Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Doubt it, I read it as the "mystery" passenger jumped into Bennetts car afterwards

I hope that is the case, makes you wonder why Lawrence didn't go with Bennett as well? Also, would dispel the panic & shock factor if they stopped & let mystery passenger number 4 swap cars

38 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Add to the fact that we're all here judging their actions from the night in our (hopefully!) non drunk, non panicking states.

What makes sense to us now (and probably to them too now they're thinking straight) may not be the same as what made sense to them on the night.

We can ask as many questions as we like about 'why did they do this?' but we'll probably never understand, and it's also possible that they're thinking exactly the same thing as us now, wondering why did they do what they did?

Modern Cars, such as Range Rovers (I have one) will notify the emergency services of an accident, the car will dial in automatically when a collision happens, you have a chance to respond, as say all is ok, if no answer the emergency services attend.

This would have happened on the night.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I hope that is the case, makes you wonder why Lawrence didn't go with Bennett as well? Also, would dispel the panic & shock factor if they stopped & let mystery passenger number 4 swap cars

Judge said passenger(s) maybe Bennetts car was full and no room for Lawrence? Speculating of course ?

1 minute ago, MacRam said:

Modern Cars, such as Range Rovers (I have one) will notify the emergency services of an accident, the car will dial in automatically when a collision happens, you have a chance to respond, as say all is ok, if no answer the emergency services attend.

This would have happened on the night.

...'errr.....nope, must've knocked a buttshhhhon.. hic..but everything is a-ok alright, thank you for asking... Bye... Bye.. bye bye... Bye.. bye ...  think we got away with that'.. 

2 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Judge said passenger(s) maybe Bennetts car was full and no room for Lawrence? Speculating of course ?

So they just smashed their cars up, realise they in deep poo for DD, and are ready for the getaway.

MB then says to TL, sorry mate I have 4 passengers, not enough room for you, don’t want to break the law and all that ?

Given their actions on that night, I wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility though ?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Got off light there in my opinion.

Hope others at the club take note of this and realise if they are stupid enough to get themselves involved in something like this that they may not be as lucky.

They might kill someone & their sentence could be much harsher.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

is that like 260 hours community service now coupled with what the club made them do too?

Yeah - although the club statement reads 80 hours of community service and rehabilitation.

I hope that means the Rehab is separate to the 80 hours of community service, but it could be a combination.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Day in the spotlight for a minor judge - that may work against them.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To me that sounds fair.

I know - and understand - that some of you wanted custodial sentences but I would fear for Lawrence the state that he's in.

I know, Keogh is also in a bad state and it could have been even worse but...

punish and support, eh?

Archived