Supporters Charter Meeting Questions

David

The next supporters charter meeting will be taking place on Wednesday 30th October.

If you have a question for the club please post below, one question per post.

9am October 15th questions which have received the most like reaction (likes only, all other reactions will be ignored) will be submitted for the meeting.

As always this topic is for question submissions only, please do not reply to other members and attempt to answer their questions.

Finally I am aware the minutes from the previous meeting have yet to be released, as soon as I receive them they will be posted on the forum.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you please explain the process for identifying, scouting, selecting and buying a player?

Do we have a dedicated team, would you say it is on a par with other championship clubs and do you feel we get good value in terms of ability and potential pre-sale value?

...I know that's 2 questions, but they are kinda linked.

Thanks.

Actually it's about 20 questions.

Are there any plans to address the issues relating to traffic getting away from the pride park area at full time?

It is very problematic and it is clear many people leave before the final whistle to try and beat the traffic.

The club would no doubt love to see fans staying until the final whistle.

The problems are intensified as a number of roads are closed for pedestrian safety as people spill on to the road.

Rather than closing these roads in their entirety could one lane exiting pride park be left open for traffic with only the incoming lane into pride park closed, pedestrians could then be directed to use the closed lanes only. This would still leave extra room for pedestrians while improving exit routes for traffic.

Going for my personal bee in the bonnet:

l understand that there is nothing that the club can do about screening rights abroad, but do they know if plans are being made to alter them in the future? At the moment any game that is chosen as a live game anywhere in the world is not permitted to be shown in certain countries live on RamsTV. This means that a game that's being shown in America for example at 3pm on a Saturday (UK time) cannot be shown in Spain for example. How can this be reasonable for a product that is paid for in advance, when that particular game is not available live in any other country?

(I'm sure that the person asking the question will be able to word it better)

What's gone wrong?

Not in a doomsday way. We haven't had the greatest pre season or start to the season and what would you say are the biggest causes?

Was it the inconvenient timing of Lampard leaving, Cocu going to Florida before even seeing his place of work? 

Or has it been settling into the country. Is the league much different from what Cocu expected? Have his ideas not really been suited to the game here? 

I wouldn't just ask "where did it all go wrong?" 

With the severe lack of quality in the squad at the moment, certainly when measured against expenditure, don't you ever just look at the scouting network in place and want to rip your eyes out? Cards on the table, an extra few hundred thousand spent on the scouting team about five or six years ago probably would've saved you £10s of millions and earnt you/us £100s of millions. 

The sooner we get some people in that can spot a player, the better for everyone. 

Whether it's in a 3-5-2, a 4-4-2 or a diamond formation please can we have a few games with Martin and Marriott playing up front together as a pair?

If this is a transition season, what do we have to lose in letting them try and gel.

Follow up if the answer is "no":   why do we not buy players to fit the system that the manager wants to play?

If we are playing 4-3-3 with wingers we need wingers that play that system.

Lawrence, Bennett (both when free of other distractions) and Paterson are better employed as a "Number 10". Duane is better in central midfield.

Jo-Flo has never crossed a ball that landed within the playing area.

On the trend of building updates though. As discussed during the talks of stadium valuation, are there plans in the works for the roof?

It was implied that the planned addition factored in to the valuation, as it added the ability to hold more non-football events. So I assume it would have to happen fairly soon. Is this something that has to wait until the reported investment-seeking is successful?

why are we not recruiting players from abroad? We must be missing out on some real, and cheaper (than domestic) quality transfers. Surely you look at players recruited by our rivals and feel embarrassed that we haven’t even tried to exploit the foreign market! 

The lack of signings in the Summer (I assume) were down to less time for a new management team to adjust and prepare for a season.

Q - Is the plan to recruit players in the Jan Transfer Window, or is the lack of signings a part of the plan?

The smaller squad allows more squad space for our own youth players. A positive. However, if the young players are not ready for first team football, we leave ourselves short of quality and numbers.

The higher price for many games compared to previous seasons.

Our attendances are around 2,000-3000 lower compared to a few seasons ago and I think many younger fans, people on lower incomes and families are being deterred from coming regularly. Midweek games (unless it is Forest or Leeds) should be no higher than £15-£20.

I am a season ticket holder and I have noticed fewer people for many matches, particularly in the Toyota Upper and North Stand, 

I appreciate we have a very high wage bill, but it is better to generate more match day income from more fans coming to the ground rather than charging higher prices for fewer fans in the stadium.

With Derby County having a number of famous fans including the pop industry in Niall Horan (One Direction) and in the film industry in Jack O'Connell etc.

Has there been any opportunities in the past or any possibilities in the pipeline of anyone famous wanting to produce a new song or work together artistically for the club to help raise the club's profile by creating something new for everyone to see or listen too or sing along too by viewing it, playing it at Pride Park etc to go along with Steve Bloomer's Watching, the We Are Derby – a poem by Jamie Thrasivoulou, and the recent art work designed by Derby-born artist Iona Rowland that combines the city's music culture including Niall Horan, Simon 'Bassline' Smith and White Town with iconic moments from the club's matches?

Archived