Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Been to Lake Garda three times (driven there with overnight stops in Southern Germany going and Luxembourg coming back) and would recommend it. Verona is an easy drive for a day trip and Venice not too bad (driven there and also caught the train from Peschiera)

Did you do hotel, apartment or Villa. Flights are really cheap but the accommodation is varied. We would prefer a Villa with a pool but not too many options. Car hire is essential I guess?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Did you do hotel, apartment or Villa. Flights are really cheap but the accommodation is varied. We would prefer a Villa with a pool but not too many options. Car hire is essential I guess?

We've actually gone with Eurocamp. Still do even though it's only me and my wife now as we like having plenty of space and it's more affordable/less busy if you can avoid school holidays. I would say car hire is a must in order to explore the area. Driven all the way around the lake twice.

17 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

We do Hotels, but a lot of Germans go to Lake Garda and have a thing about camping, so there are loads of campsites. Staying around the lake area we go by bus or ferry. Parking is "tricky" apparently although quietens down a bit in September. 

20 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We've actually gone with Eurocamp. Still do even though it's only me and my wife now as we like having plenty of space and it's more affordable/less busy if you can avoid school holidays. I would say car hire is a must in order to explore the area. Driven all the way around the lake twice.

We did Eurocamp at Lake Garda in a static caravan - it was Weekend camp site. Amazing place, the food in the camp restaurant was brilliant. I’d definitely recommend it.

On 30/09/2019 at 19:51, Angry Ram said:

Italian lakes next year.. Still to book.

Como or Garda anyone?

Been to both. Garda bigger and more to do, easy trip to Verona if you are near the bottom of the lake. Amazing place with loads of options. We are looking at going again in 2020. Stayed at Peschiera del Garda last time and that's a great spot.

Went to Como 10 years ago. More stunning and isolated, felt like Lake district with amazing weather. A lot quieter and less options, but scenery wise it's amazing. Near ish to Milan, we went to the San Siro and watched Inter.

We have kids now so personally Garda is the better option, but Como is also amazing.

It's a nice choice tbf

Archived