Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Fine them all as much as legally possible
  • Use the money from that to bring in Ben Arfa or someone like that without a club to play out wide
  • Get Davies in for Keogh and give him the armband back. He's not as good or as suitable for this passing system, but at least he's not a Bamford
  • Don't let those dick heads near the first team squad again. And if possible, don't even let them near the academy teams because we don't want them being poorly influenced by a group of Bamfords either

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

If he doesn't get a free pass now he'll never get one. This incident is just the latest in a wretched hand he's been dealt.

Yeah, absolutely behind Cocu on this. He's been let down hugely by his captain and other players who have been around for long enough to know better. Cocu should get time and funds to clear out this absolute poo show of a club. 

What a opportunity this is for Cocu.

Bubble of idiotism has truely bursted, he can do whatever he wants and the fans can only accept the changes he sees best.

Will be long hard season and some thought the draw against Leeds will kickstart this one.... I think this accident will kickstart the revolutionary changes.

I certainly don't mind.

10 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

On the flip side, well done to the players who showed the professionalism to stop when appropriate and go home as they should have.

It is amazing this is even a thought or a sentence haha. I understand where you are coming from... but the actions of the 3 confirmed (so far) players means we are now applauding people going home at 8pm because they have work in the morning! 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:
  • Fine them all as much as legally possible
  • Use the money from that to bring in Ben Arfa or someone like that without a club to play out wide
  • Get Davies in for Keogh and give him the armband back. He's not as good or as suitable for this passing system, but at least he's not a Bamford
  • Don't let those dick heads near the first team squad again. And if possible, don't even let them near the academy teams because we don't want them being poorly influenced by a group of Bamfords either

Ben Arfa is a  very good player but supposedly very selfish and quite arrogant so probably the last thing we need.

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He's 24 but you are mentioning his 9 years, including some where he wasn't mentally or physically equipped to play. You're entitled to your opinion, it's just wrong. Ranking him against our own players and others in this division, he's nowhere near worst.

It this a reference to speed? It's been positional anticipation, poor ball retention and aerial frailty that have been our weaknesses this season. Davies should be in already IMO

So you haven't seen the goals conceded from long balls over the top with Clarke being massively outpaced when chasing back?

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Christ, I really hope none of our younger players were influenced to stay out in the 'small group'.  You can just see the pull of hanging out with the captain and senior players, and becoming 'one of the boys' and then waking up this morning...

I had been really looking forward to kick starting our season on Saturday.

I'm worried more names will come out and no matter how important they are to us, should receive the same treatment. Currently praying Bogle, Marriott, Bielik, Waghorn and Lowe all fancied a quiet night in playing scrabble with each other ?

1 minute ago, Sidd10 said:

It is amazing this is even a though or a sentence haha. I understand where you are coming from... but the actions of the 3 confirmed (so far) players means we are now applauding people going home at 8pm because they have work in the morning! 

Yeah, I know what you mean. But criticise and praise in equal measure. Highlight the ones who did the right thing.

Feel so, so let down by the Derby players involved in these antics, not least by the Captain. For the club to confirm that they were offered travel home, but chose not to take it and instead to keep drinking and then drive, is shocking, dangerous and disgusting behaviour.

To do this, and to damage our team in this way, while we are currently struggling is, in my opinion, near impossible to forgive. It is such a sad way for some of these players' careers with this club to come to an end, but that is most likely what this will lead to.

I feel massively sorry for the manager, who now has an even harder task on his hands, and Mel Morris, who pays their wages. Most of all I feel sorry for their teammates, who they have so thoroughly let down.

Where we go from here, I have no idea, but it is clear that Derby fans expectations for this season need to be immediately re-evaluated. What a sorry state of affairs.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Stranger things have happened. I genuinely think the non-idiots have a chance of being fully backed by the crowd, especially after that statement.

I suspect that full backing happens if it's a young team where it's easy to distinguish they weren't part of this shambles.  Not sure otherwise.

Archived