If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, IslandExile said:

"extravagant lifestyle"? Getting drunk in a pub.

The real wrong was driving a car while under the influence. Very, very wrong.

But, as others have pointed out, a wrong done by others including the heroes of the 70s and 90s, Jody Morris and then, in addition, Rooney has made a few headlines. Did you/will you take a similar stance over them?

Ill eat mi pit helmet if Rooney ever wears a Derby shirt....

In my opinion there is no way we will see them playing before the court date. They will be training yes, especially in Lawrence’s case with reports of his struggles,  just to get them back into some kind of routine and normality. If someone is struggling with depression, mental health issues the last thing to do is make them feel more isolated. Get them training and keep an eye on them. With regards to what happens after the case is anyone’s guess. Bennett is an easy one, if someone will take him let him go, no massive impact on FFP and to no real detriment to the team. Lawrence is a little tougher as anyone who would take a chance on him won’t want to pay anywhere near his value if anything at all, there is no doubt there is a player in there somewhere. Reintroduce him get him playing to his potential, this could be the making of him. Finally Keogh is different, out for 15-16 months, will probably be released at the end of his contract and sign for a lower league club. 

6 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In my opinion there is no way we will see them playing before the court date. They will be training yes, especially in Lawrence’s case with reports of his struggles,  just to get them back into some kind of routine and normality. If someone is struggling with depression, mental health issues the last thing to do is make them feel more isolated. Get them training and keep an eye on them. With regards to what happens after the case is anyone’s guess. Bennett is an easy one, if someone will take him let him go, no massive impact on FFP and to no real detriment to the team. Lawrence is a little tougher as anyone who would take a chance on him won’t want to pay anywhere near his value if anything at all, there is no doubt there is a player in there somewhere. Reintroduce him get him playing to his potential, this could be the making of him. Finally Keogh is different, out for 15-16 months, will probably be released at the end of his contract and sign for a lower league club. 

I think its best for Lawrences mental state if he has a couple months of the pitch personally, It'll do him a world of good if he has a break from matches.

I hope he gets better I do because you can tell he's lacking confidence and the morale he needs to perform.

If he does play I tell you know I will support him, regardless of his silly mistake. 

Wow, I have been accused of being a happy clapper in the past but how anyone can say they will support the decision to play them is beyond me.

It won't happen anyway, but that really shows a lack of brains amongst some of our fans.

4 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Don't play 'em!

Don't pay 'em!

Don't back 'em

Just sack 'em!

Bit harsh but time will tell. Perhaps a few Lawrence hat-tricks or Bennett game-changers could help, bur genuine remorse and apologies by them would be a start!

Yeah....and in the last 100 years how many times have those things actually happened..??

they won’t play, not really because of what happened just because Big Phil knows they are both poo. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Wow, I have been accused of being a happy clapper in the past but how anyone can say they will support the decision to play them is beyond me.

It won't happen anyway, but that really shows a lack of brains amongst some of our fans.

It doesn’t show a “lack of brains” at all. Some people are saying that should the club choose to introduce them back into the fold they would support this decision. As I previously said, they haven’t let me down, therefore if the club feel the time is right to bring them back, so be it, if they don’t, once again I’d back that call.

If this happens and you don’t feel it’s the right call, surely your issue is with the people that made the decision, not those who have said they would support it. 

On 01/10/2019 at 13:10, Chester40 said:

'Assumed' their guilt...if I was their lawyer that would not be my train of thought!

Was the paperwork completed correctly, were they read their rights/advised properly, was the officer up to date with recent testing training, were their drinks spiked, had the equipment been recently tested for accuracy, was the result tainted in any way that could render it debatable....

They haven't come out and admitted their guilt yet have they?

Do you really think they were not correctly advised of their rights and all the paperwork would have been completed to the last full stop.

They will have been advised by their legal teams to make no comment of the events of the night, there may be far more into the circumstances of what is public so far , they are not going to admit their guilt at this point but i imagine they will to the magistrates and as for that old chestnut of intoximeter machines not being calibrated properly that's why Two readings are taken, One at the scene and One at the police station. Don't talk cobblers and try to defend their guilt it doesn't wash.

I haven't seen anywhere in the media they are suing the police / press for wrong reporting of the facts

By the way claiming your drink has been spiked is not a defence

On 01/10/2019 at 13:10, Chester40 said:

21 hours ago, ramit said:

A team performs as a unit, booing those two players hurts the team.  If it disturbs the players being booed their game will be affected, which in turn affects the whole team's performance.  True, this is not an ordinary situation, the whole club has been badly affected by this shameful episode.  Listen, i understand your anger, i share it to some extent, but i don't feel that during a game is the right time to exhibit it.  No one is demanding that you need to cheer them on.  Don't think this will become an issue though, would be very disappointed in Cocu if those two players appear for the club in the coming game or indeed the next after.

I am sure Cocu is fully aware of the adverse effect playing these two would have on the team, people want to show their displeasure at what these two have done but don't have any other way to show it except when they walk onto the pitch but the rest of the team would know exactly why booing was taking place and it wasn't directed at the team as a whole

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They will have been advised by their legal teams to make no comment of the events of the night, there may be far more into the circumstances of what is public so far , they are not going to admit their guilt at this point but i imagine they will to the magistrates and as for that old chestnut of intoximeter machines not being calibrated properly that's why Two readings are taken, One at the scene and One at the police station. Don't talk cobblers and try to defend their guilt it doesn't wash.

I haven't seen anywhere in the media they are suing the police / press for wrong reporting of the facts

By the way claiming your drink has been spiked is not a defence

Agree, if they tried to enter some defence along those lines i would be shocked . If they actually got away with it because of some loophole i would be disgusted in a system that allows the rich to do so.

I think they will plead guilty as a not guilty plea will probably see a greater punishment.

Archived