bye

DCFC Ram

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Just a quick cheerio from me.

I've enjoyed reading and contributing to this forum, the Derby Craic and the old NEP one over many years.

I'll see out this season as my last as a DCFC season ticket holder.

I'll not be supporting Derby County at the remaining games but I dohope to enjoy the matches whoever Derby County is playing.

I was at Barnsley tonight.

I cannot support that team selection decision and they 2 players are not 'one of my own.'

I do not want to be associated with a club that is morally bankrupt. And it is and I won't.

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

over and out for the forseeable future at least

Well which is it?

It's a football club, you can't just pick and choose when you support it, that's not the way it works.

You either think the club is morally bankrupt and wish to end your association with it, or you don't. None of this 'forseeable future' gubbins!

If you desert the club now there's no coming back from it, nobody is allowed a second chance, everything is binary, remember?

You can pretend you're done with it, but the last line gives you away. (Hopefully) See you in 6 months. ?

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I take my nephews to around 6-8 games a year .  There dad has no interest in football so it's been up to me to nurture an interest in the club I support for the last 7 years.   Following tonight's decision to play Pinky and the Brain I have been told they won't be going to games anymore. My sister-in-law got hit by a drunk driver 10 years ago and it took all my convincing that the club took it seriously etc etc over the tail end of last week. That went out the window tonight.  Thanks Derby.

This pretty much sums up the impact of the decisions made today. The seriousness of what the players have done, and the lack of a serious approach by the club to tackling it. They really have shot themselves in the foot. Inexplicable really.

It's simple!

This thread is by someone who is upset - so, perhaps, we can keep this thread for positive supportive comments ...

There are plenty of other threads about the reaction to the drink-driving ... for anyone who wants to post more robust and argumentative comments ...

I don’t really think playing them tonight is tied to their punishment or lack thereof.

What purpose does not playing them serve. They are still going to receive a punishment, I think that much is clear, from both Derby and the court of law.

I would much rather see them punished through community work, making amends to the community they have let down, taking courses to understand the potential consequences of their actions, volunteering at such events in the future, as opposed to a token X game ban. 

If you ask me, issuing a club suspension would be much more of a cop out than what I think and hope will happen, which should be education and rehabilitation.

So many takes tonight about the club not taking it seriously. Frankly we do not know how seriously the club is taking it, but I think we all know Mel well enough to know he will still feel seriously let down by the actions of all involved and will be making sure the players know that, and acting as such. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I would much rather see them punished through community work, making amends to the community they have let down, taking courses to understand the potential consequences of their actions, volunteering at such events in the future, as opposed to a token X game ban. 

If you ask me, issuing a club suspension would be much more of a cop out than what I think and hope will happen, which should be education and rehabilitation.

This.  Especially the bold 

1 hour ago, DCFC Ram said:

I've enjoyed reading and contributing to this forum, the Derby Craic and the old NEP one over many years.

I'll not be supporting Derby County at the remaining games but I dohope to enjoy the matches whoever Derby County is playing.

I cannot support that team selection decision and they 2 players are not 'one of my own.'

I do not want to be associated with a club that is morally bankrupt. And it is and I won't.

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

I think it's a shame that you feel this way but respect the decision - Anyone can support or not support a team for any reason and this one is obviously a big one for you

I'm unhappy with the decision to play the players tonight - Mostly because they don't seem to have read the mood of the fanbase over the incident - Seems to have been a decision driven completely by football rather than anything else - But I'm a relative realist in my outlook and I'm going to wait and see what happens with the punishment of the players in the future

I understand this is a difficult and somewhat horrific incident for people who have experienced tragedy related to drink driving - But I'm not sure a club which was previously owned and funded by Robert Maxwell can ever claim to have any serious moral standing though

2 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

So you're so furious you will only watch the next 17? home games.

Why not refuse to put any sauce on your ht burger. Show them how immoral they are. 

It's a real shame the OP doesn't feel they can support the club after tonight. Personally, I don't want to see Lawrence or Bennett out there atm and i probably wouldn't play them until 2020 if it was up to me. It's not a small thing they've done, actions need to have serious consequences and I couldn't disagree more with Cocu's reasoning. The way I square it up in my mind is that I support the institution that is the club. It's bigger than the current owner and staff it'll outlive myself and everyone I know. I won't be chanting their names or giving them support until they've shown appropriate contrition and have paid some cost for their mistakes. 

8 hours ago, philmycocu said:

Oh righteous one, I'm presuming you mean me, however, for your info I detest drink driving and I hope they get their just deserts, however all this bunkum flying around is tosh, mainly because we only drew tonight. All the snowflakes who are going to stop being fans are probably the same people that boo from the east stand at every opportunity, good riddance to rubbish fickle supporters.

That's the long and short of it, if people are honest.....

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can fully understand the OPs sentiments.

I was disappointed in the inclusion of them pair. I'm not going go overboard or moralising, but I can understand.

I hope the Op feels able to come back sooner than later.

My thoughts exactly. One wrong turn by a pedestrian(s) near that accident and this would have been more than "just" drink driving. How can you cheer on the players involved in that?

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

It's simple!

This thread is by someone who is upset - so, perhaps, we can keep this thread for positive supportive comments ...

There are plenty of other threads about the reaction to the drink-driving ... for anyone who wants to post more robust and argumentative comments ...

A poster has an enormous flounce so everyone must kowtow to them and empathise with their terrible plight? Okay.

9 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

Sorry to see you have lost faith in the club, can understand your reasons why.

But also goodbye , Derby County need fans who will stick by them through the good times and the bad, not just the good

After hearing about last week's shameful situation whilst on holiday abroad I just could not believe that, after looking at the pictures of the crashes, no one was not killed! My first feeling was of disbelievement, my second was of anger and then, in the cold light of day, acceptance that unfortunately, some footballers,not all, seem to believe they are above everyone else. Money,playing in front of huge mainly adoring fans, and perhaps living in a 'bubble', has perhaps created this. Should the 'two' have been included in the team last night? My opinion for what it's worth is NO! It's is too soon! Emotions are running very high. Today I am a sad DCFC fan,saddened by what has happened in the past two weeks, saddened by a minority of 'so called supporters' who thought to chant Bennett's name, and saddened by how DCFC have 'misunderstood' the feelings of a lot of fans currently. MM is a fantastic owner who I hope will be with us for a long time. Unfortunately whoever put the 'two' in last night's team should be ashamed of themselves. I have supported DCFC all my life and will be there on Saturday (season ticket holder). I will shout my lungs out for the team and give it my all to try and get a positive result on the pitch. 3 points Saturday will go a little way towards lightening my mood. I will however continue to support the Rams through thick and thin. Its in my blood and always will be. UTR

Archived