bye

DCFC Ram

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

After rereading this, I can't help but think it smacks of hypocrisy.

I would have accepted refusing to go to any more games, but to see out the season because you've paid for it, it's no different to the club playing the players because they've paid for them. 

by the way, if anyone does decide they cant go for the rest of the season i'll happily look after your season tickets for you ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, nottingram said:

I don’t really think playing them tonight is tied to their punishment or lack thereof.

What purpose does not playing them serve. They are still going to receive a punishment, I think that much is clear, from both Derby and the court of law.

I would much rather see them punished through community work, making amends to the community they have let down, taking courses to understand the potential consequences of their actions, volunteering at such events in the future, as opposed to a token X game ban. 

If you ask me, issuing a club suspension would be much more of a cop out than what I think and hope will happen, which should be education and rehabilitation.

So many takes tonight about the club not taking it seriously. Frankly we do not know how seriously the club is taking it, but I think we all know Mel well enough to know he will still feel seriously let down by the actions of all involved and will be making sure the players know that, and acting as such. 

But Mason Bennett had been at one of these alcohol related community events. What good did that do?

They're only sorry that they crashed and was caught i'm afraid.

Must admit so many responses on these endless topics smack of the modern day epidemic of social media moral outrage. 

I take a very simplistic view - they have broken the law, they will be dealt with by the courts.. Probably fines, bans some form of community service. 

Derby County will impose their own sanctions on the individuals concerned and will make these public at the appropriate time. 

In the meantime the club has decided they should carry on with the job they are paid for. There is nothing morally wrong with this whatsoever. 

As has been said many times.. Drink driving is a stupid reckless dangerous thing. My brother was in a car with 4 friends and got hit head on by a drunk who was on the wrong side of a dual carriageway. His best friend in the front passenger seat was killed instantly.. 17 years old.

Another friend of mine was drunk.. Fell asleep in the front seat of his mates car.. His mate then decided to drive home drunk and put my friend through the windscreen he was scarred for life. 

Horrible stories I'm sure many on here have many more. But I Don't hate Lawrence or Bennett or Keogh.. I don't know them. All I know is the courts and club will deal with the facts and take appropriate action and that is good enough for me. 

Have we given any thought to what options the club had last night. 

If Marriott had been fit, maybe neither player would have been selected. Otherwise, we would have had to play Flojo and had NO senior forwards available on the bench and knowing the CM isn't up to a full 90 mins yet. 

Giving up supporting the club you love, because two players made a stupid decision off the field, is weak and petty. I would never turn my back on the club I love. You're entitled to your opinion of course but doing this is just making the situation ten times worse. The players involved will know they have messed up and it will hit them. We don't need to intervene.

I've been through Clough resigning, Tommy Doc, Maxwell, Peter Taylor as manager, 3WM, 2008, Gadsby, Tom Glick. I've watched Forest win the European Cup twice with half our old side, I've seen us lose to Leicester at Wembley, I've seen us lose away at Hartlepool in the FA Cup, I've even seen a video of our manager sweating as he bangs some old trollop on the bonnet of his car.

Drink driving is terrible and whoever does it should face the full force of the law but it will take a lot, lot more than us playing two players who have been found guilty of it to cause me to stop watching Derby. 

And as for you moving on - I'm not sure which one of your 214 messages you think will cause us all to remember you most but all the best with the new, post forum, life. You won't miss us that much and we won't miss you either and it will have not one gnats fart of impact to Derby County.

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

But Mason Bennett had been at one of these alcohol related community events. What good did that do?

Not trying to nitpick, but was it alcohol related? Or just a community event that just so happened to coincidentally have a sponsor in that field? Is it like saying this weekend’s game is education related cos Derby University sponsor a stand? 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Giving up supporting the club you love, because two players made a stupid decision off the field, is weak and petty. I would never turn my back on the club I love. You're entitled to your opinion of course but doing this is just making the situation ten times worse. The players involved will know they have messed up and it will hit them. We don't need to intervene.

Weak and petty? Really?

Give your head a wobble ?

I actually can’t believe fans are willing to boycott the club because a few individuals bought shame on us. It’s disgraceful what happened but I love DCFC that much I could not imagine turning my back on the club.

Let the courts and club deal with the offenders. Let’s do our bit and show our passion for our club. 

anyone willing to turn their back on Derby can go as far as I am concerned.

19 hours ago, maxjam said:

Your post makes it sound as though you've been following Derby a long time - don't let a couple of individuals define your enjoyment of supporting the club, especially as both the police and internal investigations are still ongoing, you might feel differently this time next week or whenever they conlude.

I personally don't think they should have played tonight but that didn't stop me supporting the rest of the team.  Each to their own I guess.  We'll still be here if/when you return. 

COYR

Cant have been a fan for really long or would have stopped supporting us when we had Paul McGrath in the team.

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Let’s be realistic - he was there watching some old blokes walk around kicking a ball.

I mean serious events, go and meet families of people affected by drink driving, that sort of thing.

Would be far more worthwhile than an X game ban. For what it’s worth I probably would’ve left them both out last night (mainly due to fan reaction) but I don’t really understand the line of argument that they should be sacked or issued with an indefinite club ban 

20 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

Just a quick cheerio from me.

I've enjoyed reading and contributing to this forum, the Derby Craic and the old NEP one over many years.

I'll see out this season as my last as a DCFC season ticket holder.

I'll not be supporting Derby County at the remaining games but I dohope to enjoy the matches whoever Derby County is playing.

I was at Barnsley tonight.

I cannot support that team selection decision and they 2 players are not 'one of my own.'

I do not want to be associated with a club that is morally bankrupt. And it is and I won't.

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

over and out for the forseeable future at least

Bye bye

20 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

Just a quick cheerio from me.

I've enjoyed reading and contributing to this forum, the Derby Craic and the old NEP one over many years.

I'll see out this season as my last as a DCFC season ticket holder.

I'll not be supporting Derby County at the remaining games but I dohope to enjoy the matches whoever Derby County is playing.

I was at Barnsley tonight.

I cannot support that team selection decision and they 2 players are not 'one of my own.'

I do not want to be associated with a club that is morally bankrupt. And it is and I won't.

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

over and out for the forseeable future at least

If you had made the same mistake, would you expect and accept not being allowed to go into work to do your job before any decision or verdict on guilt and consequently punishment had been decided or set? Or, would you get your head down and do your job and until a verdict had been reached by your employer and the courts? 

I'll always support the club through thick and thin, but I am more than embarrassed by the decision to reintroduce two players who I had wished to never see again after mere days. It completely sets the wrong tone and it's disgraceful that the club is willing to do that after such horrific behaviour. It's really changed my opinion of both manager and owner, so I do understand OP's decision.

I despise drink drivers and can appreciate how others are questioning their support of the club. I visited a pub myself on Saturday evening, still wearing the black and white. Had a few comments from complete strangers when I had a pint in my hand, clearly joking, but it's hard to not feel ashamed at the same time.

6 hours ago, Owd miner said:

I feel same as original poster mi sen. I wa looking forward ta Charlton and Barnsley but i carn't bring mi sen ta go cause of them two. Whats even worse is i've bought away membership ... And even worse than that Hilda dun't know abart that....she'll kill me or tek one of mi pigeons out... I'll see ya all when them two criminals have gone ... and until then i'll be seeing you.....

Can a some'ow mek use of t'way membership in t'meantime ?

People are actually gonna stop supporting Derby because of this? Blimey charlie. It's hardly crime of the century either. I'm not entirely sure why folk are quite so angry about it. I was surprised to see Lawrence start, forgot all about it and just wanted us to win. Never entered my head when Bennett came on, was enjoying an end to end, low quality, mistake riddled game. Decent point away from home. Unbeaten in 4. For me, football is to enjoy, an escape for 90 minutes not politics  or for it to eat me up. Couldn't care less if lee Hughes, adam johnson or that kid that knicked his mates 70k watch played as long as its 3 points or a good craic. 

Archived