I have made my stand...

Mucker1884

Really not happy, but being a happy clapper, I have decided against handing in my Season Ticket.  I have decided against throwing anything with a Ram logo in the bin.  I have decided against booing, and even silence, whilst continuing to attend matches.

I have, however made a stand... I have now unsubscribed from DCFC Emails.  I don't want the authorities knowing that such an organisation is in communication with me.  I don't want colleagues finding out there is an association between the club and me!  I'm too embarrassed.  Too ashamed. 

Oh... And last nights cocoa was not in my usual DCFC mug... which has now been placed firmly at the back of the cupboard!

For the record, I have only unsubscribed from all mail DCFC related.  My subscriptions to "Red Tree appreciation society" (It's a garden thing... they look very nice, being red all year round, and not just autumn!)

foxgX5y8_400x400.jpg

Oh wait... That's a Derby scarf... highly inappropriate!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Really not happy, but being a happy clapper, I have decided against handing in my Season Ticket.  I have decided against throwing anything with a Ram logo in the bin.  I have decided against booing, and even silence, whilst continuing to attend matches.

I have, however made a stand... I have now unsubscribed from DCFC Emails.  I don't want the authorities knowing that such an organisation is in communication with me.  I don't want colleagues finding out there is an association between the club and me!  I'm too embarrassed.  Too ashamed. 

Oh... And last nights cocoa was not in my usual DCFC mug... which has now been placed firmly at the back of the cupboard!

For the record, I have only unsubscribed from all mail DCFC related.  My subscriptions to "Red Tree appreciation society" (It's a garden thing... they look very nice, being red all year round, and not just autumn!)

foxgX5y8_400x400.jpg

Oh wait... That's a Derby scarf... highly inappropriate!

The unsubscribing is a bit of an overkill - Bedwetter! ?

Oh, call me a bluff old pedant but that's a Fulham scarf.

Edited 35 minutes ago by David
Sorry but I have had to remove some of your "subscriptions" as Google's algorithm is not intelligent to detect sarcasm as I have previously found.

Damn those Logarithm's!  I never could get to grips with Trigonometry at skool!  

54 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

The unsubscribing is a bit of an overkill - Bedwetter! ?

Oh, call me a bluff old pedant but that's a Fulham scarf.

Fictionally, it was indeed depicted as a Fulham scarf... but those of us ITK, know the truth.  It'll be in his memoirs/Autobiography somewhere, no doubt.
So take that pedantry, and shove it up your Tooting Broadway!  

EDIT:

Oh... and I haven't wet the bed since I was 9, thank you very much... although there was that time I sleep-walked over to the wardrobe in a drunken haze... but that doesn't count, as I wasn't technically in bed!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I will also be attending matches and retaining my season ticket - My protest will come in that I shall no longer be yelling "C'mon Derby!" when the team come out of the tunnel, will not be buying a new scarf (as I like to do most seasons) and unless it's really cold and I've forgotten my gloves I shan't be making any purchases from the concessions in the concourse

I will also absolutely no longer be chanting any songs related to Bennett or Lawrence - And I will probably stop trying to defend either of them on the basis of their footballing ability to any who criticise their playing

I will however be balancing that out by pretty much frothing at the mouth with barely concealed over-excitement every time Chrissy Martin's name is read out and will definitely be in danger of falling off the stand whenever he scores

13 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Hope you're happy Mel. @Mucker1884 has completely lost the plot.

Somebody check he isn't scaling the pride park roof. 

In all seriousness, I was scaling that roof long before Mel and the rest of you arrived...

... but then I am in the trade, (although I was there in an "unofficial" capacity), and the stadium was of course still at the build stage, at the time!

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I will also be attending matches and retaining my season ticket - My protest will come in that I shall no longer be yelling "C'mon Derby!" when the team come out of the tunnel, will not be buying a new scarf (as I like to do most seasons) and unless it's really cold and I've forgotten my gloves I shan't be making any purchases from the concessions in the concourse

I will also absolutely no longer be chanting any songs related to Bennett or Lawrence - And I will probably stop trying to defend either of them on the basis of their footballing ability to any who criticise their playing

I will however be balancing that out by pretty much frothing at the mouth with barely concealed over-excitement every time Chrissy Martin's name is read out and will definitely be in danger of falling off the stand whenever he scores

Can you not chant "c'mon Derby.....except for Lawrence and Bennett (add Rooney when he arrives)"?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Can you not chant "c'mon Derby.....except for Lawrence and Bennett (add Rooney when he arrives)"?

I will concede to a "C'Mon Martin!" but say it in a slightly muffled way so it might kinda sound a little like Derby if you really try hard to listen for that

Essentially nothing can upset me that much at the moment because we've got my favourite striker back and he's scoring goals and playing well and proving all the boo-boys wrong and although I do feel a little bad for my re-bound crush Marriott I'm just mildly happy all the time

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh... and I haven't wet the bed since I was 9, thank you very much... although there was that time I sleep-walked over to the wardrobe in a drunken haze... but that doesn't count, as I wasn't technically in bed!  

You out with CM19 and the lads the other night too?

First world problems. Notwithstanding remains a ridiculous decision to play them 2 so soon, sets a poor tone. But back in the real world my toast tasted the same this morning. Perspective needed. And if you have a DCFC mug after the age of 15 you could do with having a word with yourself anyway.

42 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

First world problems. Notwithstanding remains a ridiculous decision to play them 2 so soon, sets a poor tone. But back in the real world my toast tasted the same this morning. Perspective needed. And if you have a DCFC mug after the age of 15 you could do with having a word with yourself anyway.

Yeah... I should have told those bloody ugly grand kids of mine to chuck it in the bin, Father's Day, or no Father's Day!

Archived