If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Move them on in January to anyone who'll take them then boo them when they come and play for their new clubs. In the case of Bennett, that's only likely if we are relegated or get them in the cup.

By 'them', you are referring to Burton aren't you?

Would I boo them if they played this week....absolutely.  

Would I boo Rooney, no, he wasn’t wearing a Derby shirt and besmirching our name when he did his act. 

Am I less of a supporter for booing....no, and you can sod right off if you think I am.

Being a supporter doesn’t mean I have to blindly agree with every act of the club or players. 

I booed and protested the 3 amigos, was I less of a supporter of the club then...no, actually I felt more of one than those who sat quietly by and did nothing. 

Two players have committed what I view as very serious crimes and AS OF YET have made no recompense or restitution for them. So they are Currently not fit to wear the shirt more than any player we’ve had in recent history. So, if the club play them, I’ll boo. 

25 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Do you think they deserve to be booed?

I never boo a player unless he plays for Leeds or Forest, but I would make an exception for these two.

In my opinion they should never pull on a Derby shirt again 

Booing would negatively affect them and possibly the team, I think it wouldn’t be right. However, if they had killed someone (Lee Hughes) I think booing or not attending the game would be understandable. But maybe everyone has a different opinion. I hope they would be out the team for longer. I would rather have Jozefzoon at the moment. 

They will play for us again, Davies (and for that matter, the club statement) pretty much confirmed they will be integrated back in to the team alongside helping them mentally and obviously making them do community work etc.

If our players, management and owner are willing to give them another chance then so will I.

3 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Would I boo Rooney, no, he wasn’t wearing a Derby shirt and besmirching our name when he did his act. 

Am I less of a supporter for booing....no, and you can sod right off if you think I am.

Being a supporter doesn’t mean I have to blindly agree with every act of the club or players. 

I booed and protested the 3 amigos, was I less of a supporter of the club then...no, actually I felt more of one than those who sat quietly by and did nothing. 

Two players have committed what I view as very serious crimes and AS OF YET have made no recompense or restitution for them. So they are Currently not fit to wear the shirt more than any player we’ve had in recent history. So, if the club play them, I’ll boo. 

Just how are you supporting the team when you boo it's players?  It's not done to help the team win a game, so clearly it's not supportive.  Can't have it both ways, you either support the team or you don't and if you don't then admit it, don't get all self righteous about what a good supporter you are and your rights to boo and hurt the club. 

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

They will play for us again, Davies (and for that matter, the club statement) pretty much confirmed they will be integrated back in to the team alongside helping them mentally and obviously making them do community work etc.

If our players, management and owner are willing to give them another chance then so will I.

In the same way Winston Smith was reintegrated?

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Reintegrated into the squad and training doesn't mean they will play for us though. 

If I couldn't muster up the rage to boo Robbie Savage, I doubt I'll manage to for Keogh, Lawrence or Bennett.

Keogh - for all his silly decisions over the years, has always been committed and dedicated, and until now, appeared to conduct himself professionally.

Lawrence - most talented player Derby own, and could/should be dominating this division, clearly his head isn't right, we need to coax out the football genius and see his true capability.

Bennett - massive handful and does make things happen, sadly the goals/assists don't back up the trouble he causes the opposition, but with his strength, power, pace and decent technique, like Lawrence, has the potential to be a force at this level.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Lawrence - most talented player Derby own, and could/should be dominating this division, clearly his head isn't right, we need to coax out the football genius and see his true capability.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard and all that.

14 minutes ago, England Ram said:

I don't think Cocu should or will play them but if he did, I certainly wouldn't boo them. I would never boo any Derby player even if he was a die hard Forest or Leeds player. I might not clap too too vigorously (or at all) but I certainly wouldn't boo - what exactly would that achieve? 

With regard to them not yet making any recompense etc. well, I suspect they've been told to say nothing until after the court cases which would make absolute sense.

20 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Ironically, the same people saying we shouldn't be judging the 3 players for the incident, believe they should judge fans who choose to vent their displeasure about it. 

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't believe they should play until after their court appearances. The outcome of that should dictate how they are handled from then on. Until then they should sit down, keep their mouths shut and work on being better people.

Possibly the most sensible post I've seen on this subject. 

2 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard and all that.

too true. Hoping some of the Rooney ethic rubs off on Lawrence, who does work quite hard to be fair, but doesn't work clever. This SHOULD be the thing that focuses him to not waste his talent.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have an issue with this. When is he supposed to have demonstrated said talent? He loves a step over and pointless skill moves, does that make him talented? 

I think players like Bogle, Lowe, Marriott, Martin are all more talented footballers than him, and actually can show it on the pitch.

Archived