Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is there a mystery 5th person involved? There is Lawrence & Bennett driving, Keogh & another were injured passengers in Lawrence's car but the telegraph live feed states that when the crash happened Bennett panicked and drove away with another team mate?

Doubt it, I read it as the "mystery" passenger jumped into Bennetts car afterwards

57 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Actually Mason, all the preceding pints of Peroni with a Jagerbomb on top would of been why you threw up, pretty sure no one gets sick on a single Jagerbomb. Why does this come across as trying to make out "if I hadn't had a jagerbomb...I would of been fine"  Try to be honest here, "I got totally w*nkered on loads of booze and acted like a moron"  Rant Over.

not excusing or suggesting this is the truth in this case, but I know hardcore drinkers who chunder at the sniff of Jagermeister!

As much as I love my club and have defended it through thick and thin everywhere I go, I think the judge needs to hand a custodial sentence to ?Bennett here. Many are watching this case and the outcome will send a message out across the country -- that message needs to be strong and clear. 

Really hate to say it but that's how I feel.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not excusing or suggesting this is the truth in this case, but I know hardcore drinkers who chunder at the sniff of Jagermeister!

Aye - Jager is made to me drunk after a meal, not in the more common british usage of bombs in the middle of a binge ? 

It makes a lot of people throw up if their stomach is empty / only contains other drinks. Food after doesn't help a great deal either.

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Seems a lot of us are putting 2+2 together and guessing at the answer....and chance we can get detective Colleen on the case to help us !!

"It's been tough keeping this to myself and not making any comment at all, especially with the stories in the media. Now I know for certain which individual spiked Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence's panda pops.

It's........................................... Rebekah Vardy."

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Or 3 - That's how many Bennett said he'd had on camera wasn't it?

By midnight most days my phone has run out of battery - If I was in an accident at that time of night I might have to go for help

I think everyone is jumping on the worst case scenario here that they ditched their mates and legged it - But in that scenario I'm not sure why they'd both leg it in different directions? I'd be all over that theory if they both got in the car together and did a runner - But the indication coming from the info out of the court is that they went separately which suggests to me they were trying to do something proactive 

More than were the words.  3 pints was put forward as a 'your a lightweight ' bit of Tom- foolery

1 minute ago, Dale The Ram said:

Doubt it, I read it as the "mystery" passenger jumped into Bennetts car afterwards

I'm sure another tweet said they left Keogh and the other passenger, so I assume it's a different person.

I don't think it really matters though to be honest, and I don't think we need to know who the other passengers were, they were not driving (so probably had little say in what happened after the crash) and they were seemingly not particularly injured (we've not heard much on any other injuries so I assume they were not serious).

If they were players of ours then they should thank their lucky stars that they weren't seriously injured after making the bad decision to get into cars with drivers who had been drinking and the club will have dealt with it behind closed doors and that should be the end of the matter as far as the other passengers are concerned.

Archived