Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

No fine, just costs awarded against (£85 and £90)?

Definitely no fine? I wasn't sure they were handed out in sentencing - My understanding was that they have to do a financial analysis on the person after sentencing (ie, once they're found guilty) which will determine the size of any fine - But not sure it that's always true

It's funny when you caught yourself thinking "how stupid is he?" and bit later someone is just way worse and compelete idiot.

Couple examples... I remember thinking what a tool George W. Bush is. Boy, he is nothing compared to current one.

Then our clever boy, Wisdom, driving to muddy ditch ? Obviously, Tom and Mason accepted the challenge like

fail hold my beer GIF by Action Point

Lucy Whitaker, representing Bennett, Bennett 'planned to get a taxi'

Ms Whitaker said he had planned to get a taxi with a team mate and when the time came to go, his team mate was talking to the “others”.

She said: “He made the poor decision to get in his vehicle and drive home. He lives three miles away.”

"Mason Bennett, 23, of Whaley Thorns, near Mansfield"

Further evidence Bennett is the not the sharpest tool in the box, if he thinks Mansfield is 3 miles from Quarndon.... ?

3 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Ms Whitaker said he had planned to get a taxi with a team mate and when the time came to go, his team mate was talking to the “others”.

She said: “He made the poor decision to get in his vehicle and drive home. He lives three miles away.”

Further evidence Bennett is the not the sharpest tool in the box, if he thinks Mansfield is 3 miles from Quarndon.... ?

I imagine he’s got a flat 3 miles away and his permanent residence is Whaley Thorns. 

Also how is Whaley Thorns near Mansfield?!

5 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

The street quoted in one of the articles doesn't exactly look like it's full of plush footballers' mansions.

they can count them selves f@*ing lucky, they both have probably gone thru hell with what the out come could be. 

they made a massive judgment and are absolute idiots for driving and risking other but calling for prison and sacking for me didn't sit right for me. 

£10 on tom to score the weekend for me

Missed all these live updates as I was in a bleeding lecture... been like match commentary this!?

Didnt know they fled the scene, makes the whole thing worse. They’re very very lucky to not get any jail time given that fact imo. Only further reinforces my view they shouldn’t be employees of Derby county anymore.

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Definitely no fine? I wasn't sure they were handed out in sentencing - My understanding was that they have to do a financial analysis on the person after sentencing (ie, once they're found guilty) which will determine the size of any fine - But not sure it that's always true

I don't know, I was asking. £175 seems very light, I would hope there's more to come.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

is that "180 hours unpaid work" or community service?

Both one and the same nowadays aren't they?

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Why are people surprised about no jail time? We all know people that have been stupid and drove drunkenly and been caught and not one i know has ever been jailed

Loads of tits on Twitter screaming that they should be sent down.  And a corresponding user pointing out the fact that first time offenders, especially those who haven't injured other road users/pedestrians rarely get a sentence. 

Most of those moaning appear to be Gumps or Dirties.  What a surprise!!

If they consider themselves lucky to not get banged up and take the punishment then let's all move on.

Banned from driving (I think they'll both have to take the test again) and they'll be lucky to get insurance on a dacia sandero.

But, the consiqences will still be there for Keogh.

Could've been so much worse for all parties. Cars are just lumps of metal, people are precious.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Missed all these live updates as I was in a bleeding lecture... been like match commentary this!?

Didnt know they fled the scene, makes the whole thing worse. They’re very very lucky to not get any jail time given that fact imo. Only further reinforces my view they shouldn’t be employees of Derby county anymore.

Did you feel the same way about Jody Morris? Cos he got caught drunk driving at 27 - Going the wrong way up a one-way street at double the drink drive limit - Definitely as dangerous as what these clowns have done

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I don't know, I was asking. £175 seems very light, I would hope there's more to come.

The thought of vehicle repairs dropped into my head, because I'm assuming insurance won't pay out of you've convicted of drinking at the time of the accident?

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

180 hours community service. That’s enough punishment as it is. Did 200 myself a few years back, a lot of Sunday’s there picking up dog muck on parks. 

Lets all move on now. 

God help the poor sods who get stuck on dog muck picking with Lawrence and as he flings 95% of the stuff high and wide of the bin.

Just now, ramsbottom said:

The thought of vehicle repairs dropped into my head, because I'm assuming insurance won't pay out of you've convicted of drinking at the time of the accident?

And presumably they are liable to claims of damages, e.g. Keogh regards his injury (as speculated) and the council to inspect and repair the lamp post.

Anyway, I wonder if twitter is full of Leeds fans claiming the lack of jail time is proof of an EFL conspiracy with the legal system to keep Leeds in the EFL.... ?

Archived