bye

DCFC Ram

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Manson"?

AWKWARD!  

Don’t know what you mean pal ? look again.........

(good old edit button)

On 03/10/2019 at 13:50, Owd miner said:

I feel same as original poster mi sen. I wa looking forward ta Charlton and Barnsley but i carn't bring mi sen ta go cause of them two. Whats even worse is i've bought away membership ... And even worse than that Hilda dun't know abart that....she'll kill me or tek one of mi pigeons out... I'll see ya all when them two criminals have gone ... and until then i'll be seeing you.....

I know its the pits i'nt it!

7 hours ago, chezzyram said:

You said in another thread that you stood on a milk crate on the popside as a small boy in 1977. In that case half the pits were shut by the time you reached working age and long gone 25 years after that, unless you were sat hiding in an abandoned pit shaft with your davey lamp and snap tin like a Japanese soldier ?

Yep that don’t make a lot of sense ,, i was down the pit in 1978 for a few years and I’m only 58 ,,, thinking old miner might be more owed guffer 

8 hours ago, chezzyram said:

You said in another thread that you stood on a milk crate on the popside as a small boy in 1977. In that case half the pits were shut by the time you reached working age and long gone 25 years after that, unless you were sat hiding in an abandoned pit shaft with your davey lamp and snap tin like a Japanese soldier ?

No mi owd all true .. have a look when last few pits shut mi owd 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yep that don’t make a lot of sense ,, i was down the pit in 1978 for a few years and I’m only 58 ,,, thinking old miner might be more owed guffer 

No mi owd started very young .. finished mi mining in 2015 also mi last pit wasn't in this country . Pits I I woked at..are you ready ? 

OLLERTON COLLIERY 

DAW MILL COLLIERY 

ASFORDBY COLLIERY 

LONGANNET COLLIERY

ANNESLEY BENTINCK COLLIERY 

MALTBY COLLIERY 

HATFIELD COLLIERY 

KELLINGLEY COLLIERY 

and one abroad plus ten years captain mines rescue team at pit... 

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

No mi owd started very young .. finished mi mining in 2015 also mi last pit wasn't in this country . Pits I I woked at..are you ready ? 

OLLERTON COLLIERY 

DAW MILL COLLIERY 

ASFORDBY COLLIERY 

LONGANNET COLLIERY

MALTBY COLLIERY 

HATFIELD COLLIERY 

KELLINGLEY COLLIERY 

Cadley hill for me

3 hours ago, Owd miner said:

OLLERTON COLLIERY 

DAW MILL COLLIERY 

ASFORDBY COLLIERY 

LONGANNET COLLIERY

MALTBY COLLIERY 

HATFIELD COLLIERY 

KELLINGLEY COLLIERY 

With the majority of your posts being completely incomprehensible, I was expecting to see Norman Colliery!  

53 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

My dad and grandad worked there. Assistant charge engineer. Dad was one of the last to stop working in Feb 1989.

Other grandad was at Rawdon and Gresley till it shut. 

My old man and brother were at Measham too,

got to be said that the crack working down the pit was spot on ,had some proper laughs

3 hours ago, Archied said:

My old man and brother were at Measham too,

got to be said that the crack working down the pit was spot on ,had some proper laughs

Were you there in the 80's? Dad was a fitter. He might know you. Yeh he has some funny stories. Told him to write a book about it but he's not a writer.

Guess I could interview him and others. 

Archived