Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I have a friend who retches when someone even wafts jager near him - He can't do any spirits at all - If you gave him one after half a pint he'd throw up

When I have a jaegerbomb, it sometimes comes straight back up for no apparent reason. This is usually after having a few drinks beforehand mind, but nowhere near the level required to be ill.

However, when it happens to me, I just get rid of the contents, get some chewing gum and crack on. The fact that Bennett seemed pissed up and was swaying suggests that the beer he had beforehand played a far bigger role than the jaeger.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, erathirea said:

Question:

If you were in a car accident, at approximately midnight, and your phone was dead. What would you do?

Sit around and hope someone comes by? Or think "there's a garage a mile away where I can borrow a phone"?

Going back to those readings. Could quite easily be 2 pints, considering their metabolisms.

Or 3 - That's how many Bennett said he'd had on camera wasn't it?

By midnight most days my phone has run out of battery - If I was in an accident at that time of night I might have to go for help

I think everyone is jumping on the worst case scenario here that they ditched their mates and legged it - But in that scenario I'm not sure why they'd both leg it in different directions? I'd be all over that theory if they both got in the car together and did a runner - But the indication coming from the info out of the court is that they went separately which suggests to me they were trying to do something proactive 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

When I have a jaegerbomb, it sometimes comes straight back up for no apparent reason. This is usually after having a few drinks beforehand mind, but nowhere near the level required to be ill.

However, when it happens to me, I just get rid of the contents, get some chewing gum and crack on. The fact that Bennett seemed pissed up and was swaying suggests that the beer he had beforehand played a far bigger role than the jaeger.

Oh I completely agree - Just saying that some people puke after a single spirit regardless of how drunk they might be

if he had gone to the garage to get help his solicitor would of stated the evidence of

due to his phone dying he ran to the garage to get help and returned as soon as possible, to try to mitigate the affect of already pleading guilty of leaving a scene of an accident

Just now, cheron85 said:

By midnight most days my phone has run out of battery - If I was in an accident at that time of night I might have to go for help

I think everyone is jumping on the worst case scenario here that they ditched their mates and legged it - But in that scenario I'm not sure why they'd both leg it in different directions? I'd be all over that theory if they both got in the car together and did a runner - But the indication coming from the info out of the court is that they went separately which suggests to me they were trying to do something proactive 

Whilst I think they are doing something proactive, I believe it was more to do with covering their actions rather than a call for help.

If it wasn’t, then I’m sure the courts would have mentioned it as mitigating circumstance.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I think they are doing something proactive, I believe it was more to do with covering their actions rather than a call for help.

If it wasn’t, then I’m sure the courts would have mentioned it as mitigating circumstance.

We don't know yet - The court won't announce something like that until sentencing 

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Add to the fact that we're all here judging their actions from the night in our (hopefully!) non drunk, non panicking states.

What makes sense to us now (and probably to them too now they're thinking straight) may not be the same as what made sense to them on the night.

We can ask as many questions as we like about 'why did they do this?' but we'll probably never understand, and it's also possible that they're thinking exactly the same thing as us now, wondering why did they do what they did?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If they were trying to be helpful (proactive) surely it would of gone...."Mason, drop me at the garage and you go get the medical kit or whatever" rather than i'll just run a mile up hill and back. Plus between the four of them they would have had a mobile that wasn't dead??  I reckon Bennett (not the sharpest of minds if we are led to believe) just buggered off and Lawrence went to get the tow truck and some coffee and then rang Bennett telling him to get the frig back....just my opinion obviously ?

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We don't know what happened at that point so difficult to speculate - I've seen no indication that the '4th person' was injured in the incident - It's perfectly possible he was left to look after Keogh while the others went for help? Lawrence walking to the garage to ring the emergency services, Bennett back to Lawrence's gaff to get first aid stuff? We don't know the details of the incident well enough to judge one way or the other

@David or other mods please feel free to delete if this is too speculative - I don't think anyone on here thinks my random blathering is worth spreading anywhere else

“Lawrence had been driving his car and Bennett had been driving his own. Lawrence was carrying two passengers and one was treated at the roadside for a facial injury.” - DET

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

We don't know yet - The court won't announce something like that until sentencing 

Think your clutching at straws, the details of the crime they have committed has been presented to the courts. Had they been trying to get in touch with and emergency services it would have been reported, yet instead it was stated that they both left the scene returning 45 minutes later and the police were already there.

They have also both pleaded guilty to failing to stop at a scene of a crime, if your phone is dead and you have gone to get help, why would you plead guilty ?

We shall see though as you say in the sentencing, think I’d like you on a jury if I had ever done something wrong ? (only joking please don’t take offence)

4 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

If they were trying to be helpful (proactive) surely it would of gone...."Mason, drop me at the garage and you go get the medical kit or whatever" rather than i'll just run a mile up hill and back. Plus between the four of them they would have had a mobile that wasn't dead??  I reckon Bennett (not the sharpest of minds if we are led to believe) just buggered off and Lawrence went to get the tow truck and some coffee and then rang Bennett telling him to get the frig back....just my opinion obviously ?

We're speculating with the benefit of a logical mind and not in a state of panic

They were at a cross-roads by most accounts and may have thought the garage was much closer than it was - Most phones have a passcode to unlock and if the passengers were unconscious the drivers wouldn't be able to unlock them

I don't know what happened and I don't pretend any of the idiots are innocents in this - They need to be held to account in a major way - But I also don't think we should assume anything when there are various possibilities based on the limited evidence we've heard

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

“Lawrence had been driving his car and Bennett had been driving his own. Lawrence was carrying two passengers and one was treated at the roadside for a facial injury.” - DET

Yeh, already been corrected on that one ? 

Just now, cheron85 said:

We're speculating with the benefit of a logical mind and not in a state of panic

They were at a cross-roads by most accounts and may have thought the garage was much closer than it was - Most phones have a passcode to unlock and if the passengers were unconscious the drivers wouldn't be able to unlock them

I don't know what happened and I don't pretend any of the idiots are innocents in this - They need to be held to account in a major way - But I also don't think we should assume anything when there are various possibilities based on the limited evidence we've heard

Yeh, already been corrected on that one ? 

I mean the garage pretty much has to be Shell in Allestree.

Is there a mystery 5th person involved? There is Lawrence & Bennett driving, Keogh & another were injured passengers in Lawrence's car but the telegraph live feed states that when the crash happened Bennett panicked and drove away with another team mate?

Archived