Marcus Maddison-signed for Hull on loan

rynny

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

On loan? That’s pretty good dealing by Hull, get to see if he can adapt to this level first before blowing a load of dosh on him.

I assume, with his contract expiring - its a chunkyish loan fee. P'borough accepted multiple offers but he wouldn't agree terms with the clubs; but they were clearly happy to let him go - I doubt that fee is too dissimilar. This way the terms of his payment are fixed until contract negotiations in the summer.
A good compromise.

I also assume Hull have something set up so that he can't just go and sign for someone else without them negotiating first ? 

Glad this didn’t happen. Posh chairman (who I actually like) basically has bad mouthed him on his YouTube talking about how he is wanting a certain amount of money probably about £20,000 a week and how he tended to be ill a lot and lots of problems. 

It seems that we are happy to take this fellas word on one of his players and are relieved we missed out on him, if he was ever an option.

Seeing as the same guy has repeatedly stated Marriott was a great team player, a natural finisher and the hardest working player at the club we can probably put to bed the persistant in the know information that he's a lazy bum in training, is up his own arse and plays golf 24 hours a day .

Must admit I think it’s important to avoid any bad eggs in the squad, so if this lad truly does have an attitude problem, it’s maybe a good thing we missed out on him. Has to be said though, with Hull only having him on an initial loan, it’s not too much of a gamble by them. Still pretty good business in my book, the loan fee will be fairly big but they can let him go at the end of the season if he’s a bamford.

Archived