Greta Thunberg & Extinction Rebellion

Rev

11 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

who's worth 46 million? Great thunberg?

As an entity yes, her mother is a famous Swedish singer and father a famous Swedish author which could have given her a ‘head start’

Edit: actually I think that might be wrong so ignore that- apologies- some people are saying that figure is right, others saying it’s wrong. It does seem a bit too much for a young girl who has only really recently blown up.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am amazed that there are people that are scared of a young girl, that is concerned for her planet, and is doing something about it.

As with the brexiteers, please provide proof that she is being manipulated, please provide proof that what she is saying is wrong...I check back in a week to find neither.

24 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I am amazed that there are people that are scared of a young girl, that is concerned for her planet, and is doing something about it.

As with the brexiteers, please provide proof that she is being manipulated, please provide proof that what she is saying is wrong...I check back in a week to find neither.

This thread is absolutely comedy gold. Literally no one on this thread is ‘scared’ of her. And nobody on this thread is saying climate change doesn’t exist. My point was who is she and why has she come out of nowhere and why are hypocrites who are damaging the planet coming out to suddenly support her in helping the planet when they couldn’t give a poo before and still don’t. She couldn’t answer simple questions put forward to her(this has happened many times)- I’m not blaming her personally but why is she unable to answer questions off script. I’m always sceptical of people who come out of nowhere and suddenly get these big players and corporations supporting them, again, to reiterate like the Nayirah testimony ,even though those big players are the ones causing the damage not you or I.

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I'm not amazed at all. I view around half of humanity as beyond redemption.

9 hours ago, McRamFan said:

What have bexiteers got to do with it?

23 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

This thread is absolutely comedy gold. Literally no one on this thread is ‘scared’ of her. And nobody on this thread is saying climate change doesn’t exist. My point was who is she and why has she come out of nowhere and why are hypocrites who are damaging the planet coming out to suddenly support her in helping the planet when they couldn’t give a poo before and still don’t. She couldn’t answer simple questions put forward to her(this has happened many times)- I’m not blaming her personally but why is she unable to answer questions off script. I’m always sceptical of people who come out of nowhere and suddenly get these big players and corporations supporting them, again, to reiterate like the Nayirah testimony ,even though those big players are the ones causing the damage not you or I.

Hat fits nicely.

Out of nowhere, I heard about her just over a year ago, not my fault you are out of touch.

22 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Okay, but weird to bring that up. I voted brexit, but I support greta. Leaving Europe has nothing to do with climate change. 

https://www.climatechangenews.com/2019/08/07/no-deal-brexit-disaster-climate/

If you are a brexiteer that wants a deal, it has everything to do with climate.  No deal will allow the tories to take a lot of environmental protections away, as well as a lot of others, such as employment protection.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2019 at 07:34, RamNut said:

Highly unlikely.

But anyway my point was why should the argument be a selfish anthropocentric argument about human survival. 

Go to the Galerie d'evolution in Paris. Walk through the galleries of extinct creatures. The main exhibit is a huge procession of stuffed animals. Probably the only way that future generations will be able to see these animals is as a stuffed procession towards an imaginary ark. One of the most depressing places i've ever been to.

be bothered about that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.35288decd17e74cc21e18cf5b951f6f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.da4f98ca71a42dc9b9acec4d733275b2.jpeg

Why does it matter what people are bothered about if they're working for the same cause?

I'm sure people who don't eat meat because they see killing animals as unethical don't tell environmental vegans that they've got it wrong.

Archived