Birkir Bjarnason - Joined Al-Arabi

JfR

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

A free agent who can score goals, tracks back, works his socks off, technically sound, good passer, great engine.  Why isn't he already here?

Playing for a contract tho…...

Watch us sign him only for him to reveal his true self - underneath his "slim man" corset he's a 15 stone lard who can only run 3k per game at a slow jog and hasn't scored in the league since 2011...….

?

(#madeupnonsense, any resemblance to actual facts either historic or contemporaneous is entirely coincidental) 

30 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Playing for a contract tho…...

Watch us sign him only for him to reveal his true self - underneath his "slim man" corset he's a 15 stone lard who can only run 3k per game at a slow jog and hasn't scored in the league since 2011...….

?

(#madeupnonsense, any resemblance to actual facts either historic or contemporaneous is entirely coincidental) 

Another Chris Martin thread, enough already 

Would assume that these international games was his chance to let clubs know he is fit and ready to play. After concentrating in these two games, next logical move is the contract negotiations. Another assumption is that there is more than one club eager for his services.

And what comes to his footballing ability, I'd like to see more tattoos and proper beard. If he could commit to those, I'd sign him. At the moment tho, the looks are bit too fancy for my liking.

16 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You're describing me! ?

14 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Pretty sure he has a deal lines up with Stoke but it he's keeping an eye on the situation with regard to the manger. Would love him at Derby but seems we are second choice.

Don’t stoke already have about 30 midfielders? - seriously why would anybody go there - wait a minute 6 games a season £20,000 or more a week and a 4 year contract 

There is local media talk of Birkir joining up with former Cardiff midfielder Aron Gunnarsson and former national coach Heimir Hallgrímsson at  Al-Arabi in Qatar.  i would be very disappointed if he does this, to me it would display a lack of ambition.  He failed to prove himself at Villa, granted they didn't give him much of a chance, but he needs to prove that he can cut it in this division and should be happy to have that chance.  Going to Qatar would say to his fans that he is only about the money.  Aron had already proven himself and is older so he IMO has a more valid reason for cashing in on his last years in football than Birkir has.

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

There is local media talk of Birkir joining up with former Cardiff midfielder Aron Gunnarsson and former national coach Heimir Hallgrímsson at  Al-Arabi in Qatar.  i would be very disappointed if he does this, to me it would display a lack of ambition.  He failed to prove himself at Villa, granted they didn't give him much of a chance, but he needs to prove that he can cut it in this division and should be happy to have that chance.  Going to Qatar would say to his fans that he is only about the money.  Aron had already proven himself and is older so he IMO has a more valid reason for cashing in on his last years in football than Birkir has.

You should have a word with him.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At 31 I don't blame him for chasing 1 last big pay day

Don’t blame him, but if he truly loves the game, he stays where the proper football is- I’m sure the pay ain’t insignificant over here! Don’t need players that are motivated solely by money in our team.

Archived