Holiday plans 2020

Boycie

Finally got my TUI deposit back after 4 months after several phone calls. Strange thing is they didn't tell me. Just saw the credit on my card.

Cruise money still outstanding after 5 months, but apparently its coming end of September. 

3 days in York doesn't have quite the attraction of a week in Lake Garda next week.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Finally got my TUI deposit back after 4 months after several phone calls. Strange thing is they didn't tell me. Just saw the credit on my card.

Cruise money still outstanding after 5 months, but apparently its coming end of September. 

3 days in York doesn't have quite the attraction of a week in Lake Garda next week.

I got my Ryannair refund yesterday for my March flight

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays quote 120 days (but often go beyond that). Our trip to Florida was cancelled in May so I should still be waiting for my refund but I did a chargeback through my credit card and received a refund about 30 days later.

Hoping for three weeks in France next year: Loire, then drive down to the Dordogne then back up to the Vendee.

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

That was my next step. 

NatWest was a very simple online form. They said 45 working days but it didn't take that long. I have since had the refund transferred from my credit card which could be important. If you use your credit card to make purchase whilst your credit card account is in credit you don't get the same protection.

My daughter found Tesco equally quick and easy.

Don't forget though, the seller can challenge the chargeback (they have up to 45 working days I think) so, don't spend the refund on something else straight away. 

10 hours ago, FindernRam said:

York is a great place. If you haven't been to the Black Swan before, the Old Peculiar on tap is dreamy. And the food in there is great. Big yorkshire puddings and lovely pies.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

York is a great place. If you haven't been to the Black Swan before, the Old Peculiar on tap is dreamy. And the food in there is great. Big yorkshire puddings and lovely pies.

Thanks for that. That's actually the plan! Railway museum first then lunch then 'her indoors' gets to pick afternoon jaunt as long as it doesn't include shopping. Thought if it was wet might try Jorvik but I guess you have to book in advance.

27 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Thanks for that. That's actually the plan! Railway museum first then lunch then 'her indoors' gets to pick afternoon jaunt as long as it doesn't include shopping. Thought if it was wet might try Jorvik but I guess you have to book in advance.

In normal times, booking in advance is best as queues are long. York Castle Museum is good, big area of recreated Medieval streets. Walking rounds the walls is really good, especially from Micklegate then past station and Minster. Pub crawl round the city is the best thing to do though, so many good pubs.

38 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I think the Dungeon is better than Yorvik which is for kids/families IMO.

Maltings pub near the train station is very good loads of beers and great cheesy chips. The best pub is House of Trembling Madness on Stonegate. Belgium beer shop with a medieval banqueting room and bar above. It has a satellite bar nearby which is also decent.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

talk of putting Greece on the quarantine list. Guess who is flying to a Greek Island tomorrow!!

are you able to easily self isolate when you get back,  wfh etc? 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yeah. I’m currently unemployed ?

Sorry to hear that,  but hopefully you can get out there and enjoy. 

1 minute ago, David said:

First holiday abroad since I was....erm 18 maybe, so 20 years. 

Majorca next month for a week.

Would never have booked it sober, but you know, everything is a great idea when you’re several pints down. 

Not sure what the weather is like, but holidays are generally awesome. Hope you feel the benefit. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

First holiday abroad since I was....erm 18 maybe, so 20 years. 

Majorca next month for a week.

Would never have booked it sober, but you know, everything is a great idea when you’re several pints down. 

I hope your insurance will still be valid given Spain is still on the FCO “essential travel only” list last time I checked.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure what the weather is like, but holidays are generally awesome. Hope you feel the benefit. 

Average 24c apparently, I can handle that, the flying has me a little on edge. Paid the upgrade for extra legroom, picked out seats at the front to make it easier. 

Few drinks on the train up to Manchester Airport and I’ll feel like superman again and offer to fly plane myself ?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I hope your insurance will still be valid given Spain is still on the FCO “essential travel only” list last time I checked.

Haven’t got any insurance yet. We booked it a while back before they got whacked on the essential travel list, wouldn’t have done it now

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hope you have a great time Mostyn and that it’s a springboard to a happier future.

I think we all need a break, whether that’s in Vegas or Cleethorpes.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Hope you have a great time Mostyn and that it’s a springboard to a happier future.

I think we all need a break, whether that’s in Vegas or Cleethorpes.

I always do, Stalis is my second home. Think this is my 14th time there in 16 years. It’s got everything i could want from a holiday within a half hour drive/walk/ride. 

Archived