum for even mentioning it again.. ?

On and off the pitch was a crap day. I still feel that, that day was the end of an era. I still hate Man Utd so much because of that day. 

I even hate Hillsboro, I hate Sheff Weds for have a ground that we were beaten at. Scum.. I hate all teams that wear red ever since. 

I was in full B4 mode that year. Winning the FA Cup was everything and only Man U in the way. Tommy Todger and a poo team. 

Oh and I hate Yorkshire as well.. And Lancashire.. And Chips (I had chips that day) devils food now. 

Im going for a lie down.. Might watch Paulo’s goal again though.

1 hour ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Will always be Juventus to me I am pretty sure that cost us everything from Clough going, Forest rising and ultimately world domination. My late dad had already sorted travel to Belgrade and when a few years later the dogs got there it opened the sore even more. Safe to say I hate the cheating Italian Bamford more than any other team to this day 

I think it's one of those spectacularly rare events where people were saying at the time the ref must have been bribed.

And the ref actually had been bribed.

Archived