reverendo de duivel

Greta Thunberg & Extinction Rebellion

4 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

She's just a pawn in a political game, it's just sad that people can't see through it. Shameful really

Its more shameful those who dismiss what she has to say because she has an illness.

Disgusting more than shameful.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm actually embarrassed for you, likewise your fellow climate change denier @Sexydadbod The pair of you should be ashamed.

Where did we say that climate change doesn’t exist? I’d like to see it where we said climate change doesn’t exist?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm actually embarrassed for you, likewise your fellow climate change denier @Sexydadbod The pair of you should be ashamed.

Don't remember saying that I deny climate change.....?

My point isn't even about climate change, it could be about any subject really. Using children for political gain is wrong.

Open your eyes

1 minute ago, Hinzy9 said:

My point isn't even about climate change, it could be about any subject really. Using children for political gain is wrong.

Open your eyes

Which is it,  children or people with a mental illness? 

She is 16 not 5.

And open your eyes, people with health problems can make a useful contribution to soceity you know.

Edited by Paul71

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You do know having aspergers or autism doesn't mean you cannot be a functioning human being dont you?

I Didn’t say otherwise, people with autism and aspergers can enjoy happy lives. However, her own mother wrote in her book that Theta’s regularly suffered from depression, refused to eat or talk. Is it fair to keep pushing a girl who is vulnerable into the limelight? I can see this ending one way sadly. She can do good things without kept being pushed.

24 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Does anyone think that it doesn’t exist? Must be pretty silly to suggest pollutants aren’t harmful. Saying however we only 11 years left is wrong, plain wrong- they’ve been saying this for 50+ years that we’ve only got so long left. Any effects will be long term, and in the very long term rather than as short as 11 years.

Of course we all know that you are the foremost football expert on the forum but I doubt many of us were aware of your scientific credentials. Would you care to share your thinking and proofs please as the science community will doubtless be enthralled to hear that you have solved a quandary the finest minds on the planet have struggled with for years. How long do we have in your erstwhile opinion. Having worked in the renewables space for some years now, I myself am fascinated to hear how I've managed to get things so wrong. 

1 minute ago, Sexydadbod said:

I Didn’t say otherwise, people with autism and aspergers can enjoy happy lives. However, her own mother wrote in her book that Theta’s regularly suffered from depression, refused to eat or talk. Is it fair to keep pushing a girl who is vulnerable into the limelight? I can see this ending one way sadly. She can do good things without kept being pushed.

You have no idea if shes pushed,  you are guessing.

Guess what people with depression can learn to live with it, and even overcome it.

3 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

Open your eyes

He can’t. He’s trying to create an argument where there isn’t one. All we’ve both agreed on is how this very vulnerable girl(in the eyes of her mother), is being pushed for a political agenda. 

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Of course we all know that you are the foremost football expert on the forum but I doubt many of us were aware of your scientific credentials. Would you care to share your thinking and proofs please as the science community will doubtless be enthralled to hear that you have solved a quandary the finest minds on the planet have struggled with for years. How long do we have in your erstwhile opinion. Having worked in the renewables space for some years now, I myself am fascinated to hear how I've managed to get things so wrong. 

ducking hell, where have we stated that climate change doesn’t exist? You’re picking bits and pieces then coming to wrong conclusion, but that’s not surprising from you because you have a bad habit of doing it.

4 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

Open your eyes

You referred to climate change hysteria which quite clearly states your opinion (and understanding) of the subject.

My eyes are open, it's yours that are tightly closed. 

6 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

ducking hell, where have we stated that climate change doesn’t exist? You’re picking bits and pieces then coming to wrong conclusion, but that’s not surprising from you because you have a bad habit of doing it.

You've stated in multiple posts that you disagree with the scirtific community's assessment of tipping point timelines. That's climate change denial you silly boy. Quite clearly, you can't offer any justification for your comments around the 11 year estimates, which will surprise absolutely nobody. You too have a bad habit. It involves talking out of your harris.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not comfortable with a 16-year-old guy with aspergers being such a public figure. But it’s seemingly what she wants to do and she’s promoting a message for the greater good, IMO at least.

I find deeply uncomfortable. I found her speech uncomfortable.

Yeah, she's promoting a positive message I support, but the message has been drilled into from her parents. 

She has mental health issues and illnesses, has had dramatic, negative, depressing views imposed on her by her activist parents and is now being thrown into a political game. 

It is not going to end well for her.

You've stated in multiple posts that you disagree with the scirtific community's assessment of tipping point timelines. That's climate change denial silly boy. Quite clearly, you can't offer any justification for your comments around the 11 year estimates, which will surprise absolutely nobody.

Please provide evidence to back up your point “silly boy”.  I for one cannot take anyone seriously who suggests that ducking cannibalism is the answer to climate change. If it’s comes to that point then we’ve lost. 

10 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Please provide evidence to back up your point “silly boy”.  I for one cannot take anyone seriously who suggests that ducking cannibalism is the answer to climate change. If it’s comes to that point then we’ve lost. 

My point is that you are clueless. here's already half a dozen pieces of evidence to substantiate the claim in this thread alone. One scientist has suggested cannabilism but in your ignorance it's all your mind appears to be able to focus upon. Risible. Do you have children?

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

So why bring her illness into it?

The manipulation of any minor is wrong but especially a particularly vulnerable one.

Clearly you are OK with it though!

Edited by Hinzy9

One scientist has suggested as much but in your ignorance it's all your mind appears to be able to focus upon. Risible. Do you have children?

Wtf are you talking about. No I currently don’t have children, I don’t see the relevance?