bye

DCFC Ram

Just a quick cheerio from me.

I've enjoyed reading and contributing to this forum, the Derby Craic and the old NEP one over many years.

I'll see out this season as my last as a DCFC season ticket holder.

I'll not be supporting Derby County at the remaining games but I dohope to enjoy the matches whoever Derby County is playing.

I was at Barnsley tonight.

I cannot support that team selection decision and they 2 players are not 'one of my own.'

I do not want to be associated with a club that is morally bankrupt. And it is and I won't.

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

over and out for the forseeable future at least

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take care if you are being serious, I imagine lots of others are close to doing the same. Some things are more important than football, especially to Derby fans especially who have been victims of drink driving or know of people who have, it hits home and will resurface dark memories.

I pretty much thought that we stuck with the club through thick and thin.

Lawrence and Bennett will get their punishments and will have to live with the consequences of their actions for a very long time.

Whilst they work for this club I expect them to work for the benefit of the club,it's supporters and the community,not sit at home in their pants feeling sorry for themselves so I take the alternate view that the club are correct to get them out there doing their bloody jobs whilst considering their futures at the same time.

4 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

So - thanks to all on here and the other forums for the Derby chat over many years.

over and out for the forseeable future at least

It's raw at the moment!

Don't forget, just like a 20 year-old broom, that's had both its handles and heads replaced a few times ...

... players, staff, and managers (and fans) come and go - but the club keeps going. 

The club'll be there for you for ever! Come back when you're ready! 

Many of us, myself included, have been calling for the club to support aswell as punish these players. I think it's right in this day and age to be understanding, caring and consider the reasons behind the mistakes that people make. That includes the dreadful mistake that these players have made.

Equally, we should be understanding of those that feel so strongly that the club should be taking stronger actions against these players. As I said, I believe the club should take a balanced approach - punish and support (I do think they were reintroduced too soon).

Nevertheless, many - way too many - have been affected by drink drivers, speeding drivers or by bad drivers. We - and the club - should be sympathetic to their views. And not knock them for it.

I hope anyone who feels they have to walk away now will find a way to return in the future... Maybe when we hear things from the club's perspective or, later, when the revolving door spins a few more times and new personnel come in to replace the wrong doers.

Best wishes. UTR ?

4 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

It's about what people believe in. I have no time for drink driving as it's taken the lives of so many innocents. Do i want to support a club who doesn't bat an eye lid to this incident? Absolutely not. 

Drink driving is disgusting.

Your post makes it sound as though you've been following Derby a long time - don't let a couple of individuals define your enjoyment of supporting the club, especially as both the police and internal investigations are still ongoing, you might feel differently this time next week or whenever they conlude.

I personally don't think they should have played tonight but that didn't stop me supporting the rest of the team.  Each to their own I guess.  We'll still be here if/when you return. 

COYR

Good to see all the reasonable comments on here to the OP(apart from one user), I was expecting a lot more negative comments. OP just take a break until Christmas or even till the end of the season then come back fresh for next season rather than losing interest in the club for good. You will come back a lot more refreshed, not like we will do anything this season anyway- we won’t finish top 6 or get relegated in my view.

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

Good to see all the reasonable comments on here to the OP(apart from one user), I was expecting a lot more negative comments. OP just take a break until Christmas or even till the end of the season then come back fresh for next season rather than losing interest in the club for good. You will come back a lot more refreshed, not like we will do anything this season anyway- we won’t finish top 6 or get relegated in my view.

Oh righteous one, I'm presuming you mean me, however, for your info I detest drink driving and I hope they get their just deserts, however all this bunkum flying around is tosh, mainly because we only drew tonight. All the snowflakes who are going to stop being fans are probably the same people that boo from the east stand at every opportunity, good riddance to rubbish fickle supporters.

17 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I pretty much thought that we stuck with the club through thick and thin.

Lawrence and Bennett will get their punishments and will have to live with the consequences of their actions for a very long time.

Whilst they work for this club I expect them to work for the benefit of the club,it's supporters and the community,not sit at home in their pants feeling sorry for themselves so I take the alternate view that the club are correct to get them out there doing their bloody jobs whilst considering their futures at the same time.

Can kind of see why you think that way but here’s a thought ,, mel has stood up to the EFL and has tried to push for fairer deal for clubs and more revolutionary thinking  ,,, why not rather than pay them to sit in their pants at home , Sue the arse of them for gross misconduct to recoup as much of wages and transfer fee losses as poss ? These scuzzy footballers ( not all but a fair few) have held all the cards for far too long and they are killing long standing/ suffering fans love for the game

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair play mate, all the best. Can’t believe what the club I love has turned into either tbh, but I can’t bring myself to not support the club. But I support the club, not these individuals who have let it down, or those deciding to allow them to play. 

I take my nephews to around 6-8 games a year .  There dad has no interest in football so it's been up to me to nurture an interest in the club I support for the last 7 years.   Following tonight's decision to play Pinky and the Brain I have been told they won't be going to games anymore. My sister-in-law got hit by a drunk driver 10 years ago and it took all my convincing that the club took it seriously etc etc over the tail end of last week. That went out the window tonight.  Thanks Derby.

Archived