Morris has bought shame on himself tonight

rammieib

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Deary me. Deary, deary me.

If Mel had blocked the decision to play them, people would be complaining that he’s meddling too much.

Now that Cocu has welcomed them back into the fold, I’m giving them my full support. He’s our manager and we owe him our backing. 

This is a completely different situation to when people were alleging that Mel was picking the team. We should have done what Sunderland did with Darron Gibson and suspended them until they’ve been seen in court. In fact Mel would have gotten more plaudits here for putting morality and ethics ahead of football, he certainly would have from one of his biggest critics like myself so I imagine lots of others would have felt the same. If we had plans of reintroducing them back into the team as soon as we have, Mel shouldn’t have said what he did the other day about the seriousness of drink driving, it makes him come across as a massive div

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Archied said:

Crass footballers behave like scuzzy morons yet walk straight back into the team just like that ;;; move along nothing to see here,

dont even in your wildest dreams think of promotion for Derby , the ethos at the club and dressing room  is rotten and I think we have felt that to be the case for quite some time now ,, a chance to draw a line ,stamp it out and set a new better standard has not only been missed the pxss poor level of professionalism has been backed and rewarded

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I am sure that 1 game ban by the club has really taught the pair of morons a lesson they will never forget..! 

Pathetic. 

You both seem to be assuming that they’re not kicking themselves for their stupidity. If they are as remorseful as I expect they are (which is itself an assumption), what’s the point in freezing them out? As I said earlier, rehabilitation is far more important than punishment. 

What I can say for certain is that Cocu knows far more about their current mentality than any of us. I doubt he would have played them tonight if they don’t give a duck. Plus, our captain and leader, Curtis Davies, has already said that they need to be welcomed back. I trust those who work with them day in, day out to understand their current headspace than fans who have never met them in their life.

1 minute ago, Sexydadbod said:

This is a completely different situation to when people were alleging that Mel was picking the team. We should have done what Sunderland did with Darron Gibson and suspended them until they’ve been seen in court. In fact Mel would have gotten more plaudits here for putting morality and ethics ahead of football, he certainly would have from one of his biggest critics like myself so I imagine lots of others would have felt the same. If we had plans of reintroducing them back into the team as soon as we have, Mel shouldn’t have said what he did the other day about the seriousness of drink driving, it makes him come across as a massive div

Difference of opinions. I’ve come round to MM a lot in recent months, but I’d be extremely unhappy if he had stopped Cocu doing what he thought was best for the team. The manager will live and die by his decisions, not the owner. 

If either Lawrence or Bennett enter a plea of not guilty or hire an expensive lawyer to plead mitigation they will bring themselves, the club and professional football into disrepute and should sever all connections with DCFC forthwith.

I was shocked that either of them was picked tonight but felt that the crowd were kinder than they might have been.

How many of us would expect to keep our jobs and salaries unaffected if we had behaved like them once they (finally) set foot outside the Joiners? (Especially if we nearly killed our team leader!)

As I see it there is a Hierachy of who has been let down the most by last week.

1. The players not involved in the pee up. (Their careers affected by their workmates antics adversely and peer trust).

2. Phillip Cocu and the coaching staff (Their careers affected by their subordinates and trust in their subordinates).

3. Mel Morris He owns and is the custodian of the football club He could sell up tomorrow and it not affect him adversely unlike the two above categories. However it will adversely effect his personal wealth.

4. Us Fans (Now as a member of this category I realise we all have our opinion but the above three didn't ask for last week to happen, these are the ones who need our considerable support if we are not to go backwards because of this. If we start going against them though this is what will happen.)Please remember that we could all walk away and go and do something else every matchday and it wouldn't matter much to any of us. But to the people above?

Saying Morris has bought shame on the club is BS nobody o/s Derby is bothered, it has already become chip wrapper.

3 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

If either Lawrence or Bennett enter a plea of not guilty or hire an expensive lawyer to plead mitigation they will bring themselves, the club and professional football into disrepute and should sever all connections with DCFC forthwith.

I don’t agree with all of this, but I’m with you in that I will be extremely disappointed if they try and wiggle their way out of the situation. I’ve been supportive of them in the last couple of days, mainly because I am assuming that they regret their actions. If they plea not guilty, then they clearly don’t care. 

4 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I was shocked that either of them was picked tonight but felt that the crowd were kinder than they might have been.

How many of us would expect to keep our jobs and salaries unaffected if we had behaved like them once they (finally) set foot outside the Joiners? (Especially if we nearly killed our team leader!)

Clearly Alfie didn't have to get in Lawrence's car, so I think that is his responsibility.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You both seem to be assuming that they’re not kicking themselves for their stupidity. If they are as remorseful as I expect they are (which is itself an assumption), what’s the point in freezing them out? As I said earlier, rehabilitation is far more important than punishment. 

What I can say for certain is that Cocu knows far more about their current mentality than any of us. I doubt he would have played them tonight if they don’t give a duck. Plus our captain and leader, Curtis Davies, has already said that they need to be welcomed back. I trust those who work with them day in, day out to understand their current headspace than fans who have never met them in their life.

I don’t give a stuff if they are kicking themselves and I don’t need to have met them in my life to know they are two stereotypical footballers behaving like scuzzy drunks taking their massive wages and shortchanging their employers with a pxss poor level of professionalism let alone the criminal element of it all ,

rehab follows the punishment otherwise why change ? 

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Difference of opinions. I’ve come round to MM a lot in recent months, but I’d be extremely unhappy if he had stopped Cocu doing what he thought was best for the team. The manager will live and die by his decisions, not the owner. 

Not that I disagree with the decision to bring them back into the team, but MM made a big play of apologising to the fans. He has talked about the Derby way, he is the owner of the club, the decision would have been taken by both him and PC, which is what it should have been. 

If people wish to vent their anger, they have every right to do this at both MM and PC.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t agree with all of this, but I’m with you in that I will be extremely disappointed if they try and wiggle their way out of the situation. I’ve been supportive of them in the last couple of days, mainly because I am assuming that they regret their actions. If they plea not guilty, then they clearly don’t care. 

So your assuming they regret their actions rather than regret getting caught ,, fair enough , me I will watch how it unfolds and what their behaviour is like going forward ,for now I will judge them on what they have shown

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

I don’t give a stuff if they are kicking themselves and I don’t need to have met them in my life to know they are two stereotypical footballers behaving like scuzzy drunks taking their massive wages and shortchanging their employers with a pxss poor level of professionalism let alone the criminal element of it all ,

rehab follows the punishment otherwise why change ? 

I despise their lack of professionalism and their criminal behaviour, but I’m a believer in rehabilitation. I also believe that punishment does not always have to precede rehabilitation. Judging by his decision to play them tonight, I’m assuming that Cocu believes the shame they brought upon themselves is sufficient to change their mindset and future behaviour.

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not that I disagree with the decision to bring them back into the team, but MM made a big play of apologising to the fans. He has talked about the Derby way, he is the owner of the club, the decision would have been taken by both him and PC, which is what it should have been. 

If people wish to vent their anger, they have every right to do this at both MM and PC.

Yep I’m pretty ,shocked with mel Morris, it’s like he’s had a bang on the head and gone batso ,where has the respected figure head of or club gone?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I despise their lack of professionalism and their criminal behaviour, but I’m a believer in rehabilitation. I also believe that punishment does not always have to precede rehabilitation. Judging by his decision to play them tonight, I’m assuming that Cocu believes the shame they brought upon themselves is sufficient to change their mindset and future behaviour.

Crack on then , why bother with the court case at all then?

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Yes, but they should also bear in mind that Morris and Cocu have a far better insight into how Lawrence and Bennett feel about their behaviour than the fans do. 

I don’t have a problem with people being unhappy, but I personally choose to support Cocu’s decision, which means I choose to support the two players involved.

Just now, Archied said:

Crack on then , why bother with the court case at all then?

Fair point. But, for me, the court case is external from the club. The club will know exactly what happened and, providing they don’t go to jail, the outcome of the case shouldn’t affect the club’s decisions.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yes, but they should also bear in mind that Morris and Cocu have a far better insight into how Lawrence and Bennett feel about their behaviour than the fans do. 

I don’t have a problem with people being unhappy, but I personally choose to support Cocu’s decision, which means I choose to support the two players involved.

Once again, I reiterate, I have no problem with the decision to bring them both back in, for me we are doing what’s best for the club on the field. Some other fans don’t though, and to say MM would have been interfering with team matters by stopping them playing is wrong.

I said this in the game thread, but would the people who are ashamed be so if they'd been stopped doing 50mph in a 30mph hour zone? Because speed is the single biggest determining factor of fatalities in RTA's.

Go and watch the Charlie George interview on RamsTv and see how he and Colin Gibson chuckle when he tells the story of falling asleep at the wheel when driving up the M1 to sign for Derby.

The courts will strip them of their license for at least 18-months, they'll get hit with big fines and their insurance will go up accordingly (and yeh, yeh they can probably afford it), but how many times do you want to find somebody guilty?

I lean toward wishing they hadn't played them if I'm being honest, but I think there's a tad too much hysteria and holier than thou attitudes.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I lean toward wishing they hadn't played them if I'm being honest, but I think there's a tad too much hysteria and holier than thou attitudes.

Agree.

I personally don't think they should have played until both the police and club investigations had concluded but technically they are innocent until proved guilty so don't feel as though MM has bought shame on himself/the club/whatever.

Archived