Marcus Maddison-signed for Hull on loan

rynny

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Excellent. Just enough time for a boom or bust on another load of bang average bank then

If you're talking about £2.5m on Maddison then you've changed your tune - a few months ago you 100% would have taken a risk on him?

For what it's worth, I would take the gamble on him. 

Reports on his character are sketchy at best and based on hearsay.

This is a player that has consistently done two things: created goals and scored goals = exactly what we're lacking.

His previous history with Marriott too adds something exciting.

Why not go for it at that price? 

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you're talking about £2.5m on Maddison then you've changed your tune - a few months ago you 100% would have taken a risk on him?

It was a general joke, not really about Maddison. If we ignore the fact we might not have anything to spend, I think the 2.5 mil on Maddison is probably a fair deal. Even if he’s not that good, after he’s played at this level at his age I don’t think you’d lose much on him. Similar to Marriott, I don’t think he’s really worked out, but I also think were he to be fit and up for sale that we’d recoup most of what we paid for him. 

21 minutes ago, Spanish said:

that's the reason why we will get him.  Could be a few windows that we are excluded from, so we may be stuck with January's traditional cart of poo

Well if we’re gonna get banned, may as well go out swinging? Just spend everything we have in this window... Gabay is a fan of Ozil isn’t he?

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well if we’re gonna get banned, may as well go out swinging? Just spend everything we have in this window... Gabay is a fan of Ozil isn’t he?

I'm not suggesting madness just that this could be the last window for sometime yet to be decided, recruitment needs to consider areas where we are short and those with contracts expiring. 

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What’s his value and who’s valued him at that?

I don’t trust valuations me.

It was the newspaper the Independent that valued him they had to diversify as only old people buy newspapers nowadays so they now do independent valuations as a sideline.

I've seen Maddison about 3/4 times over the last 2 years through watching my local side Wycombe, has a superb shot on him and is very creative in the final third. He has that quality that stands out in League One, a decent player is so obvious to spot at that level. However, the one game Wycombe man-marked him tightly he got very frustrated and petulant and was substituted about 65 mins into the game, he was forced to think quicker and he didn't seem to be able to cope.  

From a very limited viewpoint, I'd say he could be worth a chance if the transfer fee is £2-2.5 million as he is only 26 so should be reaching his prime, not someone we should be pursing if we have serious ambitions of getting promoted but we are were we are at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No chance its us. 

Reading between the lines, Charlton and Birmingham have both failed to agree terms - so can't imagine us matching his wage demands.

I think he knows exactly where he wants to play. It will be for Grant McCann at Hull. He's not a replacement for Grosicki as they play on opposite flanks but he's going to go where he's known and valued.

Archived