Birkir Bjarnason - Joined Al-Arabi

JfR

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Could we see him as a short-mid term Lawrence/Josefzoon replacement then? I had it in my head played at centre mid, for some reason. 

He did play there pretty much whenever I saw him for Villa.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Can we sign him and learn to do the thunderclap to make him feel at home? ?

Based on the timing of the claps during Steve Bloomer's Watching; a Pride Park thunderclap would just be a round of applause.

Not a player i know, but doesn't tick the boxes for me due to his age, and the only available evidence seeming to show a winger who cuts inside to shoot. Please can we have a different type of player whose priority is to go for the line and provide assists. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Based on the timing of the claps during Steve Bloomer's Watching; a Pride Park thunderclap would just be a round of applause.

The roar of "Hoo" won't be to do with the Thunderclap, it will be Ramage's dismay when he realises he has to pronounce his name.

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

You missed getting to the bye line and cutting it back for Martin or an advancing midfielder to tap in 

yes he was a real assist king ....lol .....2 in his last season and 4 the season before mainly because he wasn't really a winger.....

He always looked absolutely quality for Iceland and my lad picked him out as his favourite player from the last Euros. We’ve kept an eye on his career since, which seemed to stall at Villa, due to him being part of a group of many that they signed in one go.

(My wife is also quite keen on him too, for other reasons...)

Seen a video interview with Birkir and read a couple of interviews in the online papers.  Asked if he prefers to play in England, said he is open to all possibilities but the wording was such that i understand it to mean he would prefer playing in England.  Admitted he is in discussion with Stoke and Derby but the right offer has not been made as of yet.  Says he is in no hurry but also says he will make his mind up after the two internationals coming up on October 11 and 14. 

Archived