Greta Thunberg & Extinction Rebellion

Rev

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but Judith Curry does not say that climate change is a hoax. She has issues with some of the suggested solutions and feels that the uncertainty of weather systems is sometimes not given enough scientific weighting in the debate (ie extreme weather events have always happened) - but she does not deny that man-made climate change is a fact. The earth is warming because of human actions

There is scientific concensus on climate change

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus_on_climate_change

Suggesting it is a hoax is pure ignorance

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Sorry, but Judith Curry does not say that climate change is a hoax. She has issues with some of the suggested solutions and feels that the uncertainty of weather systems is sometimes not given enough scientific weighting in the debate (ie extreme weather events have always happened) - but she does not deny that man-made climate change is a fact.

There is scientific concensus on climate change

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_consensus_on_climate_change

Suggesting it is a hoax is pure ignorance

I’ll remain ignorant then, because I 100% don’t believe it

9 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I’ll remain ignorant then, because I 100% don’t believe it

Heroic defiance in the face of reason ?

You don't believe the Earth is warming?  Or you don't believe humans are the cause of the warming?   

47 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I don’t believe humans are the cause 

Let NASA try to convince you otherwise.  At least read the article,

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Now some posters might try to convince you that NASA are part of a huge global conspiracy trying to convince us that we are warming the planet (I'm not sure why), but rest assured that is not the case.

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Facebook has nothing to do with it.. Perhaps researching Curry might be in order. Facebook is just a platform ?

Perhaps the person who originally put this on Facebook or the person who put it on here should do the research.

I think I am being perfectly reasonable in utterly dismissing anything that appears on Facebook as untrustworthy.

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Just had a look through Dr Judith Curry's blog - some interesting balanced arguments on there; https://judithcurry.com/

I picked this one out as a highlight, addressing the concerns of someone that has been genuinely terrified by Extinction Rebellion;

https://judithcurry.com/2019/12/14/the-toxic-rhetoric-of-climate-change/

I wonder if our resident NASA correspondent will respond to this? Has he mentioned NASA yet?

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps the person who originally put this on Facebook or the person who put it on here should do the research.

I think I am being perfectly reasonable in utterly dismissing anything that appears on Facebook as untrustworthy.

No not really and that is a total cop out. You’re better than that.

@maxjam posted a link to the climate lady. How about you challenge her theory, instead of dismissing Facebook.

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No not really and that is a total cop out. You’re better than that.

@maxjam posted a link to the climate lady. How about you challenge her theory, instead of dismissing Facebook.

The 'climate lady' is an interesting source, worth looking at. However, I'm sorry but I am not going to swallow something just because it's on Facebook. That's for morons.

The Facebook post made all sorts of claims that are put there for what reason?

On 31/12/2019 at 00:11, smiths_tavrn said:

But you're assuming global warming. I'm not so sure that  we're having any, but so what if we are? I'd welcome a little bit of global warming. Yeah it will be OK. Less turning on the central heating. More time we can go out wearing shorts, Whats wrong with that?

This is good satire

14 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The 'climate lady' is an interesting source, worth looking at. However, I'm sorry but I am not going to swallow something just because it's on Facebook. That's for morons.

The Facebook post made all sorts of claims that are put there for what reason?

I didn’t say swallow it because was on Facebook. If I posted the world was round on Facebook then, you would dismiss it?

All I am saying is don’t make assumptions on Curry just because, someone, mentioned her name in a Facebook post. That would just be stupidity..

Archived