Curtis Davies

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just said in another thread he’s the consummate professional. Given what we’ve just gone through this past week we need to forget the ‘fancy dan’s’ strip it back to basic and let the seasoned professional lead from the front. If Curtis is up for it & good to go then give him the reins and let him take us forward. Many of us have questioned the morals of today’s footballers this week and in light of this Curtis Davies is the man to restore our faith. He’s waited patiently long enough, his time is now. 

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Cocu stated he has struggled with the style of football after his injury and said he doesn’t usually single out praise for players, but he did for Curtis today. 

He described his performance as special and I have to agree. 

I found Cocu's comments about getting Davies to adapt to the style of play very interesting. Previously, he's only shown limited ability on the ball, but he was quite expansive today and to good effect. Let's hope it continues.

I like Curtis a lot. Brings a real air of confidence to the back four. It's why him and Keogh worked so well back in the day, Curtis calm, Keogh all action. Let's hope he can stay fit and form a strong partnership with Bielik (who I'd still prefer to see in midfield but needs must)

Good to see Curtis back for us today, never missed a header all game, giving confidence and encouraging everyone around him, if he can stay fit, think he will be a very important player this season, also think Bielik will learn a hell of a lot from him, think Davis could make a great coach/manager one day, great attitude, and a true professional.

He is great, thought between him, Roos and Bielik there were a few hairy moments playing it out but as a defender there is not much better at this level. He played one amazing ball out to Lowe which created a chance I think.

His leadership is also exemplary. The way he went over to Knight as he came on was great and a brilliant interview. Could tell he was pissed off at events this week but incredibly professional 

Hats off to the man!! What a calming presence and leader for our young defenders to work with and learn from. May not be the quickest or look the most comfortable ball carrier but boy can he defend! And gave first class post match interview to RD! 

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Just said in another thread he’s the consummate professional. Given what we’ve just gone through this past week we need to forget the ‘fancy dan’s’ strip it back to basic and let the seasoned professional lead from the front. If Curtis is up for it & good to go then give him the reins and let him take us forward. Many of us have questioned the morals of today’s footballers this week and in light of this Curtis Davies is the man to restore our faith. He’s waited patiently long enough, his time is now. 

Yes absolutely,  a captain who can a great job on the pitch, and speak coherently and intelligently (RD after match interview), how refreshing.

Stay fit Curtis, we need you. 

My hero today. Been out the picture for a while and could easily have given up on getting a chance here. But no he’s obviously worked hard in training to adjust to the managers style, and when he got the chance, he took it! He was exactly what we needed after the week we’ve been through, a captain on the pitch we can get behind as fans, who leads by example, and a commanding presence who helped drag a squad no doubt shook by the weeks events into getting three points on the board and giving the fans something to cheer about. A proper pro, exactly what we needed to see after the week that’s gone by. Great to hear him on radio Derby as well, he’s very articulate about the game, he must be a great player to be talking to players in the match. Glad we still have him at the club, his experience may be exactly what we need in the team right now.

His actual performance was excellent too. Must admit I was concerned by his form pre season/ in the cups thought the injury had finished him. But he looked back to his best today, imperious in defence in a makeshift back 4, and actually far better on the ball than he has been. Obviously been working on it with cocu. Only really not in the running for MOM because Paterson and Martin were phenomenal. The management staff must be so glad to have him Available to ease concerns a bit in the aftermath of this week.

Think this club needs a Curtis Davies right now. For me, he can play every game and wear that captains armband for the rest of the season. A class act on and off the pitch. Don’t care if he can or can’t pass it about - his other qualities are desperately needed right now. Think he mentioned the word character about 5 times in his post-match interview. He’s the man who can help restore it. 

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Think this club needs a Curtis Davies right now. For me, he can play every game and wear that captains armband for the rest of the season. A class act on and off the pitch. Don’t care if he can or can’t pass it about - his other qualities are desperately needed right now. Think he mentioned the word character about 5 times in his post-match interview. He’s the man who can help restore it. 

Well said indeed.

17 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Cocu stated he has struggled with the style of football after his injury and said he doesn’t usually single out praise for players, but he did for Curtis today. 

He described his performance as special and I have to agree. 

I agree and said similar in the week in terms of his return and how he managed Mitrovic in the home game during play offs

Archived