bye

DCFC Ram

21 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I pretty much thought that we stuck with the club through thick and thin.

Lawrence and Bennett will get their punishments and will have to live with the consequences of their actions for a very long time.

Not really sure what punishment the club can impose now, other than financial. That seems a bit lame, to say the least. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Yani P said:

Must admit so many responses on these endless topics smack of the modern day epidemic of social media moral outrage. 

I take a very simplistic view - they have broken the law, they will be dealt with by the courts.. Probably fines, bans some form of community service. 

Derby County will impose their own sanctions on the individuals concerned and will make these public at the appropriate time. 

In the meantime the club has decided they should carry on with the job they are paid for. There is nothing morally wrong with this whatsoever. 

As has been said many times.. Drink driving is a stupid reckless dangerous thing. My brother was in a car with 4 friends and got hit head on by a drunk who was on the wrong side of a dual carriageway. His best friend in the front passenger seat was killed instantly.. 17 years old.

Another friend of mine was drunk.. Fell asleep in the front seat of his mates car.. His mate then decided to drive home drunk and put my friend through the windscreen he was scarred for life. 

Horrible stories I'm sure many on here have many more. But I Don't hate Lawrence or Bennett or Keogh.. I don't know them. All I know is the courts and club will deal with the facts and take appropriate action and that is good enough for me. 

Excellent post. ?

6 hours ago, KCG said:

Another boring topic started by an angel who's never done anything wrong in his entire life ?

You're a staunch defender of them. Out of interest, what would they have to have done to merit your disapproval? I'm really intrugued to know. The standards of behaviour you accept from highly paid professionals is quite low.

Because potentially ending the Captain's career is no big deal and all just a bit of a laugh isn't it?

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

some people need to get a life and not be so judgemental. I bet most people if they did a bit of digging would find those considered as friends and family contain people have Drove over the limit and/or worse, albeit not getting caught doesn't make them less guilty unless you're a hypocrite.

Human Rights mean you are allowed to earn a living until convicted, and as footballer wages are subsidised by appearance and win bonus money, leaving them out before a conviction is unfair.

Disagree with the second paragraph, but the first is absolutely bang on. 

15 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Nice one mi owd. I'll be in touch. Thanks again fella

If he gives you the details, let us know his name and age! I want to find out whether the real 'Owd miner' is, in fact, a former miner (unlikely, I feel), or whether he's an old bloke having a laugh, a young guy taking the piss, etc.

Such an enigma.

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he gives you the details, let us know his name and age! I want to find out whether the real 'Owd miner' is, in fact, a former miner (unlikely, I feel), or whether he's an old bloke having a laugh, a young guy taking the piss, etc.

Such an enigma.

Owd up mi owd..all is true 25 years a miner .. and all mi tales are true too. 

14 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

A poster has an enormous flounce so everyone must kowtow to them and empathise with their terrible plight? Okay.

Thanks for adding the "okay" at the end, which took the edge off your comment.

Much appreciated - genuinely. 

Perhaps it's in tune with the EFL's promotion of MIND - to be more understanding about people's emotions and mental health.

I guess that both a "flounce" and "being upset" - look the same, when written down in a post.

5 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Any road off ta bed... its Hildas boffday tomorrow .... the old big 8 0 ..we are going to bed fer a bit of fun fer her last neet in her 70s.... hope shes took her teeth out... 

I'm back nah mi owds ... dunt tek owd miner long these days ....

23 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

Just a quick cheerio from me.

6 hours ago, swanny said:

by the way, if anyone does decide they cant go for the rest of the season i'll happily look after your season tickets for you ?

Maybe you could let letting Swanny use your season ticket for a while - and then see how you feel?

19 hours ago, KCG said:

Another boring topic started by an angel who's never done anything wrong in his entire life ?

Ridiculous. A drunk driver did something to me over 30 years ago and it’s affected my life ever since, all the damn time. Should I dismiss it because ‘everyone makes mistakes’? 

12 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Owd up mi owd..all is true 25 years a miner .. and all mi tales are true too. 

You said in another thread that you stood on a milk crate on the popside as a small boy in 1977. In that case half the pits were shut by the time you reached working age and long gone 25 years after that, unless you were sat hiding in an abandoned pit shaft with your davey lamp and snap tin like a Japanese soldier ?

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Ridiculous. A drunk driver did something to me over 30 years ago and it’s affected my life ever since, all the damn time. Should I dismiss it because ‘everyone makes mistakes’? 

Absolutely not and I'm sure it's something which will stay with you for the rest of your life

But whilst you may never recover society dictates that a punishment will have been handed (hopefully) to that drink driver with the aim of making them understand the damage they've done and hopefully to rehabilitate them

No one is or would ever ask you as an individual to forgive or forget (that would be up to your personal choice) but society as a whole works to give people who make stupid mistakes a second chance - Derby County as an club/business/institution will always work more like the state/society when it comes to these things than the individual

2 hours ago, chezzyram said:

You said in another thread that you stood on a milk crate on the popside as a small boy in 1977. In that case half the pits were shut by the time you reached working age and long gone 25 years after that, unless you were sat hiding in an abandoned pit shaft with your davey lamp and snap tin like a Japanese soldier ?

Down the pit as a youngster - let's say 5 years old in '77 - Then worked 16 hours a day which is 2x eight hour shifts - So every year can count as 2 working years - So then could have finished in '90 (?) just in time to have his first legal pint to celebrate

It makes sense because unfortunately didn't even get enough schooling to correctly spell 3-letter words ? The 70s were a cruel time...

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I am sorry to hear that.

If they had injured or killed someone then that would be an entirely different matter. Please don't say they injured Keogh, he's a big boy and should have known better.

I am betting that nearly everyone who's criticised these two have broken the law in some way over their lifetime.

Yes, what they did was idiotic, but reading comments from sanctimonious hypocrites is just a little galling.

Archived