Marcus Maddison-signed for Hull on loan

rynny

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

Everyone we’ve been linked with us from either Teamtalk or that football insider are they even reliable?

Of course not, it's just clickbait "journalistic" crud. That's why it's always about 10 clubs being linked in every article to get more viewers.

Amateurs pretending they're proper journalists, it's silage.

Just wait for any announcements on dcfc.co.uk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Repeated rumours that he’s a Bamford.

What, and half of our team aren’t???

If anyone’s gonna sort someone’s attitude out it’s big Phil.

Plus maybe the opportunity to play in the championship and work with Jack Marriott again not to mention learning from Wayne Rooney may sort him out ? 

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

What, and half of our team aren’t???

If anyone’s gonna sort someone’s attitude out it’s big Phil.

Plus maybe the opportunity to play in the championship and work with Jack Marriott again not to mention learning from Wayne Rooney may sort him out ? 

Assuming the rumours of his attitude are true, I don't think it would be worth signing him. IMO, the only way Cocu is going to sort out attitude issues in the squad is getting rid of those who are Bamfords. 

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Assuming the rumours of his attitude are true, I don't think it would be worth signing him. IMO, the only way Cocu is going to sort out attitude issues in the squad is getting rid of those who are Bamfords. 

I've always been a bit 'meh' about the idea of signing Maddison - But we're desperately short of creative attacking midfielders at the moment - If we can give more than a single chance a game to the likes of Martin, Marriott and Waggers they'll start bagging goals - So might be worth a punt for a couple of million with the sheer volume of chances he creates

Forestieri is by all accounts a bit of a Bamford but I'd have him on form - I still remember having Carbone on loan back in the day and he had a reputation

Plus Leeds have an entire team full of Bamfords (including his Bamfordness) and they're 10 points clear of third - I think we need to park this idea of having a team of nice Nigel-Clough-esque players and focus on bringing in some talent

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Plus Leeds have an entire team full of Bamfords (including his Bamfordness) and they're 10 points clear of third - I think we need to park this idea of having a team of nice Nigel-Clough-esque players and focus on bringing in some talent

I think there’s a big difference between being a Bamford on the pitch and being a general bad egg. I’d love to have the sort of player who dives, who opposition fans hate and whose name is used as a replacement for expletives on a fans forum. It would be brilliant. 

But if he’s someone who stirs the pot and has attitude issues, then I don’t want him anywhere near the club.

Strange that if he has a attitude problem that he gets picked week in and week out by each manager posh have had.

We have too many easy going players on the pitch it is time we had some who really annoy the opposition and their fans.

With Rooney and the rumours of Madison and Sinclair you will have players who can get under the opposition's skin.To get out of this division you need them and they drag others along too.

With his 2.5m release clause I bet that quite a few clubs would activate that so then he’s left with the decision to choose who to go for. To be honest I think he’ll sign for us knowing that he’ll be playing with Marriott and Rooney and be playing every week seeing as we’ve not got any better options

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think it would take a strong bid to get him in January, he's key to Pboro's promotion bid and they're currently third. I think you pay 40% more in January than you do in the summer, regardless of which league they're in. 

His contract expires next summer and he as a 2.5 million get out clause in his contract. I watched all his goals and assists on utube and can honestly say he is quality albeit in league 1. Well worth a punt! 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Will the fact his mate Jack has struggled to get in the team this year be a factor? If we are in for him and Marcus rings him up I doubt Jack will be glowing in his current appraisal of the management team.

But Jack has had trouble holding down a starting position for 2 management teams and was even left out of the starting 11 for our biggest game in years...more to do with Jack himself than anything else surely

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Will the fact his mate Jack has struggled to get in the team this year be a factor? If we are in for him and Marcus rings him up I doubt Jack will be glowing in his current appraisal of the management team.

Or it could be a case of getting the boys back together, showing the same as they did at posh together..

39 minutes ago, Squid said:

Or it could be a case of getting the boys back together, showing the same as they did at posh together..

Not sure I would use the Marriott thing as a factor in assessing whether we buy his old partner ,, 

Marriott is struggling to make the step up , whether that is ability as a finisher , ability as an all round team player ,attitude , training /fitness or just his body gets too many injuries that keep him out doesn’t really matter as the end result is the same ,, he has not come in and nailed down a starting place and that is under two managers ,one of which bought him , 

we paid decent money for him and he’s yet another player that we have bought to improve the team that then struggles to even get in the team regularly and that’s the biggest problem this club has ,it keeps repeating this with new players

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Not sure I would use the Marriott thing as a factor in assessing whether we buy his old partner ,, 

Marriott is struggling to make the step up , whether that is ability as a finisher , ability as an all round team player ,attitude , training /fitness or just his body gets too many injuries that keep him out doesn’t really matter as the end result is the same ,, he has not come in and nailed down a starting place and that is under two managers ,one of which bought him , 

we paid decent money for him and he’s yet another player that we have bought to improve the team that then struggles to even get in the team regularly and that’s the biggest problem this club has ,it keeps repeating this with new players

Most definately agree with you on your points mate.

I mentioned it as a potential benefit rather than it being the sole purpose of us purchasing him.

No doubt however he has been fantastic in League one for several seasons , currently joint 2nd in assists this year, 1st last year, 1st the year before, 3rd before that, tied 1st before that.

He's had 9 goals 6 assists this year.

For 2.5 million it is relatvely peanuts in comparison to many other players available.

29 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What I can't understand with Maddison is given his record for goals and assists, why a mid to lower end PL club haven't been in for him - not as though he's new on the scene.

Yep. The owner has been hawking him around for years now without any takers. Lest we forget, he had a hissy when we ‘only’ took Jack as he’s thought we were in for both.

I’d also take the long list of other clubs interested in him with a dose of salt. Plenty of ability but some questions to answer too IMO. 

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Don't think he is getting any better. 

Would prefer someone younger. 

Anyone know much about Eisa at Scunthorpe? 

I've seen him in highlights but never live. 

Personally think the jump from League 2 to the Championship is too much

Archived