Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

Just now, Kinder said:

I think that‘a the best they could have hoped for. Let’s hope they’ve grown up a huge amount as a result of this and we can all draw a line under it.

significant comment abut Tom's reliance on alcohol.  will they have learnt or just feel they got away with it?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Got off light there in my opinion.

Hope others at the club take note of this and realise if they are stupid enough to get themselves involved in something like this that they may not be as lucky.

They might kill someone & their sentence could be much harsher.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

To me that sounds fair.

I know - and understand - that some of you wanted custodial sentences but I would fear for Lawrence the state that he's in.

I know, Keogh is also in a bad state and it could have been even worse but...

punish and support, eh?

Less than 5% of drink drivers go to prison.

Just now, GboroRam said:

No fine, just costs awarded against (£85 and £90)?

That surprises me; seeing as they smashed up some public property. I figured that's exactly the sort of things fines are for ? 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Less than 5% of drink drivers go to prison.

I don't think either should have gone, but I suspect that % is far higher for people who leave the scene, and far higher again for those who do that with someone injured in the car - even if they come back almost an hour later.

Makes me wonder how nobody could see Lawrence was struggling with his mam passing away and turning to drink. Literally nobody at the club could see it? He’s looked a lost soul  out there most Saturdays.

He hasn’t been right since he joined TBH, his form, his body language etc. He needs professional counselling, not throwing back in the first team to be booed 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

To me that sounds fair.

I know - and understand - that some of you wanted custodial sentences but I would fear for Lawrence the state that he's in.

I know, Keogh is also in a bad state and it could have been even worse but...

punish and support, eh?

Agreed, let's move on.

These 2 will have to live with what they have done everyday at least for the next 2 years (not having a car will be a reminder, Keogh will be a constant reminder).

On the pitch, you just know that opposing fans will not let it lie.

So now let's draw that line and give our support and help them rehabilitate.

they are very lucky boys, and will think so when they get home and cry.

But when they're doing their 8 hours community service and have to rely on lifts, they'll soon forget how lucky they are. I remember a mate getting done for driving whilst disqualified, and worried about prison, ended up getting community service and being all happy, until about the 3rd Sunday when he didn't want to get out of bed!

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now here's another contentious one. I once heard someone claim that Pringles aren't crisps.

Discuss.

If a thread goes on for long enough, it will somehow work its way back to the Jaffa Cake debate. We are now getting desperately close.

A pringle is most definitely a crisp (or potato chip for our American friends).

Archived