Derby's Ultras ?

Philmycock

The new singing area is a great idea, but jeez that guy in the white t-shirt that had his back to the game for 90 minutes conducting the singing was flippin annoying! Not a flare in sight either, Wisla Krakow we are not ?

I don't need some young whipper-snapper instructing me how and when to sing "Derby Derby Derby" I've been doing it for 35 years and never missed a beat.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The capo we have in Copenhagen is doing a brilliant job. He keeps the atmosphere going throughout the whole game and the singing is a lot more organized than without one. It is especially useful to have one at times when the match is nothing to shout about or a momentum needs to be build. Not sure if there's no tradition for having one in england?

48 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

The new singing area is a great idea, but jeez that guy in the white t-shirt that had his back to the game for 90 minutes conducting the singing was flippin annoying! Not a flare in sight either, Wisla Krakow we are not ?

I don't need some young whipper-snapper instructing me how and when to sing "Derby Derby Derby" I've been doing it for 35 years and never missed a beat.

White shirt?

Back to the game?

Annoying as hell?

Was it Jozefzoon?

49 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Where was it pal ? Towards the away fans in the South stand I'm guessing ? Couldn't see it from my seat I'm towards the west side of the South stand ! 

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Where was it pal ? Towards the away fans in the South stand I'm guessing ? Couldn't see it from my seat I'm towards the west side of the South stand ! 

Yeah at the front near the away end, with drummer boy. Songs a bit tame, not a Tired and Weary in sight.

Prefer @ossieramand his pals in Upper D block.

"Sober, sober Tom, Sober, sober Tom, Sober, sober Tom, Sober Tommy Lawrence" ? 

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I think fair play to him, hes just trying to get people singing. I sit between that group and the guys at the back, and I think it's working having 2 groups getting songs going.

Hopefully it works, love the Clough flags

7 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Luton showing us how it’s done. Our fans are louder when they boo. 
time to get your heads from up your backsides and admit you’re not very good and put some work in. Spend more time moaning and booing 

That goes for every fan in the stadium, not just the South stand I presume?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

If he can orchestrate the fans to understand sometimes a backwards pass is the best option and to not groan all the time, that would be appreciated! Going ducking mad at the people round me today, swear some people think it’s still 1985...

Listen, I agree with you, and there were people in the North stand near me groaning every pass it seemed (like normal I suppose)

but there was a couple of times in each half when the crowd could sense we might get a chance and got loud, baying the team on...then the ball was quickly passed all the way way back to Roos/Clarke and play was slowed down again. There does need to be a point where the team push on and get the ball forward quickly. It just felt slow and methodical all game. Again, Cocu wants possession and I understand that

48 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Listen, I agree with you, and there were people in the North stand near me groaning every pass it seemed (like normal I suppose)

but there was a couple of times in each half when the crowd could sense we might get a chance and got loud, baying the team on...then the ball was quickly passed all the way way back to Roos/Clarke and play was slowed down again. There does need to be a point where the team push on and get the ball forward quickly. It just felt slow and methodical all game. Again, Cocu wants possession and I understand that

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that every pass backwards is the right option. Sometimes it’s entirely the wrong move, because it’s to a man under pressure. Haven’t got so much of a problem with people moaning when we concede Possession in that manner as it really is stupid. But people have to understand sometimes the best way to build attacks is sometimes to go backwards and switch the play etc etc. We play a possession game, and it frustrates me that fans can’t understand that and see the benefits. I mean I must admit it’s certainly my favoured style and may not be others, I’m sure there’s some who prefer every pass to be a threatening one. But you’ve surely got to see the benefit in keeping the ball, you have it, the opposition can’t score and get frustrated. Simple as that if executed correctly.

Just annoys me when all the moans start making the players panic, hoof it, and lose the ball. Really don’t think the fans understand the negative impact it can have.

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Luton showing us how it’s done. Our fans are louder when they boo. 
time to get your heads from up your backsides and admit you’re not very good and put some work in. Spend more time moaning and booing 

I feel sometimes I've been to a different match. I didn't hear any booing or moaning but then I was singing all game. I thought the Luton fans were very quiet for most of the game considering there was a decent turn out.

I saw them. Know what you’re saying. At least they are trying I guess. I prefer the old school chants myself. Not really sure how the ‘woahhhhhh woah’ song can inspire the players. Give me a long rendition of ‘we are Derby’ over that.

15 hours ago, r4derby said:

I don't mind a few groans, as it's quite an instinctive reaction when you see a potential opportunity squandered. 

Boos after a few backward passes, on the other hand, are ridiculous and embarrassing.

Archived